• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have one showing all the Cavs titles sitting next to you when you're watching TV?
gimme 11 months ;)

Cavs WILL approach 70 wins....if you look back I never EVER EVER PREDICTED 70 wins- I said it could happen......

man- i really want to predict it though...I want to so bad....they are just going to be so loaded- and if they play like they did after January 15th (after the trades and Bron coming back)- they would have been on pace for that until they rested guys down the stretch and dropped 2 to the Celtics when no one played....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

I cant do it.

Ill say 68 wins

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

no they had an excuse

MIKE BROWN. Not too mention losing the 1 year gamble on Bynum. Not too mention Dion Waiter's mental problems where he REALLY thought he was the #1 option. Im being serious- even at the start of LAST YEAR- Dion resented being behind Irving and Love as an offensive option and he reluctantly lived iwth Bron being #1...

lol.

They were hanging around, made the trades for Deng and Hawes.
Like I said, they had no valid excuse to not at least be an 8 seed IF Kyrie is such a 'special' talent.

It was so tough, the Bobcats made it...:clap:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gimme 11 months ;)

Cavs WILL approach 70 wins....if you look back I never EVER EVER PREDICTED 70 wins- I said it could happen......

man- i really want to predict it though...I want to so bad....they are just going to be so loaded- and if they play like they did after January 15th (after the trades and Bron coming back)- they would have been on pace for that until they rested guys down the stretch and dropped 2 to the Celtics when no one played....

I cant do it.

Ill say 68 wins

So...you will give us all the Field vs the Cavs?
What's the bet?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God....it is so freaking dead here today. Literally the office is half empty. Have you guys gotten done as little as I have thus far today? Its so slow around here on Fridays during the summer.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds reasonable

And I get it to a certain degree- Kyrie in his 4 years has missed a number of games for a variety of different issues- and while none of the injuries are very threatening- can he be counted on to be healthy when needed is the issue.

The thing that I dont worry about is something serious and specific- like when Kyrie's playing- im not thinking- man- he tore his ACL- and looks like hes lost some explosiveness- i wonder if that knee will hold up. LUCKILY- that has not happened to him yet in his career.

Like i said though- a good amount of those misses- especially his first two years occured because the Cavs were being ULTRA careful with what they deemed the future of their franchise- coupled with the Cavs GM not minding if Kyrie missed a couple extra games that would give the Cavs a better chance to lose them and get a higher lotto pick.

Kyrie's injuries in the playoffs this year started with a minor injury to his right leg- but because he tried to play through it instead of resting- he over compensated and it turned into the tenditinitis in his left knee that ended up severely limiting him for the balance of the playoffs.

I also think Blatt erred in playing Kyrie top 3 minutes per game in the ENTIRE NBA last season- but the lack of a viable backup PG certainly did not help. Now with Mo, and hopefully Delly back- there will be no need to run Kyrie ragged like last year and play him top 3 minutes per game in the entire NBA.

I just hope that next year in the playoffs- if the Cavs have injuries- its just to one guy- or if its multiple -its not Love and Kyrie- and Varejao- because that is nearly impossible to overcome playing quality teams. Even if it was "just" Love that was hurt by that freak (VERY QUESTIONABLE) play by Olnyk- i think the Cavs would have had a mch better chance- as it was- without Ki AND Love ANd Varejao- its a wonder they pushed the Warriors to 6- especiall because the Warriors were the one team in teh playoffs that was pretty much entirely healthy for the whole thing.

The thing that would concern me if I were a Cavs fan is that the injuries keep happening and that the Cavs are apparently considering limiting his minutes during the season as a preventative measure (according to shane, anyway). Limiting a players minutes is done to prevent fatigue, not injury. The fact that the Cavs may be considering it because of injury at least speaks to the FO being concerned.

Maybe I'm just extra skeptical because of what happened with Bynum, but he had literally zero history of injury until his knees suddenly started falling apart. Kyrie has an injury history that dates back to high school.

