• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs would shit on the Heat. 5 games max. Cavs have the 3 best players on the court- a better, deeper front court, better outside shooting AND of course we have LBJ and they dont. It also doesnt help Love and Irving are in their primes and Wade and Bosh are passed theirs.

Hmmm, I don't think it would be a curb stomp...But, the Cavs should win.

Bosh, Dragic, Wade, Deng and Whiteside are not a shit starting 5.

Plus, they will have McBob healthy off the bench to go along with Green and Winslow.

I wish they would have picked up Boozer, instead of Stat, for health reasons.

But, they have a solid Team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus, they will have McBob healthy off the bench to go along with Green and Winslow.

i think they will compete with the Wiz and Bucks and Raptors in that 2nd tier in the East if you assume realistic health...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they will compete with the Wiz and Bucks and Raptors in that 2nd tier in the East if you assume realistic health...

Yeah, I agree.

But, they wouldn't go out with a whimper like the Celtics did.

I think it would go minimum 6, just based on pride alone.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

assuming smith and thompson and dell are back - which seem like good bets- the Cavs depth is really where they hold the edge....

Cavs SECOND team:

PG- Mo
SG- JR
SF- Jefferson
PF- Thompson
C- Varejao

thats head and shoulders better than

PG- Chalmers
SG- Green
SF- Winslow
PF- McBob
C- Amare

especially in the front court....total massacre.- and the back court for that matter...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs would shit on the Heat. 5 games max. Cavs have the 3 best players on the court- a better, deeper front court, better outside shooting AND of course we have LBJ and they dont. It also doesnt *hurt Love and Irving are in their primes and Wade and Bosh are passed theirs.

Bold pick their Wigster, but last I heard, that doesn't get you a ring.
I would love to play the Cavs in an everything to gain, nothing to lose series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree.

But, they wouldn't go out with a whimper like the Celtics did.

I think it would go minimum 6, just based on pride alone.
itll start in Cleveland....

Cavs 2-0 at home

go to Miami- split in Miami

and finish it in Cleveland in game 5....you think Miami wins a game 5 possible close out in Clev?

doubtful. very doubtful.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ, who do you see getting the 7th and 8th seed out West?

I think the Blazers and Mavs fall out of the playoff picture.

But, the Thunder will be top 3.

So, that leaves 1 spot because Nola is gonna make it again.

Sacto, Suns or Jazz?

Yes, the Kings roster is toxic from top to bottom.

But, they have talent.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assuming smith and thompson and dell are back - which seem like good bets- the Cavs depth is really where they hold the edge....

Cavs SECOND team:

PG- Mo
SG- JR
SF- Jefferson
PF- Thompson
C- Varejao

thats head and shoulders better than

PG- Chalmers
SG- Green
SF- Winslow
PF- McBob
C- Amare

especially in the front court....total massacre.- and the back court for that matter...

Agreed.

But, they still have to go out and play the games.

Wins are not decided on paper.

Believe me, I know that better than most :tsk:.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You sure seem to spend ALOT of time worrying/analyzing the Heat.
Karma alone might be enough to knock out the douche duo of Gilbert/James..

Could you even imagine?

IF the Heat somehow played and beat them, that would most likely end James days in Cleveland.
He would just KNOW that it was never going to happen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ, who do you see getting the 7th and 8th seed out West?

I think the Blazers and Mavs fall out of the playoff picture.

But, the Thunder will be top 3.

So, that leaves 1 spot because Nola is gonna make it again.

Sacto, Suns or Jazz?

Yes, the Kings roster is toxic from top to bottom.

But, they have talent.

Well- 1-7 out West is pretty set right? with New Orleans at the 7?

Portland lost 4 of their starting 5- I like Lillard but he has no help...

I think that 8 spot will come down to the Kings/Suns/Jazz.....and actually- I kinda like your Kings pick. They have the best player and added some depth---- but who knows...they could just as easily win 30 games.

Dallas will have pride too- Carlisle is a great coach.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

But, they still have to go out and play the games.

Wins are not decided on paper.

Believe me, I know that better than most :tsk:.
haha true enough.

I just dont see the Heat being that great. Its still a slow team that cant really shoot from the outside. They have individual talent- but they dont have a modern style of play. Dragic will help- but its not like Bosh and Wade like to run. The Heat just dont get easy buckets- they dont defend particularly well, and they cant shoot the 3....individual talent will get them a decent seed if the guys stay healthy- but in a series i just dont see the threat to a team like the Cavs

the Cavs offense is just off the charts when all those guys are playing. The Cavs can turn into a defensive team too if they want- they have that versatility as we saw. The Cavs shoot the 3 ball great- and SERIOUSLY- can you think of a team that hits the glass as well as the Cavs? against a team like Miami who is an overall poor rebounding team?-- Cavs get easy buckets too. Wade would have a chip on his shoulder I am sure- and get a game- but i dont see the Heat winning in a game in Cleveland by any stretch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs rebounding could be AMAZINGLY good this year....think of all those rebounders...Love! Thompson! Mozgov! Varejao! LeBron! - i mean dude...that is like 3 world class rebounders both offensively and defensively wih Love/Thompson/Varejao....plus the outside shooting is just sick -especially after adding Mo Williams.....and in transition you have K Love with those passes- and that human freight train in LeBron who is the best fast break player since Magic....

Cavs rebound too well, shoot too well, run too well, - and can change styles as needed- and have AMAZING indivudual scorers like Kyrie and Bron when those playoff defenses start stifling regular offense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha true enough.

