• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like I said- why be scared of the Heat?

Your Heat are a very poor 3 pt shooting team

Your Heat play a very slow brand of basketball where you dont get many easy points, Your Heat dont spread the floor particularly well, Your Heat have only one guy who can guard the rim and he still is clueless when it comes to defending a center with any skills. The Heats perimeter defense is well below average- and while I think Winslow will one day develop into a nice player- he will get eaten up as a rook.

The Heat do have some good things going for them in their individual talent- Wade- when he isnt hurt (and hey- he was "healthy" last year- meaning he only missed 20 games) can still be great when he is well rested, Bosh is still a very good player- Dragic is the best PG the Heat have had in a long long time, Whiteside is a great rebounder- something the HEat BADLY BADLY needed.

The Heat are mostly a team that is built to win in the late 90's like Rileys old knicks teams- a bunch of vets playing at a glacial pace just trying to muck things up- cant really shoot- --- that just doesnt fly in todays game.

You gotta be able to spread the floor and shoot the 3

You gotta be able to get out and run and get some easy baskets and not have to fight for everything in the half court

You gotta be able to defend on the perimeter --- ESPECIALLY- when you play the Cavs who have 2 of the best 6-7 perimeter scorers in the entire league.

You gotta be able to at least hold your own on the boards- and against the Cavs? thats just a massacre. The Cavs are bringing Thompson and Varejao OFF THE BENCH...good luck ever getting an offensive rebound- and the Cavs will steal plenty of them.

to conclude- when you are the Cavs and can shoot the 3 at a great rate, can get out and run if they want, and can get extra possessions on the boards- its REALLY REALLY HARD to beat a team like that- when you are a stagnant half court offense that shoots the 3 poorly and rarely get easy buckets and is poor on the boards.

Not to mention the obvious- that the Cavs would have the 3 best players in the series.

LOL Bosh hasn't even played with Dragic for one minute. Plus, Spoelstra is revamping the offense. We'll see what happens in a couple of months. The Heat roster is not the same, especially with McRoberts back along with Gerald Green, Stat, Winslow, and other new players added into the mix. It's hard to say what the Heat will look like on offense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Bosh hasn't even played with Dragic for one minute. Plus, Spoelstra is revamping the offense. We'll see what happens in a couple of months. The Heat roster is not the same, especially with McRoberts back along with Gerald Green, Stat, Winslow, and other new players added into the mix. It's hard to say what the Heat will look like on offense.

Until they start playing, we won't know, but every quote that has come from any player, coach , or Riley has said that they intend to play at a much faster.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that avatar.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you joking right now? Losing the 2nd best player in the ENTIRE NBA and still winning 45 games-

They had Durant for 27 games and won 45 games

You had Bosh for OVER half the season- and won 37 games. In the East.

and cmon man- you had Wade's "healthy" season... "possibly the most dominant center in the NBA", and Goran Dragic- all healthy down the stretch and you couldnt hold off the Celtics or the Nets and even had the PACERS pass you up.

So yah...missing Bosh for less than half a season turned the Heat into a 37 win team. RIGHT. Do you know how fucking ridiculous that sounds?

You are so mindless.
Bosh is a very good player, but he's a piece of a puzzle.
He can't dominate games like Westbrook and some others can.
And, we know a healthy Thunder team is better then ours, we also know they are better then yours.

As far as Wade, how sure are you that he misses more than 20 games this season?
I say he doesn't.
What's the bet?