I don't agree at all with the bold. At 23, Kyrie should be playing a lot of minutes. The fact that you think he played too many should be your first clue that Kyrie's injury history is a concern at this point in his career. As a comparison, when Kobe was Kyrie's age, he averaged about 41 minutes per game on a team that was in the process of a 3-peat. Kyrie has averaged about 36 minutes per game over his past 2 seasons.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, they had no valid excuse to not at least be an 8 seed IF Kyrie is such a 'special' talent.
if CP3, Durant, LeBron couldnt make the playoffs their first 2 years- I can hardly crucify Kyrie for not making it his 3rd year with his surrounding cast- mostly because of their youth more so than their talent-

and Deng was WRETCHED for the Cavs. He looked kaput. Its why he took such a meager contract from the Heat after rejecting a much richer offer from the Bulls mere months before. But- at the beginning of the year- after signing Jack and Bynum I thought they would contend for a playoff spot.

Thompson was not quite ready yet. Bynum was a bust. The frontline was much to thin with only Thompson and Zeller for the most part- and then later Hawes- who was ok- but was wrteched defensively..

The biggest thing was the humongous hole at the 3. We played Alonzo Gee there mostly and he was awful until we got Deng. The Cavs were not going otbring in a 3 that was decent on a long term deal when they always mean to go shopping for a big time 3 in the offseason- whether it be Bron (which is what happened) - or another good player like Heyward who they met with last summer before LeBron expressed his interest in coming back.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gimme 11 months ;)

I cant do it.

Ill say 68 wins

No way 68..
Ill bet you its 60 or less.
32-9 @ home
27-14 @ road
is reasonable if James stays healthy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if CP3, Durant, LeBron couldnt make the playoffs their first 2 years- I can hardly crucify Kyrie for not making it his 3rd year with his surrounding cast- mostly because of their youth more so than their talent-

and Deng was WRETCHED for the Cavs. He looked kaput. Its why he took such a meager contract from the Heat after rejecting a much richer offer from the Bulls mere months before. But- at the beginning of the year- after signing Jack and Bynum I thought they would contend for a playoff spot.

Thompson was not quite ready yet. Bynum was a bust. The frontline was much to thin with only Thompson and Zeller for the most part- and then later Hawes- who was ok- but was wrteched defensively..

The biggest thing was the humongous hole at the 3. We played Alonzo Gee there mostly and he was awful until we got Deng. The Cavs were not going otbring in a 3 that was decent on a long term deal when they always mean to go shopping for a big time 3 in the offseason- whether it be Bron (which is what happened) - or another good player like Heyward who they met with last summer before LeBron expressed his interest in coming back.

You are so FOS.
Bulls offered him 10M/year, he declined.
Heat paid him 10M/year.
FACT.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that would concern me if I were a Cavs fan is that the injuries keep happening and that the Cavs are apparently considering limiting his minutes during the season as a preventative measure (according to shane, anyway). Limiting a players minutes is done to prevent fatigue, not injury. The fact that the Cavs may be considering it because of injury at least speaks to the FO being concerned.

Maybe I'm just extra skeptical because of what happened with Bynum, but he had literally zero history of injury until his knees suddenly started falling apart. Kyrie has an injury history that dates back to high school.

I don't agree at all with the bold. At 23, Kyrie should be playing a lot of minutes. The fact that you think he played too many should be your first clue that Kyrie's injury history is a concern at this point in his career. As a comparison, when Kobe was Kyrie's age, he averaged about 41 minutes per game on a team that was in the process of a 3-peat. Kyrie has averaged about 36 minutes per game over his past 2 seasons.

oh yah. Kyrie played in 75 games last year and 2 of those misses were at the very end when everyone was resting.....and he played the 3rd most minutes per game i nthe entire league.

While I dont like him playing the 3rd most minutes in the entire league per game- he should have no problem with an regular workload you would hope.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God....it is so freaking dead here today. Literally the office is half empty. Have you guys gotten done as little as I have thus far today? Its so slow around here on Fridays during the summer.

