• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you have said 'Put Iguodala on the warriors and they win the title' two years ago?

Warriors also have the league MVP and a solid roster.
A roster that won near 70 games.

I'm just not seeing your point.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell me what the team was like before Iggy joined. A solid team but no way championship contenders.

Point is, if lebron was in the west he wouldn't have won squat!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he was trying to say that much of the argument for what Lebron has accomplished (6 finals trips including the last 5 in a row) is the result of him playing in the much weaker eastern conference. If you took the 4 Heat teams that he was on and dropped them in western conference, I seriously doubt that they make 4 straight finals. Maybe 2 or 3 straight. Or 2 of the 4 years, but doubtful that it would be all 4.

His first Cavs team never makes the finals and last years team, if healthy, has a much tougher road. Losing Love in the first round like they did, probably would mean that they don't get out of the west.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me what the team was like before Iggy joined. A solid team but no way championship contenders.

I think he was trying to say that much of the argument for what Lebron has accomplished (6 finals trips including the last 5 in a row) is the result of him playing in the much weaker eastern conference. If you took the 4 Heat teams that he was on and dropped them in western conference, I seriously doubt that they make 4 straight finals. Maybe 2 or 3 straight. Or 2 of the 4 years, but doubtful that it would be all 4.

His first Cavs team never makes the finals and last years team, if healthy, has a much tougher road. Losing Love in the first round like they did, probably would mean that they don't get out of the west.

Well, if he's joining a mediocre roster, then they become much better, but I agree prob don't get over the hump 5 times in a row.

If you add him to a roster which is on the cusp of contending, then they certainly become the favorite.

We know its HARD to make it 5 times in a row, and I agree no team from the West will prob ever accomplish that with all the parity.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if he's joining a mediocre roster, then they become much better, but I agree prob don't get over the hump 5 times in a row.

If you add him to a roster which is on the cusp of contending, then they certainly become the favorite.

We know its HARD to make it 5 times in a row, and I agree no team from the West will prob ever accomplish that with all the parity.

Agree. Drop him onto, for example, the current Lakers and they become a playoff team. Put him on pretty much any of last years western conference playoff teams and they become the favorite or damn close to it.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need a reputable 3rd option when you have several players who can avg close to 15 PPG. They have a great supporting cast now and finally a real center
Yea, they said that about the team that made it to the Finals...and they haven't made it back since. I will believe it when I see it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 2-3 in the last 5 finals and 2-4 overall.

I know, but I said 2-2 bc 2 of those Finals it was all him basically.

Anyways, IMO if Lebron either doesnt win another ring those losses will look worse, then the true accomplishment of carrying his teams into the Finals. If he wins a couple more to get to 4 or 5 nobody will care about his Finals record, just like Magic Johnson (5-4). No one remembers the losses, he has 5 rings and it's the only thing that matters.

Hopefully Lebron and Cavs can win 3 in a row! :yes: But just 1 for now

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you mean HAS.

And, I think the only team that had no business making it was his original one with the Cavs.
They were favored EVERY series last year leading up to the Finals.

I personally don't hold his Finals record against him, but you are nuts if you think many others won't, do, and will continue to.
For the last 3 Finals losses, he was supposed to be the best player in the world.
Often, that should be enough.

The Mavs and Spurs losses, of course. I cant put this last one on him, he had bench players and a couple starters around him. But anyway, it all matters what happens in the end ultimately. If he ends up with 4 or 5 rings, the record wont matter as much. If he ends up with only 2, he will be criticized.

Now the real question is, if he wins 1 in Cleveland and never wins another one again, how will he look??
He will look like a hero to Cleveland, but wont be in the conversation for most ever bc of the titles, most likely.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he ends up with 4 or 5 rings, the record wont matter as much. If he ends up with only 2, he will be criticized.

