• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MKG is one of my favorite players. I wanted him so bad over dion- but dion went 4 and MKG went 2....Cody Zeller has been a dissapointment- he went way ahead of his brother (cody went 4- tyler went like 18 in the previous years draft) and has sucked.

Al Jeff was a monster that year! Kemba is a solid PG too- prob not top 10- but you could win with him if you got the right guys.

Jefferson was crippled.
Like I said, you have no excuse for not making it if they could.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and usually they go after the real estate guy- because their company actually has money- over the owner.

the ohio statute requires disclosure of known defects- but the issue I have is that a lien or variance isnt a defect- so its not covered under the statute- thus our guy prob doesnt have much a leg to stand on....does the seller have the duty to disclose a variance he was granted ? (it was about a driveway- he had a variance to have a gravel drivway for 5 years before having to pave it) .....

I dont think the seller has to disclose a lien or variance- at least not in Ohio- especially in an "as is" sale- like i said- for commercial real estate there is no question- for residential its different- more strict duties to disclose

In Cali, that would have to be disclosed because it could adversely affect the sale and/or "use of the property." After the last housing bubble burst and bunch of people got screwed, things got tightened up real quick. In some ways, it's a pain in the ass because the tiniest issue has the potential to stop or delay the sale. People can be pretty nitpicky. But overall, it protects both the buyer and seller and results (so far anyway) with fewer court cases.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned in a "Joinder Agreement" to get a subsidiary under the same credit line as the parent company like 2-3 days ago- and it is only a smal thing- literally like 3 paragraphs- but im not joking- the attorney gave it back to me and all but like 15 words were crossed off and rewrote...he said he didnt expect me to get it the first time - especially because its not like they teach you how to draft such a specific document in school- but geez...lol...there was a LOT of red ink. oh well. I actually wrote a motion for summary judgment last week that was filed - and its the first big motion I have written like that...the opposition has 30 days to reply- i cant wait to see what the result is...excited for that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and usually they go after the real estate guy- because their company actually has money- over the owner.

That and the real estate agent is considered the "expert" and is supposed to know better.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Cali, that would have to be disclosed because it could adversely affect the sale and/or "use of the property." After the last housing bubble burst and bunch of people got screwed, things got tightened up real quick. In some ways, it's a pain in the ass because the tiniest issue has the potential to stop or delay the sale. People can be pretty nitpicky. But overall, it protects both the buyer and seller and results (so far anyway) with fewer court cases.
yah...its a pain in the ass to do all that due dilligence work though and search all the potential liens, variances, etc.....especially finding a local variance like that specific to only that home owner- that a title agency would likely miss.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say he wasn't effective?
I remember during the Heat playoff series he was killing us when he could barely walk.
yah silly me, how would I ever conflate you saying he was crippled with being uneffective. Its normal for guys that are crippled to go for 22 and 11 OVER THE COURSE OF AN ENTIRE SEASON, LOL.....

he was freaking amazing that year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah silly me, how would I ever conflate you saying he was crippled with being uneffective. Its normal for guys that are crippled to go for 22 and 11, LOL.....

You just refuse to give up when you are proven wrong time and time again (like I just did to you with Deng).
Jefferson was CRIPPLED towards the end of the season and into the playoffs with a foot injury, but yet was still very effective.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefferson told reporters that he had to take multiple painkiller shots in order to return. Coach Steve Clifford also told reporters that Jefferson felt something "rip" in his foot, indicated a tear.

A strain is actually a mild tear, so the initial diagnosis wasn't incorrect. He'll likely be able to play on the tear but it's going to hurt like hell. For more on the impact of the injury, catch up with Court Vision.

Charlotte Bobcats center Al Jefferson suffered a foot injury in the first quarter vs. the Miami Heat in Game 1 on Sunday. He went to the locker room and returned shortly. He was diagnosed with a strained plantar fascia, which is the connective tissue on the bottom of the foot. A strain or tear there is often confused with plantar fasciitis, a condition affecting that tissue.

The injury is known to be incredibly painful and the impact it had on Jefferson's game upon returning was clear. He had trouble getting up and down the floor and struggled with his shot, despite playing the rest of the half.

Jefferson wound up with 18 points and 10 rebounds but didn't appear to be 100 percent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just refuse to give up when you are proven wrong time and time again (like I just did to you with Deng).
Jefferson was CRIPPLED towards the end of the season and into the playoffs with a foot injury, but yet was still very effective.
lol...dude...have u EVER admitted you were wrong- or do you just start insulting the other person every time in some kind of attempt to dissuade from the truth?

I said that Al Jefferson was AWESOME that year - and he clearly was- and that was a huge factor in them getting to the playoffs- having a big in his prime- a true center go for freaking 22 points and 11 boards a game

who gives a flying fuck if he was knicked up at the end of the year?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...dude...have u EVER admitted you were wrong- or do you just start insulting the other person every time in some kind of attempt to dissuade from the truth?