Bottom line is that the Heat is probably the hardest team in the league to try to evaluate because they are SO MUCH different from last year.
If things pan out like you are stating, then we will struggle, but if our projected starting 5 ( which many unbiased people have said is as good as any) cause the mismatches all over the court that we envision then nobody will have an easy time with us in a best of 7.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REALLY?

really?

lol

on the radio on the way home they said?

find an article - it doesnt exist too bad....i mean...do you just get off making shit up like this or do you actually believe it?

just to get this straight- since this is something I have never heard- and was not ever posted on the boards either- which would be a huge oddity

but your saying the Cavs declined an offer for Joe Johnson? And you know what the offer was?

your gonna need longer arms reaching like that, lol. on the radio they said. lol

How come no more comments on the subjec of Gilbert balking at adding Johnson because of cost?
Seems to pretty much contradict all the garbage you have spewed here, forever.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, as of today...on paper

PG Dragic, Chalmers
SG Wade, Green, Johnson, Richardson
SF Deng, Winslow, Ennis
PF Bosh, McRoberts, UD
C Whiteside, Amare, Bird

vs

PG Kyrie, Mo, Delly
SG Shump, Harrris, assume J.R.
SF LeBron, Jones
PF Love, and assume Tristan
C Mozgov, Varejao

Obviously LeBron is the X factor which elevates any of prob 6-7 teams to favorites in the EC, but other then that, I can easily make a case for preferring the Heat roster.
I know Wiggy thinks Kyrie/Love is the end all combo (even though they entered last year with 0 playoff games between them) but I have no problem going to battle with Dragic/Bosh over them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so mindless.
Bosh is a very good player, but he's a piece of a puzzle.
He can't dominate games like Westbrook and some others can.
And, we know a healthy Thunder team is better then ours, we also know they are better then yours.

As far as Wade, how sure are you that he misses more than 20 games this season?
I say he doesn't.
What's the bet?

Bottom line is that the Heat is probably the hardest team in the league to try to evaluate because they are SO MUCH different from last year.
If things pan out like you are stating, then we will struggle, but if our projected starting 5 ( which many unbiased people have said is as good as any) cause the mismatches all over the court that we envision then nobody will have an easy time with us in a best of 7.
I am certainly not denying that you have a talented starting 5- and if the team actually stays healthy- and Whiteside doesnt crack- you COULD win 50 games and get home court in the first round- I think thats about the ceiling.

I just dont like the Heat over the course of a series. Like I said- I watched the Cavs go to the Finals without Love and with a hobbled Kyrie because of LeBron, great 3 pt shooting, and great rebounding- especially on the offensive end. Those things which are the Cavs STRENGTHS- are precisely the Heat's weaknesses. The Heat just dont go on those crazy runs where you hit a bunch of 3's- get an offensive board , get out and go on runs.

Its a knock-down drag it out offense that has been designed that way because the team really cant shoot the 3, is pretty poor rebounding the ball and doesnt guard particularly well.

And like Isaid- here and there- Wade can still be damn good- especially when he is rested and motivated. But over the course of a series- the Cavs have the younger legs- that is for sure.

If the Heat add a couple guys that can play some perimeter D and shoot the 3- like Golden State did- and McBob is a big time contributor on the boards- then maybe things will be different.

I just see a Heat team that has a lot of individual talent- but plays a style of ball that really is not congruent with the best teams in the league . ITs no coincedence the last 4 teams left were all among the very best at shooting the 3 and spacing the floor and getting easy buckets here or there in the entire league.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am certainly not denying that you have a talented starting 5- and if the team actually stays healthy- and Whiteside doesnt crack- you COULD win 50 games and get home court in the first round- I think thats about the ceiling.

I just dont like the Heat over the course of a series. Like I said- I watched the Cavs go to the Finals without Love and with a hobbled Kyrie because of LeBron, great 3 pt shooting, and great rebounding- especially on the offensive end. Those things which are the Cavs STRENGTHS- are precisely the Heat's weaknesses. The Heat just dont go on those crazy runs where you hit a bunch of 3's- get an offensive board , get out and go on runs.

Its a knock-down drag it out offense that has been designed that way because the team really cant shoot the 3, is pretty poor rebounding the ball and doesnt guard particularly well.

And like Isaid- here and there- Wade can still be damn good- especially when he is rested and motivated. But over the course of a series- the Cavs have the younger legs- that is for sure.

