• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you are saying but to be honest I don't think its a big deal. Science says it was actually a dis advantage for T. Brady. Also he beat a tough seattle team with normal balls and killed the Colts in the 2nd half with normal football. I still understand where u are coming from about cheating point of view. I guess it all depends on what people feel about it. In my opinion it would a great chance to jump on it and call out tom brady but I don't feel it was a big deal.

Yeah throwing out the phones were weird.
I hear ya. But at the professional level IMO it's a big deal. The reason is because, if he did it, obviously it would've been to gain an advantage. Now whether or not it turned out to be an advantage or disadvantage isn't the point.

A comparable example would be someone who tries to commit murder vs. someone who actually succeeds with committing murder. Attempted murder is still a crime even though the person wasn't successful. That's how I see this situation with Brady and why I think the league is following through with some type of punishment regardless of the result of the actions.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it didn't hurt their chances.
Oh I certainly can agree he helped them win. But that isn't the same as saying he's the reason they won.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i do wish he would just come out and say he did it. I think he knows they have nothing on him so he says he days he didnt do anything. i just dont get the 4 games compared to what others did this offseason that games reduced.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i do wish he would just come out and say he did it. I think he knows they have nothing on him so he says he days he didnt do anything. i just dont get the 4 games compared to what others did this offseason that games reduced.
Well if the reports I head are true they offered him a deal. They were willing to reduce the suspension to 1-2 games if he admitted he did it and cooperated with the league. He turned it down.

Because it will play out in Federal court there's really no saying what could happen. They could rule in the league's favor simply because Brady destroyed potential evidence, thereby making himself appear guilty. That would be a sad day for him....since he could've just accepted the deal and gotten on with his career.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I agree with Shaqdaddy about LBJ. Playing the west is tough year in and year out.

Lebron would also have different teammates in the West, maybe a super team. So it is really impossible to tell if he would have won. It would have been harder but imagine him on a playoff team that has enough for another max player. I will have to look that shit up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you put him on New Orleans:

Evans - Gordon - Lebron - Davis - Asik

Holiday, Anderson, Pondexter, Cole, Cunningham

That's a solid 10 man right there.

Other teams you could maybe not sign one guy and he could fit on the roster. Like Memphis, Phoenix, possibly Houston. Most of those teams would be stacked.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but I said 2-2 bc 2 of those Finals it was all him basically.

Anyways, IMO if Lebron either doesnt win another ring those losses will look worse, then the true accomplishment of carrying his teams into the Finals. If he wins a couple more to get to 4 or 5 nobody will care about his Finals record, just like Magic Johnson (5-4). No one remembers the losses, he has 5 rings and it's the only thing that matters.

Hopefully Lebron and Cavs can win 3 in a row! :yes: But just 1 for now

So what? They don't count?

He has to win 3 more to catch Magic. That's highly unlikely. He'll do well to get even 1 more.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron would also have different teammates in the West, maybe a super team. So it is really impossible to tell if he would have won. It would have been harder but imagine him on a playoff team that has enough for another max player. I will have to look that shit up.
Yes and no. I agree to a point. I agree that its impossible to tell but we can pretty much assume. He needed a super team to win his 2 championships and he had an easy path. There would be no easy path in the west. Look how beat up he got in the Finals this year. Imagine him doing that in 3 series leading up to the Finals. He would burn himself out. It is fun to think where he could of end up. I remember before he picked Miami, Dallas wanted him. Its fun to play the guessing game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Im not a Kobe fan but I respect him as a Player. I rate him higher then most, I know if its because I watched his whole career but I do. He was the closest thing to Jordan and his game was scary good and maybe thats why maybe I'm not a Kobe fan because Im such a big MJ fan. Its just like Tom Brady, Im a big Joe Montana fan and I hate to see him get close to Joe and he is very close right now. Losing to the under dog Giants twice hurts him but if Tom gets another Championship I might have to make room for Tom as #1 A and #1B. It hurts more because I hate Michigan(ND fan).

Kobe was fun to watch and I respect his championships.

Makes a lot of sense actually. Kobe is "the guy who followed the guy" so to speak. He's the closest we have to MJ since MJ. However, the fact that he lost twice and is looked at by most as having been, at best, 1b to Shaq's 1a for three of the titles gets counted against him (as it should).