I wonder if this is true. Kobe has 5 championships but folks always bring up the number of times he's lost in the Finals. I think the reason is because MJ made it there 6 times and won all 6. That is hard to follow up no matter who the player is. The expectation has been set and that's what the standard is for most people now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ready for season. Cant wait for Playoff baseball, Football and some basketball.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if this is true. Kobe has 5 championships but folks always bring up the number of times he's lost in the Finals. I think the reason is because MJ made it there 6 times and won all 6. That is hard to follow up no matter who the player is. The expectation has been set and that's what the standard is for most people now.
Yeah its a great thing to get there but its all about winning. In some cases losing hurts more then winning one. I mean to be honest for LBJ to lose 4 Finals and back to back hurts him big time. Kobe is on a little higher standard because he won 5 but also won 3 in a row.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its a great thing to get there but its all about winning. In some cases losing hurts more then winning one. I mean to be honest for LBJ to lose 4 Finals and back to back hurts him big time. Kobe is on a little higher standard because he won 5 but also won 3 in a row.
I agree that Kobe's titles are a little more special and not just because I am a Laker fan. What other player (other than MJ, of course) can say they won back to back as well as a 3peat with different supporting casts?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but I said 2-2 bc 2 of those Finals it was all him basically.

Anyways, IMO if Lebron either doesnt win another ring those losses will look worse, then the true accomplishment of carrying his teams into the Finals. If he wins a couple more to get to 4 or 5 nobody will care about his Finals record, just like Magic Johnson (5-4). No one remembers the losses, he has 5 rings and it's the only thing that matters.

Hopefully Lebron and Cavs can win 3 in a row! :yes: But just 1 for now

i don't, but then again maybe i'm biased...:lol:

btw Shane. i truly DO hope you stop giving me all those rainbows at some point. you simply ain't my type, and i just hate breaking your li'l misguided heart...:pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't, but then again maybe i'm biased...:lol:

btw Shane. i truly DO hope you stop giving me all those rainbows at some point. you simply ain't my type, and i just hate breaking your li'l misguided heart...:pound:

I know you love the rainbows, so there ya go.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Kobe's titles are a little more special and not just because I am a Laker fan. What other player (other than MJ, of course) can say they won back to back as well as a 3peat with different supporting casts?
I agree, Im not a Kobe fan but I respect him as a Player. I rate him higher then most, I know if its because I watched his whole career but I do. He was the closest thing to Jordan and his game was scary good and maybe thats why maybe I'm not a Kobe fan because Im such a big MJ fan. Its just like Tom Brady, Im a big Joe Montana fan and I hate to see him get close to Joe and he is very close right now. Losing to the under dog Giants twice hurts him but if Tom gets another Championship I might have to make room for Tom as #1 A and #1B. It hurts more because I hate Michigan(ND fan).

Kobe was fun to watch and I respect his championships.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Im not a Kobe fan but I respect him as a Player. I rate him higher then most, I know if its because I watched his whole career but I do. He was the closest thing to Jordan and his game was scary good and maybe thats why maybe I'm not a Kobe fan because Im such a big MJ fan. Its just like Tom Brady, Im a big Joe Montana fan and I hate to see him get close to Joe and he is very close right now. Losing to the under dog Giants twice hurts him but if Tom gets another Championship I might have to make room for Tom as #1 A and #1B. It hurts more because I hate Michigan(ND fan).

Kobe was fun to watch and I respect his championships.
Yep, Kobe in his prime was a bad mutha trucka!

Now as far as Tom Brady.....I'm on the fence about his greatness. See, I don't watch ANY football, but I used to. But, I can't stand cheaters in any fashion. Now I can't say for certain if he cheated or not...but I will say that destroying his phone before the league could get their hands on it doesn't exactly say "I'm innocent" if you catch my drift. If there's nothing to hide why not give up your phone and move on from the situation?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow I agree with Shaqdaddy about LBJ. Playing the west is tough year in and year out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Kobe in his prime was a bad mutha trucka!

Now as far as Tom Brady.....I'm on the fence about his greatness. See, I don't watch ANY football, but I used to. But, I can't stand cheaters in any fashion. Now I can't say for certain if he cheated or not...but I will say that destroying his phone before the league could get their hands on it doesn't exactly say "I'm innocent" if you catch my drift. If there's nothing to hide why not give up your phone and move on from the situation?
I hear what you are saying but to be honest I don't think its a big deal. Science says it was actually a dis advantage for T. Brady. Also he beat a tough seattle team with normal balls and killed the Colts in the 2nd half with normal football. I still understand where u are coming from about cheating point of view. I guess it all depends on what people feel about it. In my opinion it would a great chance to jump on it and call out tom brady but I don't feel it was a big deal.

Yeah throwing out the phones were weird.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you saying you think the Warriors won because they added Iggy?