• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs had the best offseason. I think Miami is number 2. Getting LA and David West at a 10 million discount is just hard to ignore. Do they win the West? Who knows. The West has about 6-7 teams I could see winning the title.. the East maybe 2. But more than likely just one.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REAL REAL EASY man....

Did you see his numbers in the playoffs? when it mattered for Dallas? why they dealt for him?

5 games .429 shooting (which is SO FREAKING BAD for a PF that its ridiculous), 7.8 pts, 3.2 rebounds

Amare is finished.

He cant play D

and he cant do much of anything offensively anymore-

still boggles my mind a PF who is supposed to be an offensive asset shooting less than 43% in the playoffs when it mattered.

Funny, 'playoff numbers when it matters', coming from a Cavs who has his team penciled in the next 5 Finals.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course I do not buy the math because I know how to do basic addition and subtraction.....I mean---- unless they get rid of Whiteside and Wade- or those guys take practically no money- Durant does not work.

I am sure this post will be met with face palms and denials and people ignoring it- but is the the truth. Id be happy to educate how Miami getting Durant is out and out unrealistic- but something tells me people will believe what they want to believe even if black and white facts show otherwise.

I'll give you the face palms for the preseason 70 win predictions, etc..

As far as the Heats ability to sign Durant, IF he wants to be here, he'll be here.
That's about as sure of a thing as knowing you have to pay taxes and someday you'll die.

The more you question Riley/Arison, you more worried/desperate you come across.

I'd love to see your chicken scratch sheets of paper trying to allocate the Heats payroll next year.

Can you take a pic and post it?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you the face palms for the preseason 70 win predictions, etc..

As far as the Heats ability to sign Durant, IF he wants to be here, he'll be here.
That's about as sure of a thing as knowing you have to pay taxes and someday you'll die.

The more you question Riley/Arison, you more worried/desperate you come across.

I'd love to see your chicken scratch sheets of paper trying to allocate the Heats payroll next year.

Can you take a pic and post it?

I can't find the article, but there's a way that the Heat would be able to re-sign Whiteside and Wade while also signing Durant. It's complicated, and involve some trades that deal with McRoberts, but it's definitely doable since Winslow, Bosh, and Dragic are the only ones on contract for the 2016 season outside of McRoberts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A said the Heat and Cavs are on a collision course for the ECF and said the lineup pose the same issue that the Spurs would pose for the Cavs. Skip is impressed how the Heat can go 10 deep

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A said the Heat and Cavs are on a collision course for the ECF and said the lineup pose the same issue that the Spurs would pose for the Cavs. Skip is impressed how the Heat can go 10 deep

I saw that as well. On paper, the Heat look pretty damn good. But they have to stay healthy. That was the story last season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that as well. On paper, the Heat look pretty damn good. But they have to stay healthy. That was the story last season.

Yep biggest thing for us. As I said on the Heat team board if they stay healthy enough there is no reason why they shouldn't be a 48-53 win team and a top 3 seed in the East

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More often than not, the Spurs have delivered in the playoffs. Not sure where you get the idea that they won't deliver. The Clippers played a nearly perfect series. Hard to discount a core roster that has won championships together. Never count out the Spurs. We've all learned our lessons.

don't get ANY truer than this. lol man, but I hate those guys...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard was the Finals MVP in 2014 and slowed Lebron down enough to where he couldn't get others involved in that series. This idea that he needs to step up and be the man is ridiculous. He's been doing that for the last couple of years now. Late to the party again I see.

anyone actually WATCHING the games knows this. so no surprise Wiggy missed out...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you guys at least on paper look good...

we'll see if you can give BronBron and his merry men a run for their money, though...

also DEFNITELY agree with the health thing. maybe Spo should take a page outta Pop's book about managing minutes...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys at least on paper look good...

we'll see if you can give BronBron and his merry men a run for their money, though...

also DEFNITELY agree with the health thing. maybe Spo should take a page outta Pop's book about managing minutes...

IMO, this is Spo's true evaluation. His most consistent flaw is his unwillingness to adjust his rotations. It's always like clockwork, on the Heat board we can call the substitution patterns before they happen. There's a couple of wildcards heading into this season for the Heat:

1) Stay healthy
2) How will players be able to adjust and play into the new faster offense.
3) Will the Heat be able to adjust to the new players and get their chemistry in sync?

Also, Napier's been playing decent this summer league as opposed to last season. His jump shot still needs work, but his overall play is better than last season. Honestly, I'd like to see him take over for Rio at some point.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Duncan has already slowed down tremendously... Go watch Prime Duncan, the guy currently wearing 21 for the Spurs isn't in his class as a player. Current Duncan just picks and chooses his spots.

