• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It's been mentioned multiple times on this forum to Cavs fans who don't buy the math...more particularly Wiggy.
of course I do not buy the math because I know how to do basic addition and subtraction.....I mean---- unless they get rid of Whiteside and Wade- or those guys take practically no money- Durant does not work.

I am sure this post will be met with face palms and denials and people ignoring it- but is the the truth. Id be happy to educate how Miami getting Durant is out and out unrealistic- but something tells me people will believe what they want to believe even if black and white facts show otherwise.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely can't wait to see how the Spurs are going to be this season, man. All they gotta do now is add a replacement for Belinelli and they should be solid. My pick for winners of this offseason. Call me biased, but I can't think of who else has had a better one.

On paper the Spurs should be excellent.....

....but on paper during the offseason the Net's looked decent after trading for KG and Piece and the Laker's looked good after trading for Nash and Howard.

I just have the feeling they are this season's "too good to be true" team and that age is going to catch up with them this season. They do now have an awesome core moving forward....but in the ultra competitive West, they are going to need Parker and Ginobli to be more than what they have been the last couple years IMO.

Of course having the best coach in the history of the sport (IMO) might help them get past even that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

....but on paper during the offseason the Net's looked decent after trading for KG and Piece and the Laker's looked good after trading for Nash and Howard.

I just have the feeling they are this season's "too good to be true" team and that age is going to catch up with them this season. They do now have an awesome core moving forward....but in the ultra competitive West, they are going to need Parker and Ginobli to be more than what they have been the last couple years IMO.
I agree with this is in a big way. The Spurs got a ridiculous effort out of Duncan- and still lost to the Clippers last year. Even with Aldridge I do not see it being close to an easy road. AT SOME POINT, Duncan will slow down- and we have already seen Parker take a step back and Ginobili pretty much has a fork sticking out of his back.

Aldridge, Green, Leonard are clearly the future their- but like the Lakers when they traded for Dwight and Nash---and like Ducky said above with the Nets- I think this team is the most likely to be really good on paper- but not deliver in the post season. - but we shall see- I am sure it will be met with a lot of discounting-

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldridge is not the same as adding 41 year old Karl Malone, 39 year old Nash, or 37 year old Garnett. Those were guys that nobody was really chasing after.
They were vets at the end of their careers going to new teams with fingers crossed.

Aldridge is a year younger than Lebron and in his absolute prime.
Every damn team that could go after him wanted him.
The SPurs were just one of about 7 teams prepared to pay LA the max money as a star player.

To compare him to the 2004 Lakers or 2014 Nets is silly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldridge is not the same as adding 41 year old Karl Malone, 39 year old Nash, or 37 year old Garnett. Those were guys that nobody was really chasing after.
They were vets at the end of their careers going to new teams with fingers crossed.

Aldridge is a year younger than Lebron and in his absolute prime.
Every damn team that could go after him wanted him.
The SPurs were just one of about 7 teams prepared to pay LA the max money as a star player.

To compare him to the 2004 Lakers or 2014 Nets is silly.

I like Aldridge a lot- he deserves to be considered one of the very best at his position and like you said- any number of teams would havep aid him the max.....

the negatives I see attached to Aldridge is that he is a guy who makes his money shooting long 2's. Again- nit picking one of the best guys in the leauge here- but I dont know if he is a guy like Duncan was- that you know will elevate his game in the playoffs and wants the ball with the game on the line.

I think that we saw some of the same out of Leonard last year in the playoffs. Leonard has not really taken that role for himself either - and it sure seems that he might not even want that role.

Duncan was still unbelievable i nthe playoffs last year- but at some point father time is undefeated- its been amazing how long Duncan has remained a truly great player. I hope LeBron gets CLOSE to the longevity Duncan has-

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course having the best coach in the history of the sport (IMO) might help them get past even that.
Never ever doubt Pop or Duncan, man. Most people have learned that by now. They're WAY different from those Nets and Lakers teams. Neither of those teams had any of the guys like the Spurs do that have been as good for as long as they have. They're just in a different league when I think about it, honestly. Not in a "they're way better than everyone else" type of way but in the way that they're always going to be there and always consistently perform well in the postseason. Can't say that about too many other teams these days. I think personally that this might be their last ride and I am seriously hoping we send Duncan out on top. Would be a great story.

