• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Wiggy for 60 days. Here's to a peaceful offseason on the forum. :suds:

Everytime he calls Arison a cheap ass, we can always bring up Joe Johnson now. That will be sure to rustle his jimmies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I have gotten into it on a few occasions, one thing I can say is, I have never seen you offer a ban bet on a disagreement/argument when you weren't positive that you had an excellent chance of winning.

If it's a fun bet based on chance, like picking one team over another, of course there is risk.

If I make a bet stating I know/heard, and/or can prove, (like was the case yesterday) I HOPE people like him accept it because there is no risk on my end.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Wiggy for 60 days. Here's to a peaceful offseason on the forum. :suds:

Everytime he calls Arison a cheap ass, we can always bring up Joe Johnson now. That will be sure to rustle his jimmies.

Cheap Arison has players lining up to play for him at discounted rates. He has never, that I can remember, let the quality of our roster diminish because of money.

Free spending Gilbert will prob be fielding the highest taxed roster of all time which according to Wiggy makes him fantastic.
Problem with his logic is that James is forcing him to overpay the same players that weren't good enough last year and they have added exactly nobody to improve them.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheap Arison has players lining up to play for him at discounted rates. He has never, that I can remember, let the quality of our roster diminish because of money.

Free spending Gilbert will prob be fielding the highest taxed roster of all time which according to Wiggy makes him fantastic.
Problem with his logic is that James is forcing him to overpay the same players that weren't good enough last year and they have added exactly nobody to improve them.

Exactly.

He's overpaying for a lot of a players. Hell, they haven't even resigned Tristan Thompson either. They've basically swapped out Richard Jefferson for Mike Miller, who will probably be in the same role as Miller was - bench cheerleader. Meanwhile, the Warriors core is entering their prime together, the Spurs just added David West and Lamarcus Aldridge, and the Clippers added some pieces as well. That's what you call improvement.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the easiest question in the world to answer- most of the guys on the team are only going to continue to get better- combine that with the continuity that comes with playing together for years and not months- plus the fact that the only thing they need to do going forward is tweak the roster since the core is all signed up...next year undoubtedly should only be better than this year

Bron will be 31 in December and 32 the previous year- but he will still undoubtedly be the best player in the league-

and man...

Kyrie is 23 and got leaps and bounds better last year- his defense should continue to improve as well as his playmaking ability

Love is 26 - while he is at his physical height right now- experience should only continue to help make him better

Thompson is 24- every year he has improved- there isnt a harder worker on the team (outside of Bron), and he could start developing a better offensive game- at one point i thought there was no hope for Anderson Varejao- but he developed into a solid jump shooter and very efficient around the hoop- no reason why thompson cant- who is a MUCH better athlete.

Shumpert is 24 too- especially now that he is in a place where he knows his role and their is some stability we could see him continue to get better'

Not only that but freaking Blatt- he will be better then he was last year without a doubt. He definitely took a time to adjust- and while he did some nice things in the playoffs that he deserves some credit for- i could have taken or left him beind at the end of the season.

So- between those young guys continuing to improve and learn the mental parts of the came and honing their skills- and the advantage that you have from being together for years and not months- -- i mean look at hte spurs- those guys, for the most part- know what to do every play and where the other guy is going without even thinking for an instance- you saw so many times last year LeBron throwing the ball away to a guy who he thought was cutting that was really popping out for a shot - or vice versa, or the iso ball that it turned into at times because the movement wasnt great-- all those things should just continue to get better

it was a SCARY thing seeing the Cavs offense ina flow last year- those flows of absolutely trescendent play on the offensive side are going to come more often and more last longer now that guys are developing better and better chemistry with eachother.

Well- and you have to add in the fact that Dan Gilbert is willing to spend WHATEVER IT TAKES. When you have an owner that will go above and beyond like Gilbert has this year to tie up this young core of players and make sure they are playing together for the next 3-5 years is just crazy. Its unprecedented in league history. I guarantee you Gilbert sold LeBron on this image of playing together with Kyrie and possibly Love and that he would pay good money to add a core around those guys even if it meant shelling out dollars like the league has never seen before.

Agree for the most part.

But, I think a healthy Durant and upcoming Davis will be in consideration for bet player next year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

He's overpaying for a lot of a players. Hell, they haven't even resigned Tristan Thompson either. They've basically swapped out Richard Jefferson for Mike Miller, who will probably be in the same role as Miller was - bench cheerleader. Meanwhile, the Warriors core is entering their prime together, the Spurs just added David West and Lamarcus Aldridge, and the Clippers added some pieces as well. That's what you call improvement.

He's really not overpaying any of his Big 3 or prob Mozgov < (UFA next year).
Health remains their biggest obstacle.

After that though, it gets very questionable.
The Andy extension was stupid (but friend of James).
The Thompson max/near max will be stupid (but friend of James).
Shump @ 10M?

If it was baseball and you could still add, then whatever...make Gilbert spend out the ass, but when you can't add and others can is when you have the problems.

It really won't be a problem for James, cause he can evaluate every summer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done reading that interaction between Wiggy and Turnup. One thing that I still can't grasp, why boast about your team having the highest paid roster ever? Who the fuck cares? If your team loses, you set yourself up as a monumental disappointment. Meanwhile, look at Golden St. as some thought they were still a couple years away from being a legit contender. They overachieved, and last I check, they're not paying millions and millions into the luxury tax.

Point being, dumbasses boast about the dumbest shit.

* see the Russian with the Brooklyn Nets

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree for the most part.