People are waiting for a hard fall and I don't see it coming. That usually only happens to the really athletic guys like Steve Francis. If I'm not mistaken even Garnett, who relied on more on his athleticism than Duncan, aged fairly well until he got hurt. Since Popovich does well to manage Duncan's minutes along with the additions of Aldridge and West, I don't see Duncan wearing down to the point of being useless.

The Spurs play a team oriented game unlike the high payroll Nets, with a ball dominant back court, or the failed Lakers experiment that was never really healthy to begin with. I don't think Spurs fans are worried about too good to be true. Besides Kidd, who could be great, and D'Antoni are not even in the same coaching stratosphere as Popovich.

Regarding the Heat
About Amare... He's coming off the bench behind Bosh and Whiteside along with McRoberts. If he isn't worth a damn who cares? It's not like he's taking up payroll. He can't be any less effective than Mike Miller and Shawn Marion. Worst case he doesn't play/gets cut, best case he averages between 8-11 points... The only reality where signing Amare is a bad decision is the one where you expect him to play starters minutes.

I understand why LeBron fans are undermining the Heat. If they meet a healthy Heat squad in the playoffs, then LeBron is going to lose in 6 games... TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Duncan has already slowed down tremendously... Go watch Prime Duncan, the guy currently wearing 21 for the Spurs isn't in his class as a player. Current Duncan just picks and chooses his spots.

People are waiting for a hard fall and I don't see it coming. That usually only happens to the really athletic guys like Steve Francis. If I'm not mistaken even Garnett, who relied on more on his athleticism than Duncan, aged fairly well until he got hurt. Since Popovich does well to manage Duncan's minutes along with the additions of Aldridge and West, I don't see Duncan wearing down to the point of being useless.

The Spurs play a team oriented game unlike the high payroll Nets, with a ball dominant back court, or the failed Lakers experiment that was never really healthy to begin with. I don't think Spurs fans are worried about too good to be true. Besides Kidd, who could be great, and D'Antoni are not even in the same coaching stratosphere as Popovich.

Regarding the Heat
About Amare... He's coming off the bench behind Bosh and Whiteside along with McRoberts. If he isn't worth a damn who cares? It's not like he's taking up payroll. He can't be any less effective than Mike Miller and Shawn Marion. Worst case he doesn't play/gets cut, best case he averages between 8-11 points... The only reality where signing Amare is a bad decision is the one where you expect him to play starters minutes.

I understand why LeBron fans are undermining the Heat. If they meet a healthy Heat squad in the playoffs, then LeBron is going to lose in 6 games... TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.

So who are you and when are you submitting your application for favorite poster? More posts!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More often than not, the Spurs have delivered in the playoffs. Not sure where you get the idea that they won't deliver. The Clippers played a nearly perfect series. Hard to discount a core roster that has won championships together. Never count out the Spurs. We've all learned our lessons.

Let me preface this by saying that the level of consistency the Spurs have played with over the last 18 years cannot be overstated. They are far and away the golden standard of the past 2 decades. And let me also say that I think the current Spurs with a developing Leonard and now Aldridge might just be the most talented ever.

Now then... I just wanted to point out that while the Spurs always deliver in the regular season (50+ wins in every season in the last 18 years).... the do not always deliver in the playoffs. Not even more often than not. In fact, they disappoint in the playoffs just as often as they deliver.

In Popovich's 18 years as Head coach... they have lost in the 1st or 2nd round 9 times.... 6 of those coming against a team with the same or worse record as them... and 8 of them were considered to be an upset. (Only non-upset was the first year losing to Malone & Stockton)

Last 18 years
2nd Rnd (56 Wins)
Finals
1st Rnd (53 Wins)
WCF
2nd Rnd (58 Wins)
Finals
2nd Rnd (57 Wins)
Finals
2nd Rnd (63 Wins)
Finals
WCF
1st Rnd (54 Wins)
2nd Rnd (50 Wins)
1st Rnd (61 Wins)
WCF
Finals
Finals
1st Rnd (55 Wins)

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldridge is not the same as adding 41 year old Karl Malone, 39 year old Nash, or 37 year old Garnett. Those were guys that nobody was really chasing after.
They were vets at the end of their careers going to new teams with fingers crossed.

Aldridge is a year younger than Lebron and in his absolute prime.
Every damn team that could go after him wanted him.
The SPurs were just one of about 7 teams prepared to pay LA the max money as a star player.

To compare him to the 2004 Lakers or 2014 Nets is silly.

Alderidge isn't old....it's the rest of the team.

