• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much wraps it up here. foolish imo to think you come in with virtually the same guys and expect different results...
really? you think its foolish to bring back a team that made it to Game 6 of the Finals- even though Love, Kyrie and Varejao were out hurt? REALLY?!

there is a reason why the team is favored to win it all

plus- just by playing together for more time they will get better. I mean - is that something people fail to realize....

is that a hard concept? that, after making huge midseason trades, and hiring a first time NBA coach, and only currently having Kyrie, Delly, Thompson and Varejao as the only holdovers- that all those guys playing together for the whole YEAR is certainly going to help things-- that the team will be SIGNIFICANTLY improved after playing together for 1 and a half seasons- rather than just HALF a season?-- AND THEN having to change its rotations in the playoffs because of guys getting hurt-

Or the fact that when guys are young they get better. Like Thompson did. Like Kyrie did. Like Delly did. Shumpert certainly stepped up his level of play after coming over. FReaking Mozgov just needed a CHANCE to play and the guy ends up going for damn near 30 in the NBA Finals.

Not too mention the Cavs filled their biggest need by finding a 3rd guard in Mo Williams who played very very good ball last year.

yup....absolutely ZERO reason to think the Cavs will be better equipped to win it this year right? (smh)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think of the starting lineup in Day one of last season- compared to the starting lineup in the last game of the Finals

PG- KI
SG- Waiters
SF- Bron
PF- Love
C- Varejao

vs.

PG- Delly
SG- Shumpert (who had hurt his shoulder running into Green and could barely shoot)
SF- Bron
PF- Thompson
C- Mozgov

And the Cavs wont be better this season? LOL

I think you guys are just being AWFULLY WISHFUL THINKERS

The Cavs will one again DOMINATE THE EAST- where they lost 2 whole games in the playoffs

(that in and of itself was pretty awesome...wonder when the last team to only lose 2 games in the East to get ot the Finals) (and I STILL laugh my ass of at DJ saying the WIZARDS- YES THE WIZARDS- were better)

and then go to battle against whoever limps into the Finals after battling it out in the West (and seriously- i wouldnt mind seeing SAS after 3 rounds of tough playoff matchups- gimme the old guys at that point!)

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think of the starting lineup in Day one of last season- compared to the starting lineup in the last game of the Finals

PG- KI
SG- Waiters
SF- Bron
PF- Love
C- Varejao

vs.

PG- Delly
SG- Shumpert (who had hurt his shoulder running into Green and could barely shoot)
SF- Bron
PF- Thompson
C- Mozgov

The Cavs will one again DOMINATE THE EAST- where they lost 2 whole games in the playoffs

(that in and of itself was pretty awesome...wonder when the last team to only lose 2 games in the East to get ot the Finals) (and I STILL laugh my ass of at DJ saying the WIZARDS- YES THE WIZARDS- were better)

and then go to battle against whoever limps into the Finals after battling it out in the West (and seriously- i wouldnt mind seeing SAS after 3 rounds of tough playoff matchups- gimme the old guys at that point!)

you mean like they "dominated" it last season with the 2nd best record...?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG- KI
SG- Waiters
SF- Bron
PF- Love
C- Varejao

vs.

PG- Delly
SF- Bron
PF- Thompson
C- Mozgov

considering the shape some of your players were in when LAST seen in the finals the only "wishful thinker" around here is Y-O-U...

better break out a four leaf clover AND a rabbit's foot...:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if its from ESPN it is probably posted so

WTF are you talking about "didnt accept technically?" LOL

ALL I EVER WANTED YOU TO DO IS TO GIVE SOME PROOF FOR WHAT YOUR WERE BLABBING ABOUT- --- and WHILE I- PROVIDED AMPLE PROOF- WINDHORSTS OWN ARTICLE- AS WELL AS OTHER ARTICLES- all you did was get your panties in a bunch saying "I heard on the radio- I HEARD ON THE RADIO"- All I wanted was some ACTUAL PROOF of what you said.

I heard on the radio today that Pat Riley is retiring next summer! I SWEAR !!!! lol....see how EASY it is just to make something up when you say "I HEARD IT ON THE RADIO" - ESPECIALLY.... ESPECIALLY--- when you cannot corroborate it with ANYTHING on the internet- AND it wasnt discussed on a board that LOVES TO DISCUSS AND criticize Gilbert and the Cavs.

ughhhh...unbelievable....Between my 7 years of higher education that has to freaking be more than half of this board COMBINED! reading is not that difficult.

Again...just cannot wait until this team Gilbert has spent the most on in the history of the league wrecks the Heat (if the heat dont shit their pants again)- and finally finishes the job as they are favored to do!

Your "7 years of higher education" is probably the biggest waste of $$ that anyone here could even imagine.

Good luck with that lawyer career when you aren't even qualified nor understand how to question/research posts on a sports thread.

Like I'm going to fucking lie about what I heard on a radio show?

Trojan found your "proof" in 3 minutes.
You are just not bright enough to know how to go about it.

