• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan- id glady engage you in a bet who has a more healthy season this year- Kyrie or Randle.

interested?

we can even throw Turnup and Wade into it if he wants- lol

What's the bet? Typical on here is either a 1 week avy bet or if it goes to the end of the season a "through the finals avy bet."

Why would turnup want to get in on a Wade/Kyrie bet? Wade is 34 and Turnup has repeatedly said he doesn't expect a full season from Wade. That'd be like me taking a Kyrie/Kobe health bet.

Look, I've said before, I hope you're right. I don't want to see Kyrie's suffering these injuries for his whole career. The kid is fun to watch. But even you have to admit, not finishing a season since high school has to be a concern.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the bet? Typical on here is either a 1 week avy bet or if it goes to the end of the season a "through the finals avy bet."

Why would turnup want to get in on a Wade/Kyrie bet? Wade is 34. That'd be like me taking a Kyrie/Kobe health bet.

Look, I've said before, I hope you're right. I don't want to see Kyrie's suffering these injuries for his whole career. The kid is fun to watch. But even you have to admit, not finishing a season since high school has to be a concern.
i dont understand what you mean by finishing a season- he finished the two previous seasons- and halfthe games he missed just so the Cavs would lose and get a better lotto spot- because the CAvs were being ultra careful with their "franchise".

but- obviously the bet cant be until the end of the season UNLESS one of the two sustains a season ending injury.

Lets say for the first round of the playoffs UNLESS there is a season ending injury be either- and if thats a case its for the 2 weeks after the season ending injury.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better than this?

th

Not sure what's 'better' about it.

Wade has been standing on the court in uniform after games PLAYED that resulted in 3 championships.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This true. While pretty much every other Lakers fan has said they don't like him, but would accept him on the team because he would make them instant contenders, CL is the only one that has consistently stated that he still wouldn't want him.

I think he'd try to figure out a way to erase Lebron from his t.v. when watching so he could still watch the Lakers without actually seeing Lebron. :lol:

damn, you got camera set up in my home...?:lol:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is a MODICUM of health compared to Wade- or dozens of other guys in the league.

Have u seen Rondo or Rose play? HA. give me Kyrie ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. How about Rubio's reconstructive knee surgery?

you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill here. and it all comes from pure and simple jealousy.

ah, the inevitable "jealousy" card. death, taxes, tides, etc...:pound:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe this is even a discussion. If you had to take a job opportunity and you were in your 20's, most people in this country would pick LA, NY, or Miami. I seriously can't believe this is even being debated.
I wouldn't want to live in any of these cities.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont understand what you mean by finishing a season- he finished the two previous seasons- and halfthe games he missed just so the Cavs would lose and get a better lotto spot- because the CAvs were being ultra careful with their "franchise".

but- obviously the bet cant be until the end of the season UNLESS one of the two sustains a season ending injury.

Lets say for the first round of the playoffs UNLESS there is a season ending injury be either- and if thats a case its for the 2 weeks after the season ending injury.

Season ending injury, means 2 weeks of the avy of the winners choice. If they both make it to the end of the season, the bet becomes a "push." I don't think we should include playoffs because the Lakers are unlikely to be there and even if they somehow were to make it, they won't be around as long as the Cavs.

I'd say we could count up games played, but I expect that if they both make it through the season healthy, the Cavs will start resting guys for the playoffs, while the Lakers will likely be trying to play Randle every possible minute to help him develop.

Finishing a season means just that. Being there at the end of the season. Last year is a good example. He didn't finish the season because injury ended his season before his team was done. Just his bad luck that it happened when it did.

His one year in college he played what? 11 games? That's also not finishing a season.

The guy has an injury history that so far, has proven to be problematic. Not sure how you think there shouldn't be any concern. Heck, Randle doesn't have the injury history that Kyrie has, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't watching him in the summer league and worrying that he was going to get hurt. I expect I'll be doing the same during the regular season.

Sometimes guys start out their careers with injury issues and overcome them. Steph Curry is a good example. There were all kinds of concerns over his ankles early on, but he has recovered and they no longer appear to be an issue.

Sometimes a guy with zero injury issues, suffers an injury that doesn't appear to be a big deal and it ends up being the start of career derailing issues. Andrew Bynum is a good example of that. He never had any injury issues. Then his knees started falling apart.

Which one is Kyrie? Hopefully, it'll be like Steph Curry's ankles. But if I were a Cavs fan, I'd be cringing every time he lands awkwardly or limps during a game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season ending injury, means 2 weeks of the avy of the winners choice. If they both make it to the end of the season, the bet becomes a "push." I don't think we should include playoffs because the Lakers are unlikely to be there and even if they somehow were to make it, they won't be around as long as the Cavs.

I'd say we could count up games played, but I expect that if they both make it through the season healthy, the Cavs will start resting guys for the playoffs, while the Lakers will likely be trying to play Randle every possible minute to help him develop.

Finishing a season means just that. Being there at the end of the season. Last year is a good example. He didn't finish the season because injury ended his season before his team was done. Just his bad luck that it happened when it did.

His one year in college he played what? 11 games? That's also not finishing a season.

The guy has an injury history that so far, has proven to be problematic. Not sure how you think there shouldn't be any concern. Heck, Randle doesn't have the injury history that Kyrie has, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't watching him in the summer league and worrying that he was going to get hurt. I expect I'll be doing the same during the regular season.

Sometimes guys start out their careers with injury issues and overcome them. Steph Curry is a good example. There were all kinds of concerns over his ankles early on, but he has recovered and they no longer appear to be an issue.

Sometimes a guy with zero injury issues, suffers an injury that doesn't appear to be a big deal and it ends up being the start of career derailing issues. Andrew Bynum is a good example of that. He never had any injury issues. Then his knees started falling apart.

