• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your delusional

like i said- the Heat are not a very good defensive team- ESPECIALLY on the perimeter- and only have one big who can even feint to protect the rim-and he cant cover real centers in the post

the Heat are a slow team- that is awful on the break -- and struggles to get easy poins

and the Heat are an awful 3 pt shooting team

when you play mediocre defense, cant shoot the 3, and struggle to get any easy points- you dont win series'. ESPECIALLY against teams like the Cavs.

IN a league that has turned to putting a premium on 3pt shooting, and spacing, and running- the Heat are antiquated and living in the nineties with the roster they have.

ABSOLUTELY ZERO threat to the Cavs.

The Hawks are better equipped to beat the Cavs- and that would never happen-

Chicago - this season anyway- is the only team in the East that even have a shot to give the Cavs a matchup- at least until the Wizards make a big move in FA next year- which i think they will - even if its not Durant---- and the Bucks in a year or two once they develop.

The Heat are just a poorly conceived team full of individuals that really have no style of play or cont unity other than being an old, slow drag it offense that shoots like shit from the outside....that doesnt work in todays league.

You might be right, you might be wrong. We'll find out during the season.

What we do know FOR SURE, TODAY, RIGHT NOW, is that you made a complete ass out of yourself once AGAIN last night.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what would u want to change?

they have their Big 3 in LeBron, Love and Kyrie- and Love and Kyrie are signed to very team friendly contracts (especially compared to what is coming down the pipe for guys that are LESS talented)

they have a very solid contingent of support player signed up or have their Bird Rights in Thompson, Shumpert, Mozgov, Varejao, probably Smith, Delly, Mo Williams now,

what exactly would you change? that is a freaking LOADED ROSTER- and should just continue to improve internally due to guys just getting better!

I seriously have no clue why people fail to understand that the Cavs getting their core signed up long term is a GOOD THING- and that they have helped themselves out- instead of waiting and foraging into free agency next year when prices are going to be RIDICULOUS due to SIMPLE supply and demand.

A big 3 isn't necessarily enough anymore. You have to be able to add those guys who aren't going to lead your team to any titles, but whom you can't win titles without. Iggy with GSW is a good example.

The problem the Lakers had after the 2010 title was they had so much money tied up in their top 2 or 3 players, that they couldn't improve the rest of the lineup. So, when guys like Metta and D-Fish were getting old and/or moving on, they couldn't really add anyone. That's why they had to make the Dwight and Nash trades to attempt to keep up/stay ahead of a league that was improving while they stood pat and got older.

That's the problem the Cavs will have going forward and why, if they are going to win a title, they had better do it this year or next. They do have the advantage of Kyrie and Love being younger than what the Lakers had, but they still won't be able to add anyone until Lebron leaves or retires.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right, you might be wrong. We'll find out during the season.

What we do know FOR SURE, TODAY, RIGHT NOW, is that you made a complete ass out of yourself once AGAIN last night.
because i asked you to actually find some evidence of what your saying and you refused to do so?

again...you are seriously delusional. -all though I have no doubt you have a very good understanding of what it takes to make an ass out of yourself, LOL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously- Dwight Howard is going to get at least 25 million next year. So could Horford. Conley will DEFINITELY get more money than Kyrie did....and just signing up those guys still leaves 20 teams scrambling after the remainder!

its going to be insane to see the prices next year guys sign for. You think Shumpert for 10M is bad?

JUST WAIT till next offseason.....Kanter getting 17M a year and RObin Lopez getting 14M a year will look like chump change

It doesn't matter what other teams are going to be paying those players. The problem for the Cavs is that they won't be able to get any of them. They already are going to have something like 6 or 7 players making $10 million a year or more.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big 3 isn't necessarily enough anymore. You have to be able to add those guys who aren't going to lead your team to any titles, but whom you can't win titles without. Iggy with GSW is a good example.

The problem the Lakers had after the 2010 title was they had so much money tied up in their top 2 or 3 players, that they couldn't improve the rest of the lineup. So, when guys like Metta and D-Fish were getting old and/or moving on, they couldn't really add anyone. That's why they had to make the Dwight and Nash trades to attempt to keep up/stay ahead of a league that was improving while they stood pat and got older.

That's the problem the Cavs will have going forward and why, if they are going to win a title, they had better do it this year or next. They do have the advantage of Kyrie and Love being younger than what the Lakers had, but they still won't be able to add anyone until Lebron leaves or retires.

you gotta realize- look at those Lakers and Heat teams that won- who were the Lakers Big 3 for the 2 with Kobe as the #1? Kobe, Gasol, Artest? Odom?

compare the 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 on those Lakers or Heat teams- with the Cavs, 4, 5 , 6, 7, 8, 9 of Thompson, Shumpert, Mozgov, Mo Williams, Varejao, etc.

Even the Warriors- imagine if you told the Warriors- in the Finals - you need to sit your 2nd, 3rd and 8th best players- while the opposition gets their full team..its a MASSACRE then.

The truth of the matter is that the Cavs overacheived greatly considering their injury situations. If in January you would have told me, or anyone else in the world that Love would not play against the Bulls, that Varejao would not play against hte Bulls- and that Kyrie would be hobbled for all but the first game (which was a loss)- I would have said- YUP- Bulls win- EASILY....