In the Western conference you need more than Aldridge, Leonard and Duncan and a good bench. The Spurs are going to need Parker to look more like the 2012 version than the 2014 version IMO. Ginobli there is no hope for anymore....he is what he is at this point (an over the hill SG who can still give you a decent 20 minutes). Without Parker looking like he did 2 years ago, the Spurs just don't have enough. In years past that might have been enough but now (on paper of course) a team like GS has a better top 3 and a better bench if Parker looks like he did last year.

And also remember that while Alderidge isn't old, he isn't young either. He'll be on the wrong side of 30 after this coming Sunday. We have probably seen his best at this point.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Western conference you need more than Aldridge, Leonard and Duncan and a good bench

If the Spurs need more than this.... I am guessing 60 wins will miss the playoffs in the West.

I wasnt aware that every team played 5 allstar starters in the West, and brought 3 allstars off the bench.

You are seriously over-rating the Western Teams.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface this by saying that the level of consistency the Spurs have played with over the last 18 years cannot be overstated. They are far and away the golden standard of the past 2 decades. And let me also say that I think the current Spurs with a developing Leonard and now Aldridge might just be the most talented ever.

Now then... I just wanted to point out that while the Spurs always deliver in the regular season (50+ wins in every season in the last 18 years).... the do not always deliver in the playoffs. Not even more often than not. In fact, they disappoint in the playoffs just as often as they deliver.

In Popovich's 18 years as Head coach... they have lost in the 1st or 2nd round 9 times.... 6 of those coming against a team with the same or worse record as them... and 8 of them were considered to be an upset. (Only non-upset was the first year losing to Malone & Stockton)

Last 18 years
2nd Rnd (56 Wins)
Finals
1st Rnd (53 Wins)
WCF
2nd Rnd (58 Wins)
Finals
2nd Rnd (57 Wins)
Finals
2nd Rnd (63 Wins)
Finals
WCF
1st Rnd (54 Wins)
2nd Rnd (50 Wins)
1st Rnd (61 Wins)
WCF
Finals
Finals
1st Rnd (55 Wins)

Ok, who has delivered more in the playoffs during this same time frame?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alderidge isn't old....it's the rest of the team.

In the Western conference you need more than Aldridge, Leonard and Duncan and a good bench. The Spurs are going to need Parker to look more like the 2012 version than the 2014 version IMO. Ginobli there is no hope for anymore....he is what he is at this point (an over the hill SG who can still give you a decent 20 minutes). Without Parker looking like he did 2 years ago, the Spurs just don't have enough. In years past that might have been enough but now (on paper of course) a team like GS has a better top 3 and a better bench if Parker looks like he did last year.

And also remember that while Alderidge isn't old, he isn't young either. He'll be on the wrong side of 30 after this coming Sunday. We have probably seen his best at this point.

The rest of the team isn't old. Manu and Tim are old. That's it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find the article, but there's a way that the Heat would be able to re-sign Whiteside and Wade while also signing Durant. It's complicated, and involve some trades that deal with McRoberts, but it's definitely doable since Winslow, Bosh, and Dragic are the only ones on contract for the 2016 season outside of McRoberts.
Just for your information here

Next year the salary cap is supposedly 90M. A player at the stage of his career like Durant - a max salary is 1/3 the cap- ya still with me? --- 1/3 of 90? is? GOOD JOB!!! 30M

2016/17

Bosh 24M
Dragic 18M
Winslow 3M
McRoberts 6M

SO- JUST THOSE guys = 51M

you DO NOT have Whiteside's Bird rights- he becomes unrestricted after this year
Wade is also unrestricted

Simple arithmetic here.

How does that work?

How do you fit Whiteside, Durant and Wade into 39M in cap space- or lets say you get someone to take McRoberts contract even though he is coming off major surgery- which is unlikely unless you tie an asset to him- of which you dont have any draft picks since you dont have any 1st rounders to trade. ----- lets just say McRoberts could MAGICALLY be amnestied-

so now you have 45M to split up between Wade, Whiteside, Durant

Whiteside- if he is as good as I think he will be- will certainly be better than Robin Lopez who just got almost 14M a year. Now- if he is what the lemming Heat fans believe- will be "the most dominant center in the league" what will he command as an UNRESTRICTED free agent? When a max contract for a player of his service time is 25% of the cap (or 22.5M).

As I said- Durant will be eligible for 33% of the cap- or 30M dollars- ya think he is taking a steep discount on that?

And Wade- you think Wade is taking a discount? HA- there were rumors of him leaving this year until he got 20M

So please- someone that understands the cap better than me- please tell me how realistically- Durant will be a member of the Heat?

Since the only way I see it happening is if Bosh is dealt, or Dragic is dealt- or Whiteside and Wade just dont come back.-- which at that point- GO play in washington with ACTUAL STARS in their primes in Wall and Beale.--- or better yet- STAY in OKC with RW, Ibaka, Kanter

Last edited: