• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs had the best offseason. I think Miami is number 2. Getting LA and David West at a 10 million discount is just hard to ignore. Do they win the West? Who knows. The West has about 6-7 teams I could see winning the title.. the East maybe 2. But more than likely just one.

As far as I can tell- the only changes Miami made so far are bringing in Green and Amare which obviously does not get them close to #2. If you are counting re-signings as "improving"- which I personally think is completely assinine- but if you are doing so- no one had a better off season than the Cavs resigning LeBron James and Kevin Love- without even mentioning Mo Williams or anything else they might do.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for your information here

Next year the salary cap is supposedly 90M. A player at the stage of his career like Durant - a max salary is 1/3 the cap- ya still with me? --- 1/3 of 90? is? GOOD JOB!!! 30M

2016/17

Bosh 24M
Dragic 18M
Winslow 3M
McRoberts 6M

SO- JUST THOSE guys = 51M

you DO NOT have Whiteside's Bird rights- he becomes unrestricted after this year
Wade is also unrestricted

Simple arithmetic here.

How does that work?

How do you fit Whiteside, Durant and Wade into 39M in cap space- or lets say you get someone to take McRoberts contract even though he is coming off major surgery- which is unlikely unless you tie an asset to him- of which you dont have any draft picks since you dont have any 1st rounders to trade. ----- lets just say McRoberts could MAGICALLY be amnestied-

so now you have 45M to split up between Wade, Whiteside, Durant

Whiteside- if he is as good as I think he will be- will certainly be better than Robin Lopez who just got almost 14M a year. Now- if he is what the lemming Heat fans believe- will be "the most dominant center in the league" what will he command as an UNRESTRICTED free agent? When a max contract for a player of his service time is 25% of the cap (or 22.5M).

As I said- Durant will be eligible for 33% of the cap- or 30M dollars- ya think he is taking a steep discount on that?

And Wade- you think Wade is taking a discount? HA- there were rumors of him leaving this year until he got 20M

So please- someone that understands the cap better than me- please tell me how realistically- Durant will be a member of the Heat?

Since the only way I see it happening is if Bosh is dealt, or Dragic is dealt- or Whiteside and Wade just dont come back.-- which at that point- GO play in washington with ACTUAL STARS in their primes in Wall and Beale.--- or better yet- STAY in OKC with RW, Ibaka, Kanter

Like I said, there's an article that details how this *could* work out. Maybe it involves Durant sacrificing a couple million on the table. But he'd lose that in Washington (or a significant portion) anyways given the high state tax over there. Point being, Miami did this before with Bosh and Lebron. Not saying it's going to happen, but you never know. Also, Wade wanted some of the money back that he gave up over his career, Miami helped take care of that. I'm not a fortune teller, I have no idea what's going to happen.

Also, try not to be a condescending dick, and then act like you have sand in your vagina when we laugh at your expense. This is why we treat you the way we do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, there's an article that details how this *could* work out. Maybe it involves Durant sacrificing a couple million on the table. But he'd lose that in Washington (or a significant portion) anyways given the high state tax over there. Point being, Miami did this before with Bosh and Lebron. Not saying it's going to happen, but you never know. Also, Wade wanted some of the money back that he gave up over his career, Miami helped take care of that. I'm not a fortune teller, I have no idea what's going to happen.

Also, try not to be a condescending dick, and then act like you have sand in your vagina when we laugh at your expense. This is why we treat you the way we do.
just as i suspected- ignores the numbers- and yada-yada's- well- we will get it to work somehow.

smh :tsk:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backup point guard job unsettled for Miami Heat | Miami Herald Miami Herald

Mario Chalmers: The Miami Heat want to cut their tax bill, so they will continue to shop the backup guard and his $4.3 million salary for the coming season, reports The Miami Herald.

If Chalmers makes it to training camp with the Heat, he would be the obvious choice to back up Dragic. But Miami continues to explore trading him; his $4.3 million salary could result in a tax bill three times that amount, depending on the Heat’s final payroll number.

A team’s tax obligation is based on the roster on the final day of the regular season, but Miami appears interested in dealing a player or two as soon as something presents itself, according to a league official who has spoken to the Heat.

Read more here: Backup point guard job unsettled for Miami Heat | Miami Herald Miami Herald

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what would you expect Whiteside will get offered in free agency?- Like I said- Robin Lopez got 13.5M- this year- when not NEARLY as many teams had cap space as will practically EVERYONE next year.

In a market where practically everyone has cap room- and the max Whiteside could get paid is 22.5M- what do you think he will make?--- im curious.