I agree with this is in a big way. The Spurs got a ridiculous effort out of Duncan- and still lost to the Clippers last year. Even with Aldridge I do not see it being close to an easy road. AT SOME POINT, Duncan will slow down- and we have already seen Parker take a step back and Ginobili pretty much has a fork sticking out of his back.

Aldridge, Green, Leonard are clearly the future their- but like the Lakers when they traded for Dwight and Nash---and like Ducky said above with the Nets- I think this team is the most likely to be really good on paper- but not deliver in the post season. - but we shall see- I am sure it will be met with a lot of discounting-
I'm not saying it's going to be easy, and yeah Duncan will slow down. But with Pop being able to manage his minutes the way he does and keep Duncan fresh, while NOW having legitimate backups to keep him even more fresh, it's going to be way easier for Duncan to contribute on a consistent basis than in the last few years. Parker took a step back cause he was injured, mainly. He never fully recovered from that injury and that's why he played so badly. Ginobili...well, yeah he has regressed. He is still an incredibly intelligent player on and off of the ball but there are just way more times these days where I dread Manu getting the ball because I know he's going to do something stupid. See what I said above for them being good on paper, lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never ever doubt Pop or Duncan, man. Most people have learned that by now. They're WAY different from those Nets and Lakers teams. Neither of those teams had any of the guys like the Spurs do that have been as good for as long as they have. They're just in a different league when I think about it, honestly. Not in a "they're way better than everyone else" type of way but in the way that they're always going to be there and always consistently perform well in the postseason. Can't say that about too many other teams these days. I think personally that this might be their last ride and I am seriously hoping we send Duncan out on top. Would be a great story.

I'm not saying it's going to be easy, and yeah Duncan will slow down. But with Pop being able to manage his minutes the way he does and keep Duncan fresh, while NOW having legitimate backups to keep him even more fresh, it's going to be way easier for Duncan to contribute on a consistent basis than in the last few years. Parker took a step back cause he was injured, mainly. He never fully recovered from that injury and that's why he played so badly. Ginobili...well, yeah he has regressed. He is still an incredibly intelligent player on and off of the ball but there are just way more times these days where I dread Manu getting the ball because I know he's going to do something stupid. See what I said above for them being good on paper, lol.
IF I am the Spurs I think the most important thing is to see a Kawhi Leonard who is ready to take on the responsibility of being a star- and I think he fell short of that last year.

The Spurs are not exactly the most athletic team in the league outsideof Leonard- and Leonard seemed tentative at times. Now- the Spurs are 1 of 4 teams that I think have the best chance to win it all (OKC, GSW and CLEV being the other 3)- but in order to do so- and get out of the excruciating West- Leonard needs to step up I think. Aldridge is a great player- but I dont see him being THE GUY ...and like u said- maybe Duncan still can be- i mean - he was GREAT against the Clips- but he is now what? almost 40?....

When you get to the Spurs or cavs or okc or gsw level--- its about another level of scrutiny- about winning it all- the Spurs are a great team and figure to be great...but right now id pick OKC over them in the West if I ahd a gun to my head....but we shallsee.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF I am the Spurs I think the most important thing is to see a Kawhi Leonard who is ready to take on the responsibility of being a star- and I think he fell short of that last year.

The Spurs are not exactly the most athletic team in the league outsideof Leonard- and Leonard seemed tentative at times. Now- the Spurs are 1 of 4 teams that I think have the best chance to win it all (OKC, GSW and CLEV being the other 3)- but in order to do so- and get out of the excruciating West- Leonard needs to step up I think. Aldridge is a great player- but I dont see him being THE GUY ...and like u said- maybe Duncan still can be- i mean - he was GREAT against the Clips- but he is now what? almost 40?....

