• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll play a fair share simply because he plays hard, and he plays D.
While obviously the Cavs were good, unless something changes they are bringing back basically the same roster which doesn't include tons of youth, or D as you go down the bench.

And Wiggy, as far as the trade exemption, that wasn't my thought, it was Windys.
It's near impossible to look ahead to the trade deadline right now but he is correct that the Cavs have dealt all assets to get to this point, which is why IMO the Love trade last year will always come into question.

I'll ask again, if you don't win this year, what makes you think you're chances can ever improve?
thats the easiest question in the world to answer- most of the guys on the team are only going to continue to get better- combine that with the continuity that comes with playing together for years and not months- plus the fact that the only thing they need to do going forward is tweak the roster since the core is all signed up...next year undoubtedly should only be better than this year

Bron will be 31 in December and 32 the previous year- but he will still undoubtedly be the best player in the league-

and man...

Kyrie is 23 and got leaps and bounds better last year- his defense should continue to improve as well as his playmaking ability

Love is 26 - while he is at his physical height right now- experience should only continue to help make him better

Thompson is 24- every year he has improved- there isnt a harder worker on the team (outside of Bron), and he could start developing a better offensive game- at one point i thought there was no hope for Anderson Varejao- but he developed into a solid jump shooter and very efficient around the hoop- no reason why thompson cant- who is a MUCH better athlete.

Shumpert is 24 too- especially now that he is in a place where he knows his role and their is some stability we could see him continue to get better'

Not only that but freaking Blatt- he will be better then he was last year without a doubt. He definitely took a time to adjust- and while he did some nice things in the playoffs that he deserves some credit for- i could have taken or left him beind at the end of the season.

So- between those young guys continuing to improve and learn the mental parts of the came and honing their skills- and the advantage that you have from being together for years and not months- -- i mean look at hte spurs- those guys, for the most part- know what to do every play and where the other guy is going without even thinking for an instance- you saw so many times last year LeBron throwing the ball away to a guy who he thought was cutting that was really popping out for a shot - or vice versa, or the iso ball that it turned into at times because the movement wasnt great-- all those things should just continue to get better

it was a SCARY thing seeing the Cavs offense ina flow last year- those flows of absolutely trescendent play on the offensive side are going to come more often and more last longer now that guys are developing better and better chemistry with eachother.

Well- and you have to add in the fact that Dan Gilbert is willing to spend WHATEVER IT TAKES. When you have an owner that will go above and beyond like Gilbert has this year to tie up this young core of players and make sure they are playing together for the next 3-5 years is just crazy. Its unprecedented in league history. I guarantee you Gilbert sold LeBron on this image of playing together with Kyrie and possibly Love and that he would pay good money to add a core around those guys even if it meant shelling out dollars like the league has never seen before.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the enthusiasm Wiggy but:

1. James is you're gravy train. He's not getting better at this point of his career. Just hope the decline remains gradual.

2. Learn how the salary cap works. Regardless of how many times you say Gilbert will spend anything, he's already proved that isn't the case or you'd have Joe Johnson vs Richard Jefferson. And, even if you are willing to spend, the only way you go way over is for the most part Birds rights on your own players.
He's basically already in the middle of that process right now.
Not sure who or how you think he can/will be able to add much more.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the enthusiasm Wiggy but:

1. James is you're gravy train. He's not getting better at this point of his career. Just hope the decline remains gradual.

2. Learn how the salary cap works. Regardless of how many times you say Gilbert will spend anything, he's already proved that isn't the case or you'd have Joe Johnson vs Richard Jefferson. And, even if you are willing to spend, the only way you go way over is for the most part Birds rights on your own players.
He's basically already in the middle of that process right now.
Not sure who or how you think he can/will be able to add much more.
Joe Johnson?

are you really this full of shit? or are you just jealous that Gilbert will play to have role players like Mozgov, Varejao, Shumpert and Thompson- while Arison goes cheapo?

Obviously you dont read or pay attention to NBA free agency. The Nets were trying to cut costs- and were shopping Johnson because they knew no one would take Williams- when Williams agreed to the buyout- they IMMEDIATELY stopped shopping Johnson. Youd know that if you read an article or two once in a while.

and GMAFB. The guy is about to have the highest payroll in the history of the fucking league...lol....dude--- PERSPECTIVE MAN- your team just gave away last years first rounder they gave up 3 picks to go and get in the draft for nothing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Johnson?

are you really this full of shit? or are you just jealous that Gilbert will play to have role players like Mozgov, Varejao, Shumpert and Thompson- while Arison goes cheapo?