I work in real estate, it's a very appointment based business. Some days, like today, I literally have almost nothing to do until about 5:00pm when I have to go show a property.

Think I'm gonna go mow my lawn in a bit just to break up the day. :lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was so tough, the Bobcats made it...:clap:
well if Wade/Dragic/Whiteside couldnt make it then you think a 21 year old Kyrie would ? LOL

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work in real estate, it's a very appointment based business. Some days, like today, I literally have almost nothing to do until about 5:00pm when I have to go show a property.

Think I'm gonna go mow my lawn in a bit just to break up the day. :lol:
thats funny with the real estate. The research project i have on my plate right now is about a seller's duty to disclose defects- all though in this case it is about a variance- which is not a physical defect which takes it out of the statute and puts it into CL- I THINK anyway...

its in a residential case and was sold "as is" --- for commercial real estate their is no cause of action for the buyer if the buy "as is"- but for residences- there is an ohio statute 5302.20 that requires disclosure--- but like I said--- it deals with physical defecnts- and not stuff like liens and variances- which the buyer should have done their own due dilligence to discover.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if Wade/Dragic/Whiteside couldnt make it then you think a 21 year old Kyrie would ? LOL

Maybe because Wade was a little fatigued from his previous 4 straight Finals appearances?

Typical Wiggy trying to deflect away from the facts about his crappy team whenever James isn't on the roster.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MKG is one of my favorite players. I wanted him so bad over dion- but dion went 4 and MKG went 2....Cody Zeller has been a dissapointment- he went way ahead of his brother (cody went 4- tyler went like 18 in the previous years draft) and has sucked.

Al Jeff was a monster that year! Kemba is a solid PG too- prob not top 10- but you could win with him if you got the right guys.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats funny with the real estate. The research project i have on my plate right now is about a seller's duty to disclose defects- all though in this case it is about a variance- which is not a physical defect which takes it out of the statute and puts it into CL- I THINK anyway...

Not sure what the laws are in Ohio. In Cali, anything and everything that could possibly affect the sale has to be disclosed whether it's a physical defect, lien, variance, anything. Anything the agent is aware of or made aware of has to be disclosed.

What I was taught in my classes was "when in doubt....disclose." It's probably the most common reason that agents lose their license.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the laws are in Ohio. In Cali, anything and everything that could possibly affect the sale has to be disclosed whether it's a physical defect, lien, variance, anything. Anything the agent is aware of or made aware of has to be disclosed.

What I was taught in my classes was "when in doubt....disclose." It's probably the most common reason that agents lose their license.
and usually they go after the real estate guy- because their company actually has money- over the owner.

the ohio statute requires disclosure of known defects- but the issue I have is that a lien or variance isnt a defect- so its not covered under the statute- thus our guy prob doesnt have much a leg to stand on....does the seller have the duty to disclose a variance he was granted ? (it was about a driveway- he had a variance to have a gravel drivway for 5 years before having to pave it) .....

I dont think the seller has to disclose a lien or variance- at least not in Ohio- especially in an "as is" sale- like i said- for commercial real estate there is no question- for residential its different- more strict duties to disclose

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its in a residential case and was sold "as is" --- for commercial real estate their is no cause of action for the buyer if the buy "as is"- but for residences- there is an ohio statute 5302.20 that requires disclosure--- but like I said--- it deals with physical defecnts- and not stuff like liens and variances- which the buyer should have done their own due dilligence to discover.

That's interesting. Seems like almost a "buyer beware" situation in Ohio. In Cali, that case would be won by the buyer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Within days of the Chicago Bulls unloading Luol Deng for salary-cap relief and a first-round draft pick, the All-Star forward rejected a three-year, $30 million contact extension, a league source told Yahoo Sports.

Hey Wiggy.
Hope you don't work for a research firm (and fyi--I knew from memory what he had rejected).