When you get to the Spurs or cavs or okc or gsw level--- its about another level of scrutiny- about winning it all- the Spurs are a great team and figure to be great...but right now id pick OKC over them in the West if I ahd a gun to my head....but we shallsee.
Well to be honest, most people would pick OKC just because they're younger and they're just the popular pick. I don't think that's fair, but hey, it's what you get with being a Spurs fan. Leonard player VERY well this past season and really showed up when he needed to. He didn't play that well early in the first round though, and that may have costed them a chance to move to the second round.

I believe more that they give him the reigns (which i see happening quite soon,) he will break out and become the player we all know he has the potential to be. Aldridge isn't going to be THE GUY, but I'm not sure many people really expected him to be with the way the Spurs play basketball. I'm not sure you have to be athletic to even win in the NBA, honestly. Not if you're the Spurs. Athleticism didn't effect them against the Clippers, and I really thought it would.

Just guess we gotta wait and see, lol. Always fun to talk about what could happen, though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for Wiggy to explain how 11 ppg in 16 mpg on a high shooting percentage is beyond awful.....but jr 11 on 12 ppg in 20+ min on barely 40 percent shooting is good
REAL REAL EASY man....

Did you see his numbers in the playoffs? when it mattered for Dallas? why they dealt for him?

5 games .429 shooting (which is SO FREAKING BAD for a PF that its ridiculous), 7.8 pts, 3.2 rebounds

Amare is finished.

He cant play D

and he cant do much of anything offensively anymore-

still boggles my mind a PF who is supposed to be an offensive asset shooting less than 43% in the playoffs when it mattered.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested to see how Aldridge and Duncan play together. Duncan can play with anyone but it seems like they are the same player, except Duncan plays better D. They dont have a true center, but Pop makes anything work.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought their bench was better the last couple years honestly. They only have one guard behind Green, Manu, if I am correct. It seems like the depth is still very good but it lacks at certain positions with either inexperience or age. Age will catch up eventually especially with Parker and Manu, already has with Manu. Duncan is a freak but if he has to play more minutes then he has it could get rough late in the year.

With that being said, I still predict the Spurs to get the #1

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought their bench was better the last couple years honestly. They only have one guard behind Green, Manu, if I am correct. It seems like the depth is still very good but it lacks at certain positions with either inexperience or age. Age will catch up eventually especially with Parker and Manu, already has with Manu. Duncan is a freak but if he has to play more minutes then he has it could get rough late in the year.
That's why I said they've made it easier on Duncan, getting West and Aldridge and already having Diaw. They also signed a 7'4", 290 pound center if they need to use him. Only position I'm worried about depth-wise is the SG position. They have Mills and McCallum to back up Parker. All they have backing up Green is Manu. They have said recently that they know they have to fill that spot, and I believe they'll do it. Just not sure with who. Heard they might be working out with John Jenkins. I'd like him. Solid shooter to replace Belinelli.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REAL REAL EASY man....

Did you see his numbers in the playoffs? when it mattered for Dallas? why they dealt for him?

5 games .429 shooting (which is SO FREAKING BAD for a PF that its ridiculous), 7.8 pts, 3.2 rebounds

Amare is finished.

He cant play D

and he cant do much of anything offensively anymore-

still boggles my mind a PF who is supposed to be an offensive asset shooting less than 43% in the playoffs when it mattered.

So you're using a 5 game sample size over nearly a 30 game sample size? That's really dumb. He can't do much offensively but somehow managed to avg 11 PPG in 16 MPG on nearly 60% shooting?

Shit happens in the playoffs. Lebron who is one of the most efficient players in the game had several series where he shot way below his season avg.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More often than not, the Spurs have delivered in the playoffs. Not sure where you get the idea that they won't deliver. The Clippers played a nearly perfect series. Hard to discount a core roster that has won championships together. Never count out the Spurs. We've all learned our lessons.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leonard was the Finals MVP in 2014 and slowed Lebron down enough to where he couldn't get others involved in that series. This idea that he needs to step up and be the man is ridiculous. He's been doing that for the last couple of years now. Late to the party again I see.