• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost saw it yesterday but saw Trainwreck instead.
Movie was just so/so....but LeBron (IMO) did very well.

Ha!!!

I saw that too.

He plays that straight-faced comedy well.

Bron doesn't subscribe to Wiggys thinking on spending.

He doesn't want to go out like Hammer...lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they will.

After what I saw from Atlanta, I'm back on the non-believer bus.

Toronto? They got better by signing Carroll. But, unless DeRozan learned how to shoot...no.

I give your Heat a punchers chance just based on pride.

I think they would give the Cavs one hell of a series.

But, it's the Cavs----------------------------------------> everyone else...on paper anyway.

Agree the Cavs look the best if James is James, but don't agree that the Bulls/Wizards look that much better, if at all, then the next few teams.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha!!!

I saw that too.

He plays that straight-faced comedy well.

Bron doesn't subscribe to Wiggys thinking on spending.

He doesn't want to go out like Hammer...lol

People (waiters, etc.)have said(reported) that he is a shitty tipper.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2013, when the Miami Heat used the amnesty provision to waive Miller, it greatly upset James. At the time, the move projected savings of about $17 million in luxury tax for the Heat. With Miller nearing retirement and with no clear role next season on the Cavs, a source close to James described trading Miller as being "the right thing to do" to give Miller options about where he wants to continue playing.

lol.

I mean could this be any more clear? lol

seriously- if you tell some people the sky is blue- they will tell you its pink and call you stupid for suggesting otherwise,

unreal....

o well- at this point ive come to expect it I suppose.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy's good 'cause LeBron 'approved' this one...:L

Again, I challenge anyone to find any post AT THE TIME that said James was upset when it happened.

Of course he's (James) is going to make shit up when he's leaving a team that just made 4 straight Finals. He's never going to admit that power was so important to him.

Yeah, no one was talking about James being upset about it at the time. But the concept of Arison showing his commitment level to LeBron was spoken of...

Thought this was an interesting article from Winderman written 2 days after Miller was amnesited.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no one was talking about James being upset about it at the time. But the concept of Arison showing his commitment level to LeBron was spoken of...

Thought this was an interesting article from Winderman written 2 days after Miller was amnesited.

Perhaps you can explain that to Wiggy. He doesn't seem to understand what the phrase "at the time" means.

Bottom line is, neither team was "being cheap" when they chose to unload Miller. They were being smart by getting rid of an older player who was no longer a part of their plans. Why pay him to sit on the end of the bench and take up a space that could be filled by a younger, less expensive player whom they can try to develop?

The only difference is that Gilbert probably asked for Lebron's permission and Arison didn't.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder what the record is for spending for a North American sport....

it probably has to be the Yanks in the mid 250s right?

Is it a foregone conclusion that the CAvs will have the highest payroll in NBA history this year?- or does it matter with JR?

Yah- the only teams with cap room didnt want to- and had no reason to pay Delly- that works out really nice. 1.1M this year- and then next year he will get a nice little contract when the cap goes up and its less burdensome...

Some nice work by the Cavs waiting out Delly, Thompson and Smith- they should get them for much closer to the prices they would like- then the prices they wanted.

Trade exception should be interesting too-- right now everyone thinks they are in it- come January/February- teams will get a reality check - and some team wanting to save money and maybe pick up a future pick could send the Cavs a player that could help. For a number of reasons the Haywood contract was not executed this summer- the #1 reason being the CAvs were 4 million over the tax "apron"- and could not engage in sign and trades- and when the acquired the haywood contract they never imagined their payroll would climb so high so fast- but with the additions of mozgov, shumpert, - thompson playing up, etc....and of course- getting Love to resign- all sent them too high to execute a sign and trade.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said earlier, big difference between shedding salary for common sense financial reasons vs having a less talented roster like OKC did with Harden.

No player that the Heat got rid of during James 4 seasons here even slightly diminished our chances of winning.

On the other hand though, they were talking to Windhorst ( severe James/Cavs homer) while I was driving home and he said the Cavs could have had Joe Johnson who he says "intrigued" James or possibly a couple of other roster upgrades for the Haywood contract but balked because of the tax hit.

He said that James lost his short term leverage by signing so soon, but as we all know, a year from now he regains any power he lost and if the Cavs fall short again I'm expecting to see a very, very, interesting next summer.

Windy also pointed out that although the Cavs do have the trade exemption from Haywood, that they have no assets left to trade.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you can explain that to Wiggy. He doesn't seem to understand what the phrase "at the time" means.

Bottom line is, neither team was "being cheap" when they chose to unload Miller. They were being smart by getting rid of an older player who was no longer a part of their plans. Why pay him to sit on the end of the bench and take up a space that could be filled by a younger, less expensive player whom they can try to develop?

The only difference is that Gilbert probably asked for Lebron's permission and Arison didn't.

It has been reported many times down here and on ESPN radio that Arison did discuss it with James and he was fine with it.