My guess? ---- well- obviously if he acts like a crazy person as he has in the past- he will obviously not get much-

if he behaves and plays LIKE I THINK he will play?- something like 13 pts. 10 rebounds and 2.5 blocks? Id say he gets AT LEAST 16M- I mean- shit Kanter just got 17.5 and he plays ZERO defense. In that market where tons of teams will have money and there are a limited amount of above average NBA players avaliable- I think Whiteside- IF HE BEHAVES- could get 18-20M - if he is just 13 and 10 and 2.5.

Wade? I dont see Wade taking less than 15M under any circumstances- and even then thats only 17% of the cap----- If some team strikes out on other guys- and Wade is still out there- do I think a team like Brooklyn, or NYK, or any number of teams could offer Wade 2 years 40 million?-- I think that is absolutely possible

and it comes back to why I think the Cavs were smart to do their business this offseason. This offseason the cap is 70M. There were limited amount of teams with cap space.

Next year- the cap is 90M and just about EVERYONE will have cap space- it does not take an economics degree to deduce that the limited supply of players are going to be huge beneficiaries of everyone having cap room.

Especially the Irving and Love deals- I mean- 18M a year and 22M a year average are going to look VERY good when guys who are much less talented and accomplished will receive much more money next offseason.

Its why- while I dont think Dragic is an elite point guard by any stretch of the imagination- giving him about 18M a year is not a bad investment at all considering I think guys will be getting paid a lot more very soon.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Report: Miami Heat Targeting Kevin Durant in 2016 CBS Miami

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the team isn't old. Manu and Tim are old. That's it.

Did you see Parker play last season?

Maybe he has a bounce back year....but he looked OLD last year.

Two years ago Parker was getting MVP votes. Last season he was a below average PG in this league. IMO SA NEEDS him to look like a lot like the 2012 version if they have any shot this year of contending for a title or else they are another middle of the pack playoff team no different than a team like Memphis.

Alderidge is a really good basketball player....but he isn't a gigantic difference maker. He is a Chris Bosh type of player that is solid but not a true NBA star that really takes a team to the next level.

They will still be a really good team....but not a team that really has a good chance of advancing thru the meat grinder that will be the Western conference playoff bracket. Not unless Parker just had a down year last year and can bounce back.

That's my opinion anyway.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see Parker play last season?

Maybe he has a bounce back year....but he looked OLD last year.

The last time SA won the title Parker was getting MVP votes. Last season he was a below average PG in this league. IMO SA NEEDS him to look like a lot like the 2012 version if they have any shot this year of contending for a title or else they are another middle of the pack playoff team no different than a team like Memphis.

Alderidge is a really good basketball player....but he isn't a gigantic difference maker. He is a Chris Bosh type of player that is solid but not a true NBA star that really takes a team to the next level.

They will still be a really good team....but not a team that really has a good chance of advancing thru the meat grinder that will be the Western conference playoff bracket. Not unless Parker just had a down year last year and can bounce back.
I agree. Although- Ducky- what Popovich said I think is true- in that- if Parker has permenatently taken a step back- than Leonard may have to be the one to establish himself as a go-to offensive guy.

Of course these guys above twisted my words when I spoke about Leonard- I REALIZE he was the Finals MVP- yah- i do---- what POPOVICH said after the Clips series is that Leonard needs to have the attitude of he is the man- and go out and possibly be able to get 30.

I think its MORE likely that next level the Spurs lacked against the Clips is filled by Leonard taking a step up- then it is by Parker regaining his form- which- I just dont think PArker is the guy he was 5 years ago who was lightning fast- still a great mid range game that he developed- but thats like Aldridge too- mid range jump shooters.

The Spurs need that athlete that can get to the rim and take over games- and I dont think thats Parker anymore- if its coming from anyone it has to be Leonard in my estimation- and it seemed like Pop thought so too in his comments after the Clips loss.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can tell- the only changes Miami made so far are bringing in Green and Amare which obviously does not get them close to #2. If you are counting re-signings as "improving"- which I personally think is completely assinine- but if you are doing so- no one had a better off season than the Cavs resigning LeBron James and Kevin Love- without even mentioning Mo Williams or anything else they might do.

So, you don't think it's important that they will now have a full training camp and preseason to work together?

You don't think it's important that Spoesltra can now design an offense based to the strengths of the players?