Did you listen to any of the multiple podcasts yesterday where Cavs homer/James ball licker Windy said that Gilbert CHEAPED OUT, just like I said he said?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was baseball and you could still add, then whatever...make Gilbert spend out the ass, but when you can't add and others can is when you have the problems.

This is one of the points that Windhorst made yesterday. He was saying that next year, something like 25 of 30 teams will have a lot of cap space. The Cavs ain't one. They are going to be in the position the Lakers were in after the 2010 title. No ability to improve the roster while everyone else is getting better.

The difference is, the Lakers got a couple of titles out of it, while the Cavs will be lucky to get one.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean like they "dominated" it last season with the 2nd best record...?
no- I was talking about the playoffs where they swept the celtics, lost 2 to the bulls and swept the Hawks (the #1 seed)--- did you forget that?

oh-- and since they made their trades and settled their roster- they had the best record in the East BY FAR- and . I BELIEVE the best record in the NBA. -going 14-1 vs. the West (and of course 2-0 against hte Lakers- but that goes without saying right?) in that time span from Jan 15th to the end of the season helps.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no- I was talking about the playoffs where they swept the celtics, lost 2 to the bulls and swept the Hawks (the #1 seed)--- did you forget that?

oh-- and since they made their trades and settled their roster- they had the best record in the East BY FAR- and . I BELIEVE the best record in the NBA. -going 14-1 vs. the West (and of course 2-0 against hte Lakers- but that goes without saying right?) in that time span from Jan 15th to the end of the season helps.

yep. nice little playoff run...in the EC. guess you're the easily impressed type...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your "7 years of higher education" is probably the biggest waste of $$ that anyone here could even imagine.

Good luck with that lawyer career when you aren't even qualified nor understand how to question/research posts on a sports thread.

Like I'm going to fucking lie about what I heard on a radio show?

Trojan found your "proof" in 3 minutes.
You are just not bright enough to know how to go about it.

Did you listen to any of the multiple podcasts yesterday where Cavs homer/James ball licker Windy said that Gilbert CHEAPED OUT, just like I said he said?
LOL its obvious that you are lucky to even have a GED

what you want me to look for your PROOF for you?

I cited an ARTICLE FROM THE VERY GUY YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT- that said NONE of what you were saying- and another article that 100% REFUTED IT.

and no- I cant listen to a podcast at work- especially since all morning and early afternoon I was dtown at court- I will be sure to do so later tonight after I get home and see if thats what was actually said- if it was- thats fine- but for their not to be one single article of it on the internet- absolutely nothing that anyone would put there name on to back it up- seems RATHER FISHY LOL.......

again..lets just hope your Heat dont shit their pants again and we get this Cavs/HEat series everyone wants becasue that will be a LOT OF FUN...lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of that and still no championships.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I cited an ARTICLE FROM THE VERY GUY YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT- that said NONE of what you were saying- and another article that 100% REFUTED IT.

and no- I cant listen to a podcast at work- especially since all morning and early afternoon I was dtown at court- I will be sure to do so later tonight after I get home and see if thats what was actually said- if it was- thats fine- but for their not to be one single article of it on the internet- absolutely nothing that anyone would put there name on to back it up- seems RATHER FISHY LOL.......

again..lets just hope your Heat dont shit their pants again and we get this Cavs/HEat series everyone wants becasue that will be a LOT OF FUN...lol

Here's the proof. Now how about you follow your own advice and grow up and admit you're wrong.

WKNR Podcasts - Play Now

It starts right about the 9 minute mark.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the points that Windhorst made yesterday. He was saying that next year, something like 25 of 30 teams will have a lot of cap space. The Cavs ain't one. They are going to be in the position the Lakers were in after the 2010 title. No ability to improve the roster while everyone else is getting better.

The difference is, the Lakers got a couple of titles out of it, while the Cavs will be lucky to get one.
what exactly do you hope they will do?

Trjoan- I mean- its a simple game of supply and demand next year- did you see the free agent list?

AT LEAST 26-28 teams are going to have TONS of cash to throw at a VERY VERY LIMITED POOL OF free agents.

Durant is of course #1- and its at least 50% likely he does not go anywhere- if not higher

other than that- Dwight Howard is #2, Mike Conley #3, Al Horford #4........

that LEAVES AT LEAST- 22 teams- if not more if guys resign going after a very very mediocre free agent pool

When guys are going after that mediocre free agent pool ya know what the Cavs have? When AL Horford is getting 22 M a year and Dwight Howard is getting 25 a year and Durant is getting 30M a year- and LESSER guys are getting 18 M a year?

The Cavs will have Love at 21M and Kyrie at 18M---- THATS FREAKING PERFECT....

you should udnerstand supply and demand

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the proof. Now how about you follow your own advice and grow up and admit you're wrong.

It starts right about the 9 minute mark.
i told you i cant play it at work but i will be happy to once i get home sometime between 6-7 depending on if i get shit on with more work....which I just got 2 more projects in the last 45 minutes- albeit one should only take half an hour...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what exactly do you hope they will do?