He's like the sequel to MJ and we all know the sequel is rarely as good as the original.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And WTF is it about Bed of lies that has me listening to it over and over again? I listened to it 20-25 times consecutively last night.

Last I checked.......I still had my nutsack.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what? They don't count?

He has to win 3 more to catch Magic. That's highly unlikely. He'll do well to get even 1 more.

It is definitely possible if this team can stay healthy, but 1 is all that matters.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN:

1. Which East team will make the biggest jump?

J.A. Adande, ESPN.com:Miami Heat

Ian Begley, ESPN.com: Miami gets the nod over Toronto here.

Kevin Pelton, ESPN Insider:Heat. In terms of sheer wins and losses, the New York Knicks may improve more because they started at just 17 wins. But the Heat figure to take a larger jump from the lottery to possibly the biggest threat to theCleveland Cavaliers in the East if they stay healthy.

Marc Stein, ESPN.com: I suspect Miami will be the most popular choice among our esteemed panelists, but I've got my eye on Milwaukee.

Brian Windhorst, ESPN.com: Miami's record was artificially depressed last season because of injury and they've improved themselves. Also, Erik Spoelstra completely altered his team's style of play on the fly last season. Give them a training camp and reasonable health and they'll be vastly improved.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. I agree to a point. I agree that its impossible to tell but we can pretty much assume. He needed a super team to win his 2 championships and he had an easy path. There would be no easy path in the west. Look how beat up he got in the Finals this year. Imagine him doing that in 3 series leading up to the Finals. He would burn himself out. It is fun to think where he could of end up. I remember before he picked Miami, Dallas wanted him. Its fun to play the guessing game.

I wouldnt say Miami was a super team lol. I would call the Lakers and Celtics of 70's and 80's super teams.

He has Bosh and Wade and some role players. The bench wasnt that good and they didnt have a big man his whole career in Miami. Bosh doesnt count lol.
If he would have been on that Dallas team that beat Miami, no one know how it would have turned out. So you cant assume anything actually.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks they don't is probably a Lebron fan trying to pretend that he hasn't failed repeatedly on the NBA's biggest stage.

This is so wrong. Its the exact opposite.

People who would discount it:
Unbiased people with working brains

People that would try to use it:
People who hate LeBron
People who hate Jerry West
People who love MJ
etc...

Finals performances and numbers of rings are how the all time greats separate themselves, so take it up with them.

Number of rings, yes. It would make sense if you put Titles / Years in the League. But Titles / Finals Appearances doesn't mean anything. (At best it means very little).

Finals winning percentage just doesn't make any logical sense. I don't need to get into the 'why's' of it because its obvious and you know it.

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN:

1. Which East team will make the biggest jump?

J.A. Adande, ESPN.com:Miami Heat

Ian Begley, ESPN.com: Miami gets the nod over Toronto here.

Kevin Pelton, ESPN Insider:Heat. In terms of sheer wins and losses, the New York Knicks may improve more because they started at just 17 wins. But the Heat figure to take a larger jump from the lottery to possibly the biggest threat to theCleveland Cavaliers in the East if they stay healthy.

Marc Stein, ESPN.com: I suspect Miami will be the most popular choice among our esteemed panelists, but I've got my eye on Milwaukee.

Brian Windhorst, ESPN.com: Miami's record was artificially depressed last season because of injury and they've improved themselves. Also, Erik Spoelstra completely altered his team's style of play on the fly last season. Give them a training camp and reasonable health and they'll be vastly improved.

Miami, Washington, AND Milwaukee are gonna be interesting to watch imo. we'll see which one of 'em can maybe give Cleveland a run for their money in the East...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People who hate LeBron
People who love MJ
etc...

Number of rings, yes. It would make sense if you put Titles / Years in the League. But Titles / Finals Appearances doesn't mean anything. (At best it means very little).

Finals winning percentage just doesn't make any logical sense. I don't need to get into the 'why's' of it because its obvious and you know it.

They are just trolling, anyone with a half of a brain knows.

Waiting on one of CL's favorite rainbows he loves receiving and giving LOL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People who hate LeBron
People who love MJ
etc...

Yeah, no Lebron fan would ever try to artificially inflate Lebron's performance by cherry picking which finals appearances "count."

Magic and Byron Scott were both out when the Lakers lost to the Pistons going for a 3-peat. No one discounts that to try and make Magic or Kareem look better.