IMO, today the EC should be seeded:

1.Cavs
2.Bulls
3/4 Heat or Hawks.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Leonard is he is capable of getting 30. He isnt a great scorer but he could be a very good scorer. I just dont think it has been his mentality ever really. I dont know about high school but he has always been a great defender and all-around player but he wont be a consistent great scorer---kind of like a Pippen, not yet to his level but he can do the same things. He needs to take the next step. IMO he is the leader of this team, not Aldridge.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for your information here

Next year the salary cap is supposedly 90M. A player at the stage of his career like Durant - a max salary is 1/3 the cap- ya still with me? --- 1/3 of 90? is? GOOD JOB!!! 30M

2016/17

Bosh 24M
Dragic 18M
Winslow 3M
McRoberts 6M

SO- JUST THOSE guys = 51M

you DO NOT have Whiteside's Bird rights- he becomes unrestricted after this year
Wade is also unrestricted

Simple arithmetic here.

How does that work?

How do you fit Whiteside, Durant and Wade into 39M in cap space- or lets say you get someone to take McRoberts contract even though he is coming off major surgery- which is unlikely unless you tie an asset to him- of which you dont have any draft picks since you dont have any 1st rounders to trade. ----- lets just say McRoberts could MAGICALLY be amnestied-

so now you have 45M to split up between Wade, Whiteside, Durant

Whiteside- if he is as good as I think he will be- will certainly be better than Robin Lopez who just got almost 14M a year. Now- if he is what the lemming Heat fans believe- will be "the most dominant center in the league" what will he command as an UNRESTRICTED free agent? When a max contract for a player of his service time is 25% of the cap (or 22.5M).

As I said- Durant will be eligible for 33% of the cap- or 30M dollars- ya think he is taking a steep discount on that?

And Wade- you think Wade is taking a discount? HA- there were rumors of him leaving this year until he got 20M

So please- someone that understands the cap better than me- please tell me how realistically- Durant will be a member of the Heat?

Since the only way I see it happening is if Bosh is dealt, or Dragic is dealt- or Whiteside and Wade just dont come back.-- which at that point- GO play in washington with ACTUAL STARS in their primes in Wall and Beale.--- or better yet- STAY in OKC with RW, Ibaka, Kanter

So once again Wiggy thinks he's smarter then Riley and Elisburg, 2 of the best of all time at what they do.

No Heat fan says Durant wants to be here because nobody but Durant knows what's inside his head, but IF he wants to come here or I'd say anywhere else, that team can and will find a way.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So once again Wiggy thinks he's smarter then Riley and Elisburg, 2 of the best of all time at what they do.

No Heat fan says Durant wants to be here because nobody but Durant knows what's inside his head, but IF he wants to come here or I'd say anywhere else, that team can and will find a way.

It's also funny how he predicts what Wade's going to do. Wade did what I expected him to do, signed a 1-year max deal. If there's an opportunity to get Durant, he *may* sacrifice on a financial level. For any other player though, he'd probably tell them to kick rocks.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Leonard is he is capable of getting 30. He isnt a great scorer but he could be a very good scorer. I just dont think it has been his mentality ever really. I dont know about high school but he has always been a great defender and all-around player but he wont be a consistent great scorer---kind of like a Pippen, not yet to his level but he can do the same things. He needs to take the next step. IMO he is the leader of this team, not Aldridge.

Leonard plays within the system that the Spurs have. I don't think one Spurs player sans Duncan, even was considered for the all-star team. He's got a high ceiling, is uber athletic, and one of the best defenders in the league. You don't see him putting up all-star numbers on the offensive end given those reasons.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

did you read any cap specifics?

This isnt my opinion you crackpot.

Those are black and white figures. I think that is a fundamental road block in your head. I AM not saying it would be impossible for the HEat to sign Durant without Either A. losing a lot of their team or B. Guys taking huge huge discounts.

Its the numbers.

Unless you think I am just fabricating the numbers- then i mean - lol- believe whatever you want to believe.

But the numbers are correct and they tell the story better than I ever could.

Durant will be eligible- because of his service time- for a max contract that is 30% of the cap

The HEat do NOT have Whiteside's Bird Rights- and he will be eligible for a max contract of 25% of the cap- or about 22.5M--- and seriously - if he is what YOU YOURSELF-have said - "the most dominant center in the game possibly"- and guys like Greg Monroe are getting about 19M a year- ---when ALL those teams next year have cap room- you do not think Whiteside- "possibly the most dominant center in the league"- will get a Max offer?-- LETS just say instead of 22 million its 18 million

Bosh 24
Whiteside 18
Dragic 19
Winslow 3

= 64M- and thats if you let Wade walk and have a completely blank roster.

buy yah- its ME saying Durant has no chance to come to Miami because I am a hater.

It has NOTHINg to do with the actual figures and numbers that anyone who can do simple math can digest.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you read any cap specifics?

This isnt my opinion you crackpot.

Those are black and white figures. I think that is a fundamental road block in your head. I AM not saying it would be impossible for the HEat to sign Durant without Either A