Like I've said before many times here, Mike and everyone who knew or was associated with him knew it was coming and nobody was upset or cared ( as long as the Cavs didn't claim him).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just got an amazing new computer and monitor....pretty pumped...old one was a dinosaur....finally got it setup ...so awesome... its so nice

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no...pc....im not a big imac fan at all.....plus for business and what not pc is better

but nice...3.2ghtz processor, 16mb ram, 1Terabyte hard drive...27 inch monitor thats really nice-- new keyboard and mouse...

MY old one was from my undergrad days....i do have a laptop i used in law= school but it was just basically for taking notes, taking tests, emails- that kinda stuff

I can watch some HBO GO on this new one now and its awesome!

my buddy who puts computer networks together for a living gave me a list of parts to order and he built it from scratch and got me a really nice machine for the $

the craziest thing? one of the things he ordered was "thermal paste"-- it literally looked like a small tube of super glue--- when you put in the processor, you just glob it onto the top of it- because it supposedly transfers heat away from the processor-

I thought that was pretty interesting- and literally- its funny, you just glob it on the little top of it thats plastic with the little logo on it... pretty crazy

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no...pc....im not a big imac fan at all.....plus for business and what not pc is better

but nice...3.2ghtz processor, 16mb ram, 1Terabyte hard drive...27 inch monitor thats really nice-- new keyboard and mouse...

MY old one was from my undergrad days....i do have a laptop i used in law= school but it was just basically for taking notes, taking tests, emails- that kinda stuff

I can watch some HBO GO on this new one now and its awesome!

my buddy who puts computer networks together for a living gave me a list of parts to order and he built it from scratch and got me a really nice machine for the $

the craziest thing? one of the things he ordered was "thermal paste"-- it literally looked like a small tube of super glue--- when you put in the processor, you just glob it onto the top of it- because it supposedly transfers heat away from the processor-

I thought that was pretty interesting- and literally- its funny, you just glob it on the little top of it thats plastic with the little logo on it... pretty crazy

Hopefully you restrain from throwing it at the wall next May/June when fail II round II occurs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully you restrain from throwing it at the wall next May/June when fail II round II occurs.
haha

200M payroll? 2nd year together?

it is no doubt a win at all costs year.

you can truly say its "Championship or Bust" this season for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

I think they win it too.

Love and LeBron play well off eachother- but Love needed to learn some things last year- surprsingly enough Kyrie was the one who acclimated quickly when everyone thought htat would be Love because of his high basketball IQ.

and as far as the trade exceptions- yah your right in that the cupboard is pretty bare after the moves to bring in Shumpert and Mozgov and Love--- but like last year- all it takes is a team that is out of contention that wants to get rid of a guys salary like a Jr or something like that- send em a 2nd round pick or whatever- or a 1st rounder a couple years from now- its not like you were getting an A level caliber player anyway....who knows...once the standings start to round out there will be a better idea of who may possibly be available.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Delly is back too- no one was going to give him more than 2 to at MAX 3 million in restricted free agency and the CAvs would have matched anything that was 3 or less....but this is perfect...this year for 1.1M- no long term commitment in case something happens- and it creates flexibility to take someone on for the trade exceptions....shit...Joe Harris and Delly could be on the block at some point and attached to the trade exception...

Its good to have Delly back though. He can play point or off the ball- he shot 40% from 3 last year- and he plays solid defense and brings a high intensity level. He is a nice back of the rotation guard...he can play next to any of the other guards too- KI, Mo, Jr (assuming hes back).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Delly is back too- no one was going to give him more than 2 to at MAX 3 million in restricted free agency and the CAvs would have matched anything that was 3 or less....but this is perfect...this year for 1.1M- no long term commitment in case something happens- and it creates flexibility to take someone on for the trade exceptions....shit...Joe Harris and Delly could be on the block at some point and attached to the trade exception...

Its good to have Delly back though. He can play point or off the ball- he shot 40% from 3 last year- and he plays solid defense and brings a high intensity level. He is a nice back of the rotation guard...he can play next to any of the other guards too- KI, Mo, Jr (assuming hes back).

If Delly plays any valuable minutes next season it likely means Kyrie is hurt.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think so- Delly is definitely the strongest defender out of Kyrie and Mo and himself- so there is some value in that.

Delly isnt goint to be playing 25 minutes a game or even 20 a game- but I see him playing at least 15 a game and not getting too many DNP's---- that is unless Smith is back AND they bring in someone else at some point or like Joe Harris starts playing out of his mind....

They do like Harris' developmental potential though as a shooting guard--- definitely not starter material- but EVENTUALLY - rotation material and hopefully improves enough to shoot a high % from 3...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he'll play a fair share simply because he plays hard, and he plays D.
While obviously the Cavs were good, unless something changes they are bringing back basically the same roster which doesn't include tons of youth, or D as you go down the bench.

And Wiggy, as far as the trade exemption, that wasn't my thought, it was Windys.
It's near impossible to look ahead to the trade deadline right now but he is correct that the Cavs have dealt all assets to get to this point, which is why IMO the Love trade last year will always come into question.

I'll ask again, if you don't win this year, what makes you think you're chances can ever improve?