Obviously you dont read or pay attention to NBA free agency. The Nets were trying to cut costs- and were shopping Johnson because they knew no one would take Williams- when Williams agreed to the buyout- they IMMEDIATELY stopped shopping Johnson. Youd know that if you read an article or two once in a while.

and GMAFB. The guy is about to have the highest payroll in the history of the fucking league...lol....dude--- PERSPECTIVE MAN- your team just gave away last years first rounder they gave up 3 picks to go and get in the draft for nothing.

Yep, fans all over the league are def jealous of the Cavs franchise accomplishments. It really sucks being us.:L

Windy said the Cavs could have acquired Johnson BEFORE the Williams buy out but Gilbert balked at the cost.
If that isn't true, then take it up with him.
He's the ultimate James/Cavs lover, so why he would publicly put something out that negative if it isn't true makes no sense to me.

And, having the high salary is occurring in the only way it can occur.
Resigning your own for more.
Once your maxed out, you can't add NEW unless the cap increases to below where you are.

And yep, we gladly gave up on Napier.
I'll roll with Dragic and the other upgrades.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, fans all over the league are def jealous of the Cavs franchise accomplishments. It really sucks being us.:L

Windy said the Cavs could have acquired Johnson BEFORE the Williams buy out but Gilbert balked at the cost.
If that isn't true, then take it up with him.
He's the ultimate James/Cavs lover, so why he would publicly put something out that negative if it isn't true makes no sense to me.
lol

only you could criticize a guy that is going to field the team highest paid team in the history of the sport for not spending money! LOL

unreal.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but nice...3.2ghtz processor, 16mb ram, 1Terabyte hard drive...27 inch monitor thats really nice-- new keyboard and mouse...

Don't know what any of that means (except monitor, keyboard and mouse), but it sounds cool. Congrats.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

only you could criticize a guy that is going to field the team highest paid team in the history of the sport for not spending money! LOL

unreal.

He's fielding the same team, just at a much higher cost. If he has to pay someone a max or near max that is a RFA, too bad for him. He sold his soul and that's the price.

Regardless, he balked at greatly upgrading the roster because of COST. Period.

If they win, great. When they don't, watch out.

Only you would criticize a man who didn't want to waste 17M on a player who would have been number 10-12 on our roster.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fielding the same team, just at a much higher cost. If he has to pay someone a max or near max that is a RFA, too bad for him. He sold his soul and that's the price.

Regardless, he balked at greatly upgrading the roster because of COST. Period.

If they win, great. When they don't, watch out.

Only you would criticize a man who didn't want to waste 17M on a player who would have been number 10-12 on our roster.
your insane if you think there was ever a done deal for Johnson- ESPECIALLY after West signed in SAn Antonio- why would the Nets trade him before exploring the buyout with Williams? I mean, do you even think of this type of stuff?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Stein

✔@ESPNSteinLine

Don't forget that, with no lottery pick to play for in 2016, it behooves them competitively to keep Joe J if D-Will buyout solves tax issues

Marc Stein

✔@ESPNSteinLine

And now that Nets found their preferred route they don't need to shop Johnson, who was far more tradeable than D-Will. Also don't forget ...

One league source implied that few Nets will be happier about the team's decision to buy out Williams than Johnson. There was never any public friction between the two, but Johnson, along with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, were not big fans.

The Nets had had preliminary discussions with both Memphis and Cleveland, with theGrizzlies talks more significant. But league sources said the Nets were never that aggressive in marketing Johnson, who they hoped could bring veteran leadership to a team that has nine players under 25 on the roster.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your insane if you think there was ever a done deal for Johnson- ESPECIALLY after West signed in SAn Antonio- why would the Nets trade him before exploring the buyout with Williams? I mean, do you even think of this type of stuff?

Marc Stein

✔@ESPNSteinLine

Don't forget that, with no lottery pick to play for in 2016, it behooves them competitively to keep Joe J if D-Will buyout solves tax issues

Marc Stein

✔@ESPNSteinLine

And now that Nets found their preferred route they don't need to shop Johnson, who was far more tradeable than D-Will. Also don't forget ...

One league source implied that few Nets will be happier about the team's decision to buy out Williams than Johnson. There was never any public friction between the two, but Johnson, along with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, were not big fans.

The Nets had had preliminary discussions with both Memphis and Cleveland, with theGrizzlies talks more significant. But league sources said the Nets were never that aggressive in marketing Johnson, who they hoped could bring veteran leadership to a team that has nine players under 25 on the roster.

I'm just repeating what ESPN/Cavs insider was saying on ESPN radio when I was driving home.
Are you saying someone from the press is just making shit up?