I said that Al Jefferson was AWESOME that year - and he clearly was- and that was a huge factor in them getting to the playoffs- having a big in his prime- a true center go for freaking 22 points and 11 boards a game

who gives a flying fuck if he was knicked up at the end of the year?

And I agreed he was awesome DESPITE being injured.

I think the ORIGINAL point was you telling me why Kyrie didn't have enough to sniff an 8 seed even though he's a top 4 player in the league (according to only you) with me countering that a pretty crappy Bobcats team found a way.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agreed he was awesome DESPITE being injured.

I think the ORIGINAL point was you telling me why Kyrie didn't have enough to sniff an 8 seed even though he's a top 4 player in the league (according to only you) with me countering that a pretty crappy Bobcats team found a way.
back then in his 2nd year I thought Kyrie was a top 4 player in the league? LOL....not even right now do i think that

right now I think he is definitely top 20- and its some matter for debate where he is there- I could make a case that if you were talking about building a team and going forward he would be top 10....for next season alone- top 20 seems about right- maybe top 15 if his defense improves again as much as it did last year.

ill tell ya- I think the Cavs Big 3 - any one of them- would all CERTAINLY be the most "valuable" player if they were on the Heat--- as for effectiveness for this coming year alone?--- thats a tricker question but i would probably take all 3 Cavs .

the one thing that gives me cause for concern is Dwade when Dwade is rested , healthy , and motivated with a chip on his shoulder- like you saw him against the Cavs at times. The best i saw him play last year was that first game against the CAvs.

However- Dwade has nothing on Kyrie now- and just doesnst have the ceiling anymore that Kyrie does and DID against good teams like Portland and San Antonio- Portland was special because Bron was out--- San Antonio was special because it was on the road, against SAS, LeBron was struggling- Pop wanted the game bad, and Kyrie just went crazy and did it amazingly efficiently. Wade cant do that anymore- what Kyrie did in those 2 games.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you would have to agree with that- when both Kyrie and Wade are playing their best games at this point in their careers- Kyrie is simply better. Thats not even really debatable. Wade never even scored 57 in his freaking prime.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California definitely has the reputatio nof being extremely consumer friendly....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you would have to agree with that- when both Kyrie and Wade are playing their best games at this point in their careers- Kyrie is simply better. Thats not even really debatable. Wade never even scored 57 in his freaking prime.

Nobody is taking Wade over Kyrie even up, long term, but it's because of age.

If you ask me who I want even up in June on my roster assuming both are healthy, I'll take Wade assuming he is the attacking mode Wade.

And whoopie that Kyire scored 57 in a regular season game that James didn't play in where he took every shot for how long?

Wade won a league scoring title.

I'll say that is a much better accomplishment.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is taking Wade over Kyrie even up, long term, but it's because of age.

If you ask me who I want even up in June on my roster assuming both are healthy, I'll take Wade assuming he is the attacking mode Wade.

And whoopie that Kyire scored 57 in a regular season game that James didn't play in where he took every shot for how long?

Wade won a league scoring title.

I'll say that is a much better accomplishment.
actually in the game he scored 57 LeBron did play....in the game he scored 55 against the Blazers LeBron sat out.

When Kyrie is playing his best- he is substantially better than this 33 year old version of Dwade at his height. Wade just cant do the stuff Kyrie can do anymore--- and in some aspects- especially in regards to ball handling and outside shooting- that Wade could never do in the first place.

Its a no brainer man- if both guys are playing their best game for this upcoming season - you GOTTA take Kyrie or your leaving points on the table.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man...especially at the end of the year....Wade's goose was cooked. Miami went 3-5 in April down the stretch to miss the playoffs and Wade shot a paltry 41% from the field and a positively rotten 21% from 3. He was totally gassed.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually in the game he scored 57 LeBron did play....in the game he scored 55 against the Blazers LeBron sat out.

When Kyrie is playing his best- he is substantially better than this 33 year old version of Dwade at his height. Wade just cant do the stuff Kyrie can do anymore--- and in some aspects- especially in regards to ball handling and outside shooting- that Wade could never do in the first place.

Its a no brainer man- if both guys are playing their best game for this upcoming season - you GOTTA take Kyrie or your leaving points on the table.

Not sure how this turned back into Wade vs Kyrie again?

And yes, Kyrie is now a better scorer then Wade. No doubt.

I said if my team was in the Finals (which would mean they were a very good team), I would still take a HEALTHY Wade because of all the proven intangibles he brings.

There is more to the game then scoring, and that it why the Cavs often looked better when Kyrie and Love weren't on the court.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man...especially at the end of the year....Wade's goose was cooked. Miami went 3-5 in April down the stretch to miss the playoffs and Wade shot a paltry 41% from the field and a positively rotten 21% from 3. He was totally gassed.

Wade was awful all around and especially when he was PG.

Luckily, that won't be the case moving forward.