• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he definitely helps that- but even with him you still finished deadlast in rebounding- albeit- total rebounds isnt a great stat because it doesnt take into account pace, or shooting % or stuff like that...

Where did we rank in the games that he played?
If I recall, without looking, we hardly ever lost the battle of the boards, but that really means nothing because when the James/Heat won 2 titles, they almost always were out rebounded.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have you ever had situations where the seller tries to go after the buyers earnest money if the buyer changes their mind?

Hasn't happened to me, but I've seen it happen. Didn't look like much fun because somehow, both sides ended up pissed off at the agent.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha true enough.

I just dont see the Heat being that great. Its still a slow team that cant really shoot from the outside. They have individual talent- but they dont have a modern style of play. Dragic will help- but its not like Bosh and Wade like to run. The Heat just dont get easy buckets- they dont defend particularly well, and they cant shoot the 3....individual talent will get them a decent seed if the guys stay healthy- but in a series i just dont see the threat to a team like the Cavs

the Cavs offense is just off the charts when all those guys are playing. The Cavs can turn into a defensive team too if they want- they have that versatility as we saw. The Cavs shoot the 3 ball great- and SERIOUSLY- can you think of a team that hits the glass as well as the Cavs? against a team like Miami who is an overall poor rebounding team?-- Cavs get easy buckets too. Wade would have a chip on his shoulder I am sure- and get a game- but i dont see the Heat winning in a game in Cleveland by any stretch.

I will reserve judgement until I actually see them play as a whole.

They had a bunch of injuries and have not had a real chance to play together.

Injuries are a part of the game, I know....

But, I think they could be top 4 or 5 in the East and have the experience to overwhelm a younger Team come the Post Season.

Do you think Atlanta is still top 2?

I don't.

I think it will be the Cavs, Bulls and then Washington/Toronto/Atlanta/Heat will battle it out for the other spots.

I love the Bucks.

But, I don't know if I'm ready to put them top 4...unless Jabari goes ham.

They are still very young.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will reserve judgement until I actually see them play as a whole.

They had a bunch of injuries and have not had a real chance to play together.

Injuries are a part of the game, I know....

But, I think they could be top 4 or 5 in the East and have the experience to overwhelm a younger Team come the Post Season.

Do you think Atlanta is still top 2?

I don't.

I think it will be the Cavs, Bulls and then Washington/Toronto/Atlanta/Heat will battle it out for the other spots.

I love the Bucks.

But, I don't know if I'm ready to put them top 4...unless Jabari goes ham.

They are still very young.
Mecca

Question- What is the Buck starting lineup?--- i was discussing this with beengay the other day---

you have

PG - MCW
SG- Middleton
SF- Giannis
PF- Monroe
C- Henson

where does Parker go?

NICe bench with - Greivis Vazquez at PG (with developmental Ennis behind him), OJ Mayo scorer on the wing, Miles Plumlee in the front court

but what is that starting lineup?

man....what a lineup defensively and speed wise AND offensively if they go with Giannis at the 4 and Parker at the3 and Monroe at the 5

I REALLY REALLY Like the Bucks- but like u said- maybe itsa year too soon to expect big things out of them- but Kidd has shown he is a solid coach....-- i gotta think they will compete with ATL/WIZ/HEAT/TOR for that middle tier...

I think Atlanta is still good- and still the likely 3 seed- but its not guaranteed....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca

Question- What is the Buck starting lineup?--- i was discussing this with beengay the other day---

you have

PG - MCW
SG- Middleton
SF- Giannis
PF- Monroe
C- Henson

where does Parker go?

NICe bench with - Greivis Vazquez at PG (with developmental Ennis behind him), OJ Mayo scorer on the wing, Miles Plumlee in the front court

but what is that starting lineup?

man....what a lineup defensively and speed wise AND offensively if they go with Giannis at the 4 and Parker at the3 and Monroe at the 5

I REALLY REALLY Like the Bucks- but like u said- maybe itsa year too soon to expect big things out of them- but Kidd has shown he is a solid coach....-- i gotta think they will compete with ATL/WIZ/HEAT/TOR for that middle tier...

I think Atlanta is still good- and still the likely 3 seed- but its not guaranteed....

No, I think Monroe is starting at the 5 and Parker at the 4.

Henson will come off the bench.

You know I have always liked MCW.

But, I think the Bucks made a mistake trading away Brandon Knight.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG- MCW
SG- Middleton
SF- Parker
PF- Giannis
C- Monroe

in a "small" lineup? LOL...dude, that could be down right SCARY defensively and have plenty of firepower offensively

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when do the Cavs run all that well either??

Now, you are just being a homer.
The Cavs were not a very good fastbreaking team at all last season.

They have a very good individual fast break player in LEBRON, but overall the team is fairly stagnant on the break.

