• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are just trolling, anyone with a half of a brain knows.

Waiting on one of CL's favorite rainbows he loves receiving and giving LOL

DO keep waiting, my sick, twisted li'l sad sack. I keep TELLING you you ain't my type, but I can't stop you from keeping your hopes up, I guess...:pound::pound:

in any case, why's it trolling anyways? anyone with "half a brain" has the right to draw their own conclusions. and only LeClown's nuthuggers always wanna pull the apologist card. don't blame us for not drinking his kool-aid...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no Lebron fan would ever try to artificially inflate Lebron's performance by cherry picking which finals appearances "count."

Magic and Byron Scott were both out when the Lakers lost to the Pistons going for a 3-peat. No one discounts that to try and make Magic or Kareem look better.

You're missing the point. Of course LeBron fans are going to emphasize things that make LeBron look good, just like his haters will emphasize things that don't... just like a fan/hater of any other player/team would do.

The point is.... an unbiased person can easily see how little Titles/Finals Apperances means. It just doesn't make sense as a stat. Imagine LeBron never played... he isn't in the discussion. Who (other than a biased MJ fan) would ever argue that that stat means anything?

I'll be the first to say that LeBron played poorly in the 2011 Finals... and that his 2 titles come up short when compared to some of the greats of the game - especially given the quality teammates he's had the past 5 seasons.

I'm just calling out the BS of pretending that losing in the Finals is worse than missing the playoffs, losing in the 1st round, losing in the conf semis, or losing in the conf Finals.

It doesn't make any sense. Its that simple.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt say Miami was a super team lol. I would call the Lakers and Celtics of 70's and 80's super teams.

He has Bosh and Wade and some role players. The bench wasnt that good and they didnt have a big man his whole career in Miami. Bosh doesnt count lol.
If he would have been on that Dallas team that beat Miami, no one know how it would have turned out. So you cant assume anything actually.
Come on man it was a super tam. The last team to pull off what they did was Boston with their Big 3(in this era). Miami at the time had 3 top 10 players. 2 in the Top 5 and 1 being the #1 player in LBJ. It was a super team.

Boston started the trend of super 3 team and Miami followed and now more teams are trying it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man it was a super tam. The last team to pull off what they did was Boston with their Big 3(in this era). Miami at the time had 3 top 10 players. 2 in the Top 5 and 1 being the #1 player in LBJ. It was a super team.

I'd describe the 2011 Heat as having a very super top 3... but a very poor bottom 12. The rest of the years the supporting cast was much better.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boston started the trend of super 3 team and Miami followed and now more teams are trying it.

the new CBA's gonna make that a helluva lot harder, but I DO see where you're comin' from...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd describe the 2011 Heat as having a very super top 3... but a very poor bottom 12. The rest of the years the supporting cast was much better.
I agree with that but they still had the super 3. They were the most hyped team in a long time. They were successful but also failed at what they were trying to do. I know they wanted at least to win 3 in a row.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the new CBA's gonna make that a helluva lot harder, but I DO see where you're comin' from...
yeah it will be tough but we see clippers with the super 3. Cleveland has it, OKC really screwed up. They would of had a crazy 3 with harden, Durant and Westbrook.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point. Of course LeBron fans are going to emphasize things that make LeBron look good, just like his haters will emphasize things that don't... just like a fan/hater of any other player/team would do.

The point is.... an unbiased person can easily see how little Titles/Finals Apperances means. It just doesn't make sense as a stat. Imagine LeBron never played... he isn't in the discussion. Who (other than a biased MJ fan) would ever argue that that stat means anything?

I'll be the first to say that LeBron played poorly in the 2011 Finals... and that his 2 titles come up short when compared to some of the greats of the game - especially given the quality teammates he's had the past 5 seasons.

I'm just calling out the BS of pretending that losing in the Finals is worse than missing the playoffs, losing in the 1st round, losing in the conf semis, or losing in the conf Finals.

It doesn't make any sense. Its that simple.

Who the hell said losing in the finals is worse than missing the playoffs? No need to make shit up just to argue something that hasn't been claimed. The discussion was records in the finals, not times they made or missed the playoffs.

Lebron is 2-4 in the finals. There's no sugar coating, cherry picking or excuse making that's going to change that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell said losing in the finals is worse than missing the playoffs? No need to make shit up just to argue something that hasn't been claimed. The discussion was records in the finals, not times they made or missed the playoffs.

Lebron is 2-4 in the finals. There's no sugar coating, cherry picking or excuse making that's going to change that.

The message is implicit in any comparison/discussion of Finals winning percentage. If you're going to deny the obviously implied narrative... then I'd wonder what your possible explanation for even discussing such an arbitrary stat would be.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The message is implicit in any comparison/discussion of Finals winning percentage. If you're going to deny the obviously implied narrative... then I'd wonder what your possible explanation for even discussing such an arbitrary stat would be.

If that's what you need to read into it to make yourself feel better about Lebron being 2-4 in the finals, then knock yourself out. It won't change the fact that he's 2-4 in the finals.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it will be tough but we see clippers with the super 3. Cleveland has it, OKC really screwed up. They would of had a crazy 3 with harden, Durant and Westbrook.

I know people love to bring this up but there's only 1 ball out there and Harden, Durant, Westbrook all love to shoot and Harden, Westbrook especially love to have the ball in their hands. There's a reason why Harden was on the bench and I doubt it's because OKC thought he wasn't good enough to start. Seems like a necessary departure to me.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's what you need to read into it to make yourself feel better about Lebron being 2-4 in the finals, then knock yourself out. It won't change the fact that he's 2-4 in the finals.

And if you want to dismiss every sound argument I make because I'm a LeBron fan, then knock yourself out.

Once again, I haven't uttered a single word in defense of LeBron on the matter (in fact the only time I mentioned him was to point out his failure in 2011 and how far his championship resume is from the other greats) ... and yet somehow that's all you see.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL at Bosh top 10 :laugh3:

That's some funny shit!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that but they still had the super 3. They were the most hyped team in a long time. They were successful but also failed at what they were trying to do. I know they wanted at least to win 3 in a row.

For only being together for 4 years, yes they only had 2 titles. But they were 4 for 4 at getting to the championship. I mean the first year they made, even with all the questions. I would say that is pretty successful. If he did that in Cleveland in 4 years, I would be thrilled.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Bosh top 10 :laugh3:

That's some funny shit!

Not sure where Bosh should have been rated (prob top 15-20), but whatever number is it, it needs to be higher then wherever you are ranking Love when he joined the Cavs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For only being together for 4 years, yes they only had 2 titles. But they were 4 for 4 at getting to the championship. I mean the first year they made, even with all the questions. I would say that is pretty successful. If he did that in Cleveland in 4 years, I would be thrilled.

It was, but even with all the questions Heat fans felt it was championship or bust every single year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you want to dismiss every sound argument I make because I'm a LeBron fan, then knock yourself out.

Once again, I haven't uttered a single word in defense of LeBron on the matter (in fact the only time I mentioned him was to point out his failure in 2011 and how far his championship resume is from the other greats) ... and yet somehow that's all you see.

Wasn't me that jumped into a conversation and tried to make it into something it wasn't.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the first season, especially at the start.

The early results didn't look promising, but that didn't change the expectations that were built from the day they united.
Regardless of any other roster in the league, if you have the best player and 2 other all stars, you need to win or at least expect to win.

That was my biggest issue with regard to Cavs fans excuses/expectations last season.
Once James traded Wiggins, there was no longer any grace period to be given.