No team could have weathered the storm the Cavs ran into better than they did. It was only because of that depth- AND BRON- that they were able to get as far as they did.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what other teams are going to be paying those players. The problem for the Cavs is that they won't be able to get any of them. They already are going to have something like 6 or 7 players making $10 million a year or more.
they cant get them anyway- even if they had 10 Million to spend under the cap if some other team is going to offer the guy 20M!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really gotta finish this...ill ttyl- ill prob be here for at least another hour and gotta finish some stuff- i took no lunch today so its coolto mess around for a bit- but ill catchya later.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because i asked you to actually find some evidence of what your saying and you refused to do so?

again...you are seriously delusional. -all though I have no doubt you have a very good understanding of what it takes to make an ass out of yourself, LOL

God are you dumb.
Like I didn't know where the proof was?
You were so sure of yourself, posting nonsense after nonsense.
I wanted the bet.
Despite your defiance, you still were too much of a pussy to believe in yourself.

Then, Trojan posted ONE of the podcasts.

Like he told you, take your own advice, listen to what was said which is exactly what I said, then man up and apologize.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you gotta realize- look at those Lakers and Heat teams that won- who were the Lakers Big 3 for the 2 with Kobe as the #1? Kobe, Gasol, Artest? Odom?

compare the 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 on those Lakers or Heat teams- with the Cavs, 4, 5 , 6, 7, 8, 9 of Thompson, Shumpert, Mozgov, Mo Williams, Varejao, etc.

Even the Warriors- imagine if you told the Warriors- in the Finals - you need to sit your 2nd, 3rd and 8th best players- while the opposition gets their full team..its a MASSACRE then.

The truth of the matter is that the Cavs overacheived greatly considering their injury situations. If in January you would have told me, or anyone else in the world that Love would not play against the Bulls, that Varejao would not play against hte Bulls- and that Kyrie would be hobbled for all but the first game (which was a loss)- I would have said- YUP- Bulls win- EASILY....

No team could have weathered the storm the Cavs ran into better than they did. It was only because of that depth- AND BRON- that they were able to get as far as they did.

None of this has anything to do with my post. The bottom line is, if the Cavs can't get it done this year or next, they probably aren't going to. Other teams around them will continue to improve while they can't.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they cant get them anyway- even if they had 10 Million to spend under the cap if some other team is going to offer the guy 20M!

That's the point. The Cavs have gone all in, with this roster, to try and win now. I'm not saying that's wrong. It's not. It's exactly what they SHOULD be doing. Lebron isn't getting any younger and the window tends to close quickly. The Lakers came off of back to back titles and haven't been past the 2nd round of the playoffs since.

The Cavs are in a position that they probably have this year and maybe next year to try to win a title. After that, the window will likely close until Lebron moves on or retires and they can try to get some FA's to join Kyrie and Love (assuming they don't leave). They won't have the cap space or trade assets to improve the team to keep up with the improvement of the other teams.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is only going to get better. Can you imagine them with KD? EC favorites.....easily.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point. The Cavs have gone all in, with this roster, to try and win now. I'm not saying that's wrong. It's not. It's exactly what they SHOULD be doing. Lebron isn't getting any younger and the window tends to close quickly. The Lakers came off of back to back titles and haven't been past the 2nd round of the playoffs since.

The Cavs are in a position that they probably have this year and maybe next year to try to win a title. After that, the window will likely close until Lebron moves on or retires and they can try to get some FA's to join Kyrie and Love (assuming they don't leave). They won't have the cap space or trade assets to improve the team to keep up with the improvement of the other teams.

He simply can't grasp this concept.
Not only will the skill of James continue to diminish, I would have to believe his level of commitment also will.
His outside interests will outweigh financially and in importance what he can make/accomplish on the court.
Obviously this movie thing has him intrigued.
I would guess that if he ever leaves the Cavs he'll be looking at the Lakers or Clippers if at that time they pose a serious threat to contend.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your delusional

like i said- the Heat are not a very good defensive team- ESPECIALLY on the perimeter- and only have one big who can even feint to protect the rim-and he cant cover real centers in the post

the Heat are a slow team- that is awful on the break -- and struggles to get easy poins

and the Heat are an awful 3 pt shooting team

when you play mediocre defense, cant shoot the 3, and struggle to get any easy points- you dont win series'. ESPECIALLY against teams like the Cavs.

IN a league that has turned to putting a premium on 3pt shooting, and spacing, and running- the Heat are antiquated and living in the nineties with the roster they have.

ABSOLUTELY ZERO threat to the Cavs.

The Hawks are better equipped to beat the Cavs- and that would never happen-

Chicago - this season anyway- is the only team in the East that even have a shot to give the Cavs a matchup- at least until the Wizards make a big move in FA next year- which i think they will - even if its not Durant---- and the Bucks in a year or two once they develop.

The Heat are just a poorly conceived team full of individuals that really have no style of play or cont unity other than being an old, slow drag it offense that shoots like shit from the outside....that doesnt work in todays league.

i'll say it short and sweet. I don't know who you're trying to convince that the Heat are no threat to the Cavs in a 7 game series. the Heat fans, or yourself...

ESPECIALLY since you keep invoking last season. the truth is you have no clue what a HEALTHY Heat team can do. NONE. but keep invoking and rub that rabbit's foot a bit harder. maybe the jinx you're attempting might catch on somewhere...