They were ranked 25th in fastbreaks out of 30 teams, and considerably worse when you remove the one man fast breaks of James. Lebron James almost singlehandedly accounted for the relative few fastbreaks.

Now apparently the team became Golden State overnight .... by adding Varajao and Richard Jefferson???

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when do the Cavs run all that well either??

Now, you are just being a homer.
The Cavs were not a very good fastbreaking team at all last season.

They have a very good individual fast break player in LEBRON, but overall the team is fairly stagnant on the break.

They were ranked 25th in fastbreaks out of 30 teams, and considerably worse when you remove the one man fast breaks of James. Lebron James almost singlehandedly accounted for the relative few fastbreaks.

Now apparently the team became Golden State overnight .... by adding Varajao and Richard Jefferson???
its the personal- they are capable of it- and you have to look beyond the stats- just like I said with Miami being deadlast in rebounding- pace matters, style of play matters, personnel matters

when you have Love starting the break with those crazy outlet passes- and Bron initiating the break- thats scary---but you are right- in that- ESPECIALLY in the first half of last year- the Cavs took a while- well until January- to get it together and plyed WAAAAY too much ISO until they got some continuity...it just doesnt happen overnight.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG- MCW
SG- Middleton
SF- Parker
PF- Giannis
C- Monroe

in a "small" lineup? LOL...dude, that could be down right SCARY defensively and have plenty of firepower offensively

Yeah...If Parker rebounds from surgery...scary.

Don't forget the Greek Freak is still growing.

I read the other day that he was 6'11...lol

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG- MCW
SG- Middleton
SF- Parker
PF- Giannis
C- Monroe

This is easily their best lineup and probably closing lineup for sure. Defensively they would be fine because the East doesn't really have many dominant bigs. The biggest challenge on defense would be Monroe and who he guards.

They could run a defense much like the Warriors where they employ a lot of switching. Have a 6'6" PG gives you a lot of flexibility defensively.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why I spent so much time just now reading that entire trojanfan/WiggyRuss argument. But it was entertaining at least.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,688.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Kings roster is toxic from top to bottom.

But, they have talent.

I think the Kings win 38-42 games but miss the postseason. It's going to be very interesting to see how Karl handles the headcases. Honestly, I could see him quitting halfway through the season. He had problems with JR Smith and he has several of them on the Kings.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Kings win 38-42 games but miss the postseason. It's going to be very interesting to see how Karl handles the headcases. Honestly, I could see him quitting halfway through the season. He had problems with JR Smith and he has several of them on the Kings.

I can't see the Kings being a legit playoff team. The fact that Cousins and George Karl already have bad chemistry with one another before even playing one game let's you know how their season is going to go.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,688.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said they miss the postseason. I think they'll be better than last season and about 9-10th in the West.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cavs added Mike Miller to a trade, perhaps one of the Brendan Haywood possible deals.

Miller has become very expendable after the Cavs signed Jefferson and then brought back James Jones. Both are stand-still shooters from 3-point range.

Miller wisely grabbed his $2.8 million option for 2015-16. He’s 35 and coming off a miserable season, shooting .325 from the field (.327 on 3-points) in 52 games.

The coaching staff lost confidence in Miller during training camp. They didn’t think the 35-year-old could defend, and Miller did little to prove them wrong. But even more disturbing, his shooting touch was gone.

Miller secured a two-year contract from the Cavs partly based on his 2013-14 season when he played in 81 games for Memphis. He averaged 7.1 points in 21 minutes a night, shooting .481 from the field (.451 on 3-pointers). He appeared to have plenty of game left as a part-time player.

Miller also had some nice seasons with Miami (2010-13), when he was a teammate of James.

But last season, it was as if he got old very fast.”

Damn Wiggy.
You mean it's possible/probable that James would trade his great friend who sacrificed a lot of cash, uprooted his family, etc per HIS REQUEST to join him in Cleveland?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napier to Orlando in a salary dumb move

Good move by the Magic.

I like Payton.

But, he's one of the few players that I would rather have MCW hoist up 30 shots per game over him...lol

He's athletic as hell. But, he and Olidipo make a brutal shooting back court.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,688.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move by the Magic.

I like Payton.

But, he's one of the few players that I would rather have MCW hoist up 30 shots per game over him...lol

He's athletic as hell. But, he and Olidipo make a brutal shooting back court.

Mick's coming back from Ireland.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Time will tell.

They have a good roster ....on paper.

But, their chemistry will be horrific.

Utah is my darkhorse.

Outside of Wiggins, I like their young roster over Minny's....and you know how much I like LaVine.

But, Favors, Gobert, Burks, Burk, Exum, Hood, Lyles...they have some horses.

My only concern is Hayward as the leader.

He's really good.

But, a franchise guy?

They need a good Vet to take the next step.