Trjoan- I mean- its a simple game of supply and demand next year- did you see the free agent list?

AT LEAST 26-28 teams are going to have TONS of cash to throw at a VERY VERY LIMITED POOL OF free agents.

Durant is of course #1- and its at least 50% likely he does not go anywhere- if not higher

other than that- Dwight Howard is #2, Mike Conley #3, Al Horford #4........

that LEAVES AT LEAST- 22 teams- if not more if guys resign going after a very very mediocre free agent pool

When guys are going after that mediocre free agent pool ya know what the Cavs have? When AL Horford is getting 22 M a year and Dwight Howard is getting 25 a year and Durant is getting 30M a year- and LESSER guys are getting 18 M a year?

The Cavs will have Love at 21M and Kyrie at 18M---- THATS FREAKING PERFECT....

you should udnerstand supply and demand

I don't HOPE the Cavs do anything (except continue to not win championships). If you have an issue, take it up with Windhorst. The point is, the Cavs can't do much, if anything to improve their roster. Windhorst even says that the Cavs have virtually no assets. They can't even trade any picks until 2018 and then not again until 2020.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i told you i cant play it at work but i will be happy to once i get home sometime between 6-7 depending on if i get shit on with more work....which I just got 2 more projects in the last 45 minutes- albeit one should only take half an hour...

No worries. It's actually a very good interview. It's a little over 17 minutes in length. He makes some pretty solid points. I don't know how accurate it actually is overall, like Turnup, I usually take all of what the reporters say with a grain of salt.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't HOPE the Cavs do anything (except continue to not win championships). If you have an issue, take it up with Windhorst. The point is, the Cavs can't do much, if anything to improve their roster. Windhorst even says that the Cavs have virtually no assets. They can't even trade any picks until 2018 and then not again until 2020.
what would u want to change?

they have their Big 3 in LeBron, Love and Kyrie- and Love and Kyrie are signed to very team friendly contracts (especially compared to what is coming down the pipe for guys that are LESS talented)

they have a very solid contingent of support player signed up or have their Bird Rights in Thompson, Shumpert, Mozgov, Varejao, probably Smith, Delly, Mo Williams now,

what exactly would you change? that is a freaking LOADED ROSTER- and should just continue to improve internally due to guys just getting better!

I seriously have no clue why people fail to understand that the Cavs getting their core signed up long term is a GOOD THING- and that they have helped themselves out- instead of waiting and foraging into free agency next year when prices are going to be RIDICULOUS due to SIMPLE supply and demand.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously- Dwight Howard is going to get at least 25 million next year. So could Horford. Conley will DEFINITELY get more money than Kyrie did....and just signing up those guys still leaves 20 teams scrambling after the remainder!

its going to be insane to see the prices next year guys sign for. You think Shumpert for 10M is bad?

JUST WAIT till next offseason.....Kanter getting 17M a year and RObin Lopez getting 14M a year will look like chump change

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You and your google searches. LOL.

Who did you cite with your very INACCURATE Deng info post the other day?

The podcast Trojan put up was mild compared to the interview that Windy gave Lebatard (the one I heard).

Gordon already commented here that he heard both, and it was exactly what I said it was.

You really should quit, because you can't get any further behind.

And, we know you're scared of a healthy Heat team, I don't blame you.
Bringing up last year means what?
Why aren't you bringing up the Thunder and their 9 seed?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and your google searches. LOL.

Who did you cite with your very INACCURATE Deng info post the other day?

The podcast Trojan put up was mild compared to the interview that Windy gave Lebatard (the one I heard).

Gordon already commented here that he heard both, and it was exactly what I said it was.

You really should quit, because you can't get any further behind.

And, we know you're scared of a healthy Heat team, I don't blame you.
Bringing up last year means what?
Why aren't you bringing up the Thunder and their 9 seed?
your delusional

like i said- the Heat are not a very good defensive team- ESPECIALLY on the perimeter- and only have one big who can even feint to protect the rim-and he cant cover real centers in the post

the Heat are a slow team- that is awful on the break -- and struggles to get easy poins

and the Heat are an awful 3 pt shooting team

when you play mediocre defense, cant shoot the 3, and struggle to get any easy points- you dont win series'. ESPECIALLY against teams like the Cavs.

IN a league that has turned to putting a premium on 3pt shooting, and spacing, and running- the Heat are antiquated and living in the nineties with the roster they have.

ABSOLUTELY ZERO threat to the Cavs.

The Hawks are better equipped to beat the Cavs- and that would never happen-

Chicago - this season anyway- is the only team in the East that even have a shot to give the Cavs a matchup- at least until the Wizards make a big move in FA next year- which i think they will - even if its not Durant---- and the Bucks in a year or two once they develop.

The Heat are just a poorly conceived team full of individuals that really have no style of play or cont unity other than being an old, slow drag it offense that shoots like shit from the outside....that doesnt work in todays league.