Which one is Kyrie? Hopefully, it'll be like Steph Curry's ankles. But if I were a Cavs fan, I'd be cringing every time he lands awkwardly or limps during a game.
Sounds reasonable

And I get it to a certain degree- Kyrie in his 4 years has missed a number of games for a variety of different issues- and while none of the injuries are very threatening- can he be counted on to be healthy when needed is the issue.

The thing that I dont worry about is something serious and specific- like when Kyrie's playing- im not thinking- man- he tore his ACL- and looks like hes lost some explosiveness- i wonder if that knee will hold up. LUCKILY- that has not happened to him yet in his career.

Like i said though- a good amount of those misses- especially his first two years occured because the Cavs were being ULTRA careful with what they deemed the future of their franchise- coupled with the Cavs GM not minding if Kyrie missed a couple extra games that would give the Cavs a better chance to lose them and get a higher lotto pick.

Kyrie's injuries in the playoffs this year started with a minor injury to his right leg- but because he tried to play through it instead of resting- he over compensated and it turned into the tenditinitis in his left knee that ended up severely limiting him for the balance of the playoffs.

I also think Blatt erred in playing Kyrie top 3 minutes per game in the ENTIRE NBA last season- but the lack of a viable backup PG certainly did not help. Now with Mo, and hopefully Delly back- there will be no need to run Kyrie ragged like last year and play him top 3 minutes per game in the entire NBA.

I just hope that next year in the playoffs- if the Cavs have injuries- its just to one guy- or if its multiple -its not Love and Kyrie- and Varejao- because that is nearly impossible to overcome playing quality teams. Even if it was "just" Love that was hurt by that freak (VERY QUESTIONABLE) play by Olnyk- i think the Cavs would have had a mch better chance- as it was- without Ki AND Love ANd Varejao- its a wonder they pushed the Warriors to 6- especiall because the Warriors were the one team in teh playoffs that was pretty much entirely healthy for the whole thing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Franchise players should be leading their team to at least an 8 seed in a piss poor EC.
And, the Cavs have defied lotto odds big time, so getting a better lotto spot has meant nothing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchise players should be leading their team to at least an 8 seed in a piss poor EC.
And, the Cavs have defied lotto odds big time, so getting a better lotto spot has meant nothing.
like Durant or CP or LEBron their first two years?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like Durant or CP or LEBron their first two years?

I believe I said EC, and I agree that James was surrounded by garbage at a time when the EC wasn't near as bad as it was during Kyries first few years.
Cavs/Kyrie had NO excuse for not making the playoffs for sure 2 seasons ago, and prob the season before that.

Thing about Kyrie is, that even though he is very talented, he doesn't make the other players on the court with him any better.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds reasonable

And I get it to a certain degree- Kyrie in his 4 years has missed a number of games for a variety of different issues- and while none of the injuries are very threatening- can he be counted on to be healthy when needed is the issue.

The thing that I dont worry about is something serious and specific- like when Kyrie's playing- im not thinking- man- he tore his ACL- and looks like hes lost some explosiveness- i wonder if that knee will hold up. LUCKILY- that has not happened to him yet in his career.

Like i said though- a good amount of those misses- especially his first two years occured because the Cavs were being ULTRA careful with what they deemed the future of their franchise- coupled with the Cavs GM not minding if Kyrie missed a couple extra games that would give the Cavs a better chance to lose them and get a higher lotto pick.

Kyrie's injuries in the playoffs this year started with a minor injury to his right leg- but because he tried to play through it instead of resting- he over compensated and it turned into the tenditinitis in his left knee that ended up severely limiting him for the balance of the playoffs.

I also think Blatt erred in playing Kyrie top 3 minutes per game in the ENTIRE NBA last season- but the lack of a viable backup PG certainly did not help. Now with Mo, and hopefully Delly back- there will be no need to run Kyrie ragged like last year and play him top 3 minutes per game in the entire NBA.

I just hope that next year in the playoffs- if the Cavs have injuries- its just to one guy- or if its multiple -its not Love and Kyrie- and Varejao- because that is nearly impossible to overcome playing quality teams. Even if it was "just" Love that was hurt by that freak (VERY QUESTIONABLE) play by Olnyk- i think the Cavs would have had a mch better chance- as it was- without Ki AND Love ANd Varejao- its a wonder they pushed the Warriors to 6- especiall because the Warriors were the one team in teh playoffs that was pretty much entirely healthy for the whole thing.

Didn't read after the bolded. But bingo! Was it that hard?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you are watching LeBron in the Finals and Dan G. courtside yucking it up, do you have that picture sitting by the TV while the Heat are "gone fishing"?

Do you have one showing all the Cavs titles sitting next to you when you're watching TV?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I said EC, and I agree that James was surrounded by garbage at a time when the EC wasn't near as bad as it was during Kyries first few years.
Cavs/Kyrie had NO excuse for not making the playoffs for sure 2 seasons ago, and prob the season before that.

Thing about Kyrie is, that even though he is very talented, he doesn't make the other players on the court with him any better.
lol

no they had an excuse

MIKE BROWN. Not too mention losing the 1 year gamble on Bynum. Not too mention Dion Waiter's mental problems where he REALLY thought he was the #1 option. Im being serious- even at the start of LAST YEAR- Dion resented being behind Irving and Love as an offensive option and he reluctantly lived iwth Bron being #1...

lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you are watching LeBron in the Finals and Dan G. courtside yucking it up, do you have that picture sitting by the TV while the Heat are "gone fishing"?

LOL.
Yucking it up?
Only discussion James has with Gilbert is what he will next demand from him.

Like I asked yesterday, which one will blow first?

When the Cavs fail again next season, Gilbert will start to realize his vision is a pipe dream.