• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Braves season thread

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pitching staff isn't even close to championship caliber. Once again they put a couple of guys on base and then give up the tater. Throw fucking strikes!

agreed. fortunately, we have a top farm that is loaded with pitchers.

would like to see us be aggressive this off-season.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do yall think will be our starting rotation for next year

i'm thinking Folty, Gausman, Touki, Soroka and Newk

maybe deal Teheran?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do yall think will be our starting rotation for next year

i'm thinking Folty, Gausman, Touki, Soroka and Newk

maybe deal Teheran?

Bumgarner
Folty
Touki
Gausman
Kyle Wright

That's my rotation if I have my say so.

I'm sending Soroka to Miami for Realmuto and Newk to San Fran for Bumgarner.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumgarner
Folty
Touki
Gausman
Kyle Wright

That's my rotation if I have my say so.

I'm sending Soroka to Miami for Realmuto and Newk to San Fran for Bumgarner.

could you elaborate on those trades

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could you elaborate on those trades

Soroka, Joey Wentz and a mid level hitting prospect for Realmuto. If they want more, we walk away and go after Grandall in free agency and insert Soroka into the rotation, though him having shoulder problems is a major concern for me, which is why I'm willing to move him.

Austin Riley, Sean Newcomb and Bryse Wilson for Bumgarner. We fucking need Bumgarner.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touki
Folty
Soroka
Gausman
And a Veteran we sign....maybe Dallas Keuchel?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AA fucked up though, we should have resigned Zuk at Catcher, let Flowers go, and Signed Grandal.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soroka, Joey Wentz and a mid level hitting prospect for Realmuto. If they want more, we walk away and go after Grandall in free agency and insert Soroka into the rotation, though him having shoulder problems is a major concern for me, which is why I'm willing to move him.

Austin Riley, Sean Newcomb and Bryse Wilson for Bumgarner. We fucking need Bumgarner.

we also need more consistent bats. i'm cool with trading some arms (including Newk, b/c who knows if he gets better or not) but including Riley in trade scenarios will always draw a strong pause from me.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we also need more consistent bats. i'm cool with trading some arms (including Newk, b/c who knows if he gets better or not) but including Riley in trade scenarios will always draw a strong pause from me.

Johan earned the 3B job as far as I'm concerned, so if an unproven talent like Riley can land a proven ace, I'm all for it.

If we acquire Bumgarner via trade, his salary is reasonable, so we would still have enough left over to sign a big bat.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johan earned the 3B job as far as I'm concerned, so if an unproven talent like Riley can land a proven ace, I'm all for it.

If we acquire Bumgarner via trade, his salary is reasonable, so we would still have enough left over to sign a big bat.

do you think the offense is a problem, or am i over-reacting

and i agree about johan

edit: for some reason, i didn't see the part about signing a big bat in the off-season

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Keuchel,Grandal,and Kimbrel.

Put Riley in RF, that gives you 3 months to see what he is.

Then go all out at the deadline to win a WS.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think the offense is a problem, or am i over-reacting

and i agree about johan

edit: for some reason, i didn't see the part about signing a big bat in the off-season

Offensive consistency is definitely a problem. Markakis really faded towards the end of the season and that killed our offense, Freddie and Acuna were really the only ones you could somewhat count on in the second half.

If everything goes as planned, Acuna, Ozzie, Dansby and Johan will make improvements, and upgrading at catcher and signing a bat should help.

I'm going back and forth on keeping Markakis or letting him walk. If we keep him, I definitely want a more viable option at cleanup without taking Acuna out of the leadoff spot. Markakis is really a 2 hole hitter at this point in his career.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Keuchel,Grandal,and Kimbrel.

Put Riley in RF, that gives you 3 months to see what he is.

Then go all out at the deadline to win a WS.

letting Kaiks walk and putting Riley in RF would be my preference unless we can get someone like Harper

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive consistency is definitely a problem. Markakis really faded towards the end of the season and that killed our offense, Freddie and Acuna were really the only ones you could somewhat count on in the second half.

If everything goes as planned, Acuna, Ozzie, Dansby and Johan will make improvements, and upgrading at catcher and signing a bat should help.

I'm going back and forth on keeping Markakis or letting him walk. If we keep him, I definitely want a more viable option at cleanup without taking Acuna out of the leadoff spot. Markakis is really a 2 hole hitter at this point in his career.

agreed with Realmuto. .280/20 HR type of player. major upgrade over Suzuki and Flowers

just not sure i want to give up Riley

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
off topic but holy shit, are the Red Sox shoving their fist up the Yankees' ass or what

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed with Realmuto. .280/20 HR type of player. major upgrade over Suzuki and Flowers

just not sure i want to give up Riley

I'd be sending Riley to San Francisco. It'll be a while before they're relevant again.

And the only reason I'm willing to part with Soroka is because his shoulder problems really worry me. He had to go on the DL after 2 starts twice with his shoulder.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be sending Riley to San Francisco. It'll be a while before they're relevant again.

And the only reason I'm willing to part with Soroka is because his shoulder problems really worry me. He had to go on the DL after 2 starts twice with his shoulder.

Bumgarner is from Braves country, btw. i'd be all for having a native NCer being the ace of the Braves