• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
LOL. Lebron also learned to be ruthless from Riley. Comical. Cavs now have 3 of the top 20 players in the league including the best and will likely be adding some higher priced players as well. Spending Gilbert's money. Will be fun to see if the pressure and/or injuries catch up to them. The Clippers, Spurs and Warriors are stacked and the East is a little better.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DIRECTLY FROM THE ARTICLE on the trade

Miller was a key signing last offseason because of his experience, 3-point-shooting ability and relationship with LeBron James. But he barely played in the second half of the season and playoffs, averaging 5.6 points and shooting just 33 percent from 3-point range.

The Cavs' trading of Miller was motivated by luxury-tax savings. Depending on where their final payroll lands, the Cavs could have saved roughly $10 million in salary and tax by offloading Miller, who received a trade kicker payout of $430,000 as part of the transaction, in addition to his $3 million salary.

In 2013, when the Miami Heat used the amnesty provision to waive Miller, it greatly upset James. At the time, the move projected savings of about $17 million in luxury tax for the Heat. With Miller nearing retirement and with no clear role next season on the Cavs, a source close to James described trading Miller as being "the right thing to do" to give Miller options about where he wants to continue playing.

LOL!!!

The Cavs will create two trade exceptions with the move, one for $10.5 million, which will be the largest active trade exception in the league, and the other for $2.94 million. The Cavs will also receive cash in the deal, sources said.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DIRECTLY FROM THE ARTICLE on the trade

Miller was a key signing last offseason because of his experience, 3-point-shooting ability and relationship with LeBron James. But he barely played in the second half of the season and playoffs, averaging 5.6 points and shooting just 33 percent from 3-point range.

The Cavs' trading of Miller was motivated by luxury-tax savings. Depending on where their final payroll lands, the Cavs could have saved roughly $10 million in salary and tax by offloading Miller, who received a trade kicker payout of $430,000 as part of the transaction, in addition to his $3 million salary.

In 2013, when the Miami Heat used the amnesty provision to waive Miller, it greatly upset James. At the time, the move projected savings of about $17 million in luxury tax for the Heat. With Miller nearing retirement and with no clear role next season on the Cavs, a source close to James described trading Miller as being "the right thing to do" to give Miller options about where he wants to continue playing.

LOL!!!

The Cavs will create two trade exceptions with the move, one for $10.5 million, which will be the largest active trade exception in the league, and the other for $2.94 million. The Cavs will also receive cash in the deal, sources said.

PLEASE.
It is EXACTLY what I've said all along.

FIND ONE article AT THE TIME IT HAPPENED that states James was upset.
You can't because it doesn't exist.
It was also "the right thing to do" back then.

Also, I've said ALL ALONG that he thought/wants to play, which is exactly what is being said now by Ethan Skolnick who is exactly who I said you should be listening to because he is actually friends with Mike.

NOBODY said it was a bad move by the Cavs NOR was it by the Heat because nobody in their right mind would invest 9-10M in him let alone 17M or whatever Arison saved.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Miami waiving Miller and the Cavs trading him...

The Heat did it to save money.
The Cavs are doing it so they can go get some quality role players.

IMO, LeBron wasn't unhappy with the Miller move because it was specifically Mike Miller. He was just unhappy with the overall mindset of making a money-saving move.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Cavs' trading of Miller was motivated by luxury-tax savings. "

Thought Gilbert didn't care WHAT he had to pay?

Maybe Miller scores that 18 you predicted in this years playoffs (LOL) next year if he was around?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Cavs' trading of Miller was motivated by luxury-tax savings. "

Thought Gilbert didn't care WHAT he had to pay?

Maybe Miller scores that 18 you predicted in this years playoffs (LOL) next year if he was around?

How could anyone come up with that reason for the trade. I think its pretty obvious its about the trade exceptions.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Miami waiving Miller and the Cavs trading him...

The Heat did it to save money.
The Cavs are doing it so they can go get some quality role players.

IMO, LeBron wasn't unhappy with the Miller move because it was specifically Mike Miller. He was just unhappy with the overall mindset of making a money-saving move.

They can't combine the exceptions.
Let's see who, if anyone, they sign this year with his saved money.
The move might be to wait until next summer when the cap goes up and the penalty shrinks.

As far as money saving moves, come on, its smart if it isn't hurting the quality of you're roster.

So far, the examples of Arison being cheap are getting rid of Miller and Joel Anthony and now add Shabazz if you care to.

All PRUDENT moves.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could anyone come up with that reason for the trade. I think its pretty obvious its about the trade exceptions.

Ask whoever wrote the article...
As of TODAY, it is saving cash.
If they spend the cash this season, then its about upgrading the roster.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't combine the exceptions.
Let's see who, if anyone, they sign this year with his saved money.
The move might be to wait until next summer when the cap goes up and the penalty shrinks.

As far as money saving moves, come on, its smart if it isn't hurting the quality of you're roster.

So far, the examples of Arison being cheap are getting rid of Miller and Joel Anthony and now add Shabazz if you care to.

All PRUDENT moves.

Yeah, I agree with you. If the Cavs don't use the exceptions this year... then it will definitely have been a money-saving move... albeit, probably a smart one. We'll just have to see what happens.

I'm not saying that I think the Miller move by Miami wasn't a smart one... I can just see how a move like that from a CEO-type could irk an important employee who felt like they were investing everything they had to make the company succeed. Its just 2 different perspectives.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we traded Zoran to Celts?
I guess Chalmers is safe??

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with you. If the Cavs don't use the exceptions this year... then it will definitely have been a money-saving move... albeit, probably a smart one. We'll just have to see what happens.

I'm not saying that I think the Miller move by Miami wasn't a smart one... I can just see how a move like that from a CEO-type could irk an important employee who felt like they were investing everything they had to make the company succeed. Its just 2 different perspectives.

It's better to save when you can, so you can spend when you need, and that was the case with Miller here.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
outback jesus is back for 1 year, 1.2 mill.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can stop the jokes now Turnup. Miller is gone! :laugh3:

Nah, Buddy....

Wiggy is my Dude.

But, he brought this one on himself with the " one of the Reason Bron left was the Heat were cheap and got rid of his buddy Miller " rhetoric.

Let the jokes begin...lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Lebron also learned to be ruthless from Riley. Comical. Cavs now have 3 of the top 20 players in the league including the best and will likely be adding some higher priced players as well. Spending Gilbert's money. Will be fun to see if the pressure and/or injuries catch up to them. The Clippers, Spurs and Warriors are stacked and the East is a little better.

Don't forget the Rockets and Thunder.

The one thing the Cavs have going for them is playing in the East.

Spurs and the rest will have to beat the shit out of each other just to make it to the finals.

Cavs just have to get past the Bulls and Wiz Kids.