I'm personally not saying if it is true or not because unlike the Miller situation, I wasn't there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just repeating what ESPN/Cavs insider was saying on ESPN radio when I was driving home.
Are you saying someone from the press is just making shit up?

I'm personally not saying if it is true or not because unlike the Miller situation, I wasn't there.
REALLY?

really?

lol

on the radio on the way home they said?

find an article - it doesnt exist too bad....i mean...do you just get off making shit up like this or do you actually believe it?

just to get this straight- since this is something I have never heard- and was not ever posted on the boards either- which would be a huge oddity

but your saying the Cavs declined an offer for Joe Johnson? And you know what the offer was?

your gonna need longer arms reaching like that, lol. on the radio they said. lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REALLY?

really?

lol

on the radio on the way home they said?

find an article - it doesnt exist too bad....i mean...do you just get off making shit up like this or do you actually believe it?

just to get this straight- since this is something I have never heard- and was not ever posted on the boards either- which would be a huge oddity

but your saying the Cavs declined an offer for Joe Johnson? And you know what the offer was?

your gonna need longer arms reaching like that, lol. on the radio they said. lol

You think I'm making up that Windhorst said that TODAY, live on ESPN radio around 530 pm?
I promise you he did.
How about a 60 day ban from this site to whoever is wrong if you are saying it did not happen?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think I'm making up that Windhorst said that TODAY, live on ESPN radio around 530 pm?
I promise you he did.
How about a 60 day ban from this site to whoever is wrong if you are saying it did not happen?
are you fuckign serrious?

i just give you an article saying the EXACT thing I am saying- and you just try and make shit up off the radio and your talking about a 60 day ban? get fucking real you nut job.

AT least have the decency to say you cant find shit on the internet while it took me a whole 30 seconds to find an article that made you look like an idiot.

good God man....grow up- admit when your wrong. IT happens.

i mean could that be any MORE CLEAR? LOL......and the fact that it was never even on the board- dont you think that would have gotten attention? Man, give it up- sometimes you just gotta move on. Thats a hard lesson for you though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crickets now Wiggy?
Let's go 60 days, big talker.
All mouth, with a lot of wasted words, is all you are or have ever been.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers interested in Joe Johnson of Brooklyn Nets

this is the only Windhorst- NETS/CAVS article out there- and for you to somehow interpret that a proposal from either team happened- let alone a possible deal is assinine. In the same sentence it takes about how the Cavs were looking at hte Crawford deal.

You got this one wrong man. Sorry. Grow up, own it, move on.

or carry on like a psycho even though the black and white evidence right in front of you makes you look crazy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you fuckign serrious?

i just give you an article saying the EXACT thing I am saying- and you just try and make shit up off the radio and your talking about a 60 day ban? get fucking real you nut job.

AT least have the decency to say you cant find shit on the internet while it took me a whole 30 seconds to find an article that made you look like an idiot.

good God man....grow up- admit when your wrong. IT happens.

i mean could that be any MORE CLEAR? LOL......and the fact that it was never even on the board- dont you think that would have gotten attention? Man, give it up- sometimes you just gotta move on. Thats a hard lesson for you though.

I don't give a flying fuck about your google search.
I'm telling you what Cavs insider/ESPN basketball inside said TODAY.
Whether it's true or not, I can't tell you, but I promise you he said it, and like I asked earlier, why say it unless he knows it to be true?
He gains what by lying?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a flying fuck about your google search.
I'm telling you what Cavs insider/ESPN basketball inside said TODAY.
Whether it's true or not, I can't tell you, but I promise you he said it, and like I asked earlier, why say it unless he knows it to be true?
He gains what by lying?
its just funny how I have ample proof and you have NONE and cant produce any. lol.

sorry man...your making yourself look like a fool.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers interested in Joe Johnson of Brooklyn Nets

this is the only Windhorst- NETS/CAVS article out there- and for you to somehow interpret that a proposal from either team happened- let alone a possible deal is assinine. In the same sentence it takes about how the Cavs were looking at hte Crawford deal.

You got this one wrong man. Sorry. Grow up, own it, move on.

or carry on like a psycho even though the black and white evidence right in front of you makes you look crazy.

If you are sure I have it wrong, make the bet.
If not, STFU because you just come across as a pussy.
I know what I heard, I know when I heard it, and I know who said it.
ill find the podcast or transcript if you grow the balls to match the size of your mouth.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just funny how I have ample proof and you have NONE and cant produce any. lol.

sorry man...your making yourself look like a fool.

Then make the bet.
We'll see who the fool is.
I already know.