I just dont see the Heat being that great. Its still a slow team that cant really shoot from the outside. They have individual talent- but they dont have a modern style of play. Dragic will help- but its not like Bosh and Wade like to run. The Heat just dont get easy buckets- they dont defend particularly well, and they cant shoot the 3....individual talent will get them a decent seed if the guys stay healthy- but in a series i just dont see the threat to a team like the Cavs

the Cavs offense is just off the charts when all those guys are playing. The Cavs can turn into a defensive team too if they want- they have that versatility as we saw. The Cavs shoot the 3 ball great- and SERIOUSLY- can you think of a team that hits the glass as well as the Cavs? against a team like Miami who is an overall poor rebounding team?-- Cavs get easy buckets too. Wade would have a chip on his shoulder I am sure- and get a game- but i dont see the Heat winning in a game in Cleveland by any stretch.

"That has Spoelstra preaching a new big three, "Pace, speed and quickness."

And on that count, the front office appears in lock step.

"I agree with him wholeheartedly, because I started my career as a fastbreak coach," Heat President Pat Riley said."

And we will, see, but I'm expecting alot of easy baskets or easy shots that are missed.
Our starting 5 should be very difficult to defend.
How often do teams have 5 players who compliment each other and can all shoot at a high%?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha true enough.

Whiteside changed the Heat 100% in that department.
Stats don't lie when he's on the court.
Only thing stopping him is himself.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think of that shooting- Smith shot almost 7 3's a game last year- one of the tops in the league- and shot 40%...Kyrie at 41.5 % from 3....Mo williams last time he played with LEBron was KORVERLIKE from 3 at like 42 and 43% those 2 seasons- Love is like the best 3 point shooting big man out there- JJones and Miller in spot duty...Jefferson has established himself as a 40% 3 point shooter.....Delly I believe shot over 40% from 3 last year even....its crazy when you think about it....

couple that with that rebounding- and the ability to run- and having 2 of the best 5 iso players in the league when things get tough?! SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.....5 max.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"That has Spoelstra preaching a new big three, "Pace, speed and quickness."

And on that count, the front office appears in lock step.

"I agree with him wholeheartedly, because I started my career as a fastbreak coach," Heat President Pat Riley said."

And we will, see, but I'm expecting alot of easy baskets or easy shots that are missed.
Our starting 5 should be very difficult to defend.
How often do teams have 5 players who compliment each other and can all shoot at a high%?
your gonna run with Bosh, Wade and Deng? cmon man...Amare? Haslem? lol...cmon man....

the Heat dont have the roster to push the ball....thats a slug-it-out half court offense if i have ever seen it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your gonna run with Bosh, Wade and Deng? cmon man...Amare? Haslem? lol...cmon man....

the Heat dont have the roster to push the ball....thats a slug-it-out half court offense if i have ever seen it.

Starting 5 will play at a fast pace.
That's what they are preaching, and that's what Dragic was wanting and told would happen.
Bosh can run, especially if he doesn't need to pretend he's going to rebound.
Wade is still great in the open court.

I don't think we're looking to be the old Nuggets, but we certainly won't be the James dribble for 15 seconds and look for a corner 3 Heat team that we all were accustomed to watching.

I doubt UD has much if any role this year unless we have injuries.
I don't mind Amare for 10-12 minutes at all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside changed the Heat 100% in that department.
Stats don't lie when he's on the court.
Only thing stopping him is himself.
he definitely helps that- but even with him you still finished deadlast in rebounding- albeit- total rebounds isnt a great stat because it doesnt take into account pace, or shooting % or stuff like that...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting 5 will play at a fast pace.
That's what they are preaching, and that's what Dragic was wanting and told would happen.
Bosh can run, especially if he doesn't need to pretend he's going to rebound.
Wade is still great in the open court.

I don't think we're looking to be the old Nuggets, but we certainly won't be the James dribble for 15 seconds and look for a corner 3 Heat team that we all were accustomed to watching.

I doubt UD has much if any role this year unless we have injuries.
I don't mind Amare for 10-12 minutes at all.
that starting 5 will die of exhaustion by January if you try and run with them man...Wade? Deng? Bosh? thats the last thing you want those guys doing...but whatever...if you insist...we shall see right?

thats why I tend to totally disagree with you that Dragic is a better fit than Kyrie....Dragic is a PG that wants to push it and you have a bunch of older have court players----its why I liked you getting Green even though he is not exactly a young guy anymore- atl east hes athletic and can still run...

I think its a recipe for disaster asking that starting 5 to run up and down the court- especiallywith a bench that is not exactly sterling.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think of that shooting- Smith shot almost 7 3's a game last year- one of the tops in the league- and shot 40%...Kyrie at 41.5 % from 3....Mo williams last time he played with LEBron was KORVERLIKE from 3 at like 42 and 43% those 2 seasons- Love is like the best 3 point shooting big man out there- JJones and Miller in spot duty...Jefferson has established himself as a 40% 3 point shooter.....Delly I believe shot over 40% from 3 last year even....its crazy when you think about it....

couple that with that rebounding- and the ability to run- and having 2 of the best 5 iso players in the league when things get tough?! SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.....5 max.

If we're good enough to get that far, it's going 6-7.
You don't seem to understand that you are 1 James bad step from being a probable low playoff seed.
Keep counting your chickens, but I still see zero eggs.