If the Heat add a couple guys that can play some perimeter D and shoot the 3- like Golden State did- and McBob is a big time contributor on the boards- then maybe things will be different.

I just see a Heat team that has a lot of individual talent- but plays a style of ball that really is not congruent with the best teams in the league . ITs no coincedence the last 4 teams left were all among the very best at shooting the 3 and spacing the floor and getting easy buckets here or there in the entire league.

As of today, that is a very fair evaluation.
Bottom line though is that it's a long season with lots of twists and turns.
Time will tell.

And, nobody is predicting the Heat to beat the Cavs at this point.
It would be foolish.
I think all we are saying is that if it comes to a matchup between the 2 teams, it will be a 'heated', hard fought, emotional series because of the recent history/events.

You make it sound like it will be a walk in the park ( as it should have been on both Cavs trips to Miami last year), but this isn't X Box.
Energy and emotion can change games.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until they start playing, we won't know, but every quote that has come from any player, coach , or Riley has said that they intend to play at a much faster.

'sides, DO name us the "speed demons" the Cavs have outside of LeClown. it isn't like they're typically gonna run teams off the court either...at least as much as Wiggy would have us believe...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some stats for Wiggy.

Cavs title history 0-45. 0%
James Titles 2-12 17%
James winning in Finals 2-6 33%

As great as James is, many can and will argue that much of this run has come during a time when winning the EC was not that difficult and that losing 4 of 6 Finals (so far) weighs heavily against him when comparing to others.

Nah it doesnt lol. When he had a good team he hasnt gotten to the Finals every year. That is a fact. He took two teams to the Finals that had no business being there. Yes, his record is not the best but even you know the record doesnt matter. What is more impressive is going to the Finals 5 straight years. 2-2 is legit, talking about his teams that actually had a shot at winning or had business being in the Finals. But you can look at it any way you want lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'sides, DO name us the "speed demons" the Cavs have outside of LeClown. it isn't like they're typically gonna run teams off the court either...at least as much as Wiggy would have us believe...

True, but I wasn't trying to make it Heat vs Cavs.
I was just trying to guess/evaluate what the Heat offense might look like.

Here's the thing with the Cavs, when James is playing PG he often stands and dribbles for a large part of the shot clock, then decides if hes going to attack, shoot, or pass.
None of those positions are 'fast'.
If Kyrie is PG, then the pace is quicker.

With the Heat, hopefully Dragic is almost always handling the ball and since his game is better at a fast pace, common sense would say we should expect to see it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that thinks Finals winning percentage means something needs to brush up on their logic.

Anyone who thinks they don't is probably a Lebron fan trying to pretend that he hasn't failed repeatedly on the NBA's biggest stage.

Finals performances and numbers of rings are how the all time greats separate themselves, so take it up with them.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah it doesnt lol. When he had a good team he hasnt gotten to the Finals every year. That is a fact. He took two teams to the Finals that had no business being there. Yes, his record is not the best but even you know the record doesnt matter. What is more impressive is going to the Finals 5 straight years. 2-2 is legit, talking about his teams that actually had a shot at winning or had business being in the Finals. But you can look at it any way you want lol.

:scratch:it doesn't? really...?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you mean HAS.

And, I think the only team that had no business making it was his original one with the Cavs.
They were favored EVERY series last year leading up to the Finals.

I personally don't hold his Finals record against him, but you are nuts if you think many others won't, do, and will continue to.
For the last 3 Finals losses, he was supposed to be the best player in the world.
Often, that should be enough.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks they don't is probably a Lebron fan trying to pretend that he hasn't failed repeatedly on the NBA's biggest stage.

Finals performances and numbers of rings are how the all time greats separate themselves, so take it up with them.

my thinking EXACTLY...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put lebron on a mediocre Western Conference team and he never makes it to the NBA finals again!