But, I think a healthy Durant and upcoming Davis will be in consideration for bet player next year.

Agree with this as well. Lebron's still the best player in the league. But he's no longer a clear cut favorite. Durant (if healthy) is now entering his prime. And Anthony Davis......at 23/24, he's already playing at a scary level.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier, big difference between shedding salary for common sense financial reasons vs having a less talented roster like OKC did with Harden.

No player that the Heat got rid of during James 4 seasons here even slightly diminished our chances of winning.

On the other hand though, they were talking to Windhorst ( severe James/Cavs homer) while I was driving home and he said the Cavs could have had Joe Johnson who he says "intrigued" James or possibly a couple of other roster upgrades for the Haywood contract but balked because of the tax hit.

He said that James lost his short term leverage by signing so soon, but as we all know, a year from now he regains any power he lost and if the Cavs fall short again I'm expecting to see a very, very, interesting next summer.

Windy also pointed out that although the Cavs do have the trade exemption from Haywood, that they have no assets left to trade.

Yeah I heard that interview. I'm done believing anything Windhorst says. He spoke with LeBatard yesterday and he spoke with a Cleveland radio show, ESPN 850 the very same day.

Same questions.

Incredibly different answers.

On the Cavs show:
  • They wanted Mike Miller to get playing time, they were doing him a favor, and wanted the exception.
  • The Cavs are smart being patient with their trade pieces, they can wait till deadline
  • Cavs offseason was good, didn't really need to improve, have flexibility for during the season
On the Miami show:
  • The Mike Miller move was all about taxes
  • They over-valued Haywood as a trade chip... punted on potential trades for tax reasons
  • Cavs offseason sucked, they wanted to get younger, then added Mo and RJ

I (sort of) understand pandering to your crowd (to an extent).... but those interviews went above and beyond pandering... outright contradicting himself.

If you want to be a respected journalist... just stick to what you believe without caring what other people might think of it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read this, the funnier it gets, ESPECIALLY since he claims he's close to being an attorney who would have to have the ability to know how to research.
Trojan found one of many podcasts from yesterday where Windy was making the same claims in around 3 minutes.

maybe that should be the guy's nickname around here because of what a blowhard he is...:lol:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pretty much wraps it up here. foolish imo to think you come in with virtually the same guys and expect different results...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I heard that interview. I'm done believing anything Windhorst says. He spoke with LeBatard yesterday and he spoke with a Cleveland radio show, ESPN 850 the very same day.

Same questions.

Incredibly different answers.

On the Cavs show:
  • They wanted Mike Miller to get playing time, they were doing him a favor, and wanted the exception.
  • The Cavs are smart being patient with their trade pieces, they can wait till deadline
  • Cavs offseason was good, didn't really need to improve, have flexibility for during the season
On the Miami show:
  • The Mike Miller move was all about taxes
  • They over-valued Haywood as a trade chip... punted on potential trades for tax reasons
  • Cavs offseason sucked, they wanted to get younger, then added Mo and RJ

I (sort of) understand pandering to your crowd (to an extent).... but those interviews went above and beyond pandering... outright contradicting himself.

If you want to be a respected journalist... just stick to what you believe without caring what other people might think of it.

I don't disagree with you at all, and I'm often the one here saying take what you hear from' those guys' with a grain of salt because they will run WITH ANYTHING.

Point is, Wiggy said it didn't happen/exist and took it to the point of multiple insults, when I knew that it had.
I HEARD IT.
I never said any of it was true, because only the people involved in the negotiation REALLY know.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if its from ESPN it is probably posted so
He didn't accept the bet technically, but basically once again went out of his way to offer his opinion vs fact while spewing insults.
60 days should do him good just on principle of always being a dick and making shit up.
WTF are you talking about "didnt accept technically?" LOL

ALL I EVER WANTED YOU TO DO IS TO GIVE SOME PROOF FOR WHAT YOUR WERE BLABBING ABOUT- --- and WHILE I- PROVIDED AMPLE PROOF- WINDHORSTS OWN ARTICLE- AS WELL AS OTHER ARTICLES- all you did was get your panties in a bunch saying "I heard on the radio- I HEARD ON THE RADIO"- All I wanted was some ACTUAL PROOF of what you said.

I heard on the radio today that Pat Riley is retiring next summer! I SWEAR !!!! lol....see how EASY it is just to make something up when you say "I HEARD IT ON THE RADIO" - ESPECIALLY.... ESPECIALLY--- when you cannot corroborate it with ANYTHING on the internet- AND it wasnt discussed on a board that LOVES TO DISCUSS AND criticize Gilbert and the Cavs.

ughhhh...unbelievable....Between my 7 years of higher education that has to freaking be more than half of this board COMBINED! reading is not that difficult.

Again...just cannot wait until this team Gilbert has spent the most on in the history of the league wrecks the Heat (if the heat dont shit their pants again)- and finally finishes the job as they are favored to do!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

except for giving away a first round pick to get rid of Joel Anthonys terrible contract

not using the mid level exception

and amnestying Mike Miller- who went on to have a GREAT year in Memphis....

other than those things- RIGHT BEFORE BRON WAS ABOUT TO BECOME A FREE AGENT-

sounds just great!

honestly- i dont care if Mike Miller getting amnestied was going to cost an additional 25 million- checking with Bron- as I AM SURE GILBERT did, is just the prudent thing to do

I mean- unless you want to upset the only reason your franchise was even in the playoffs and see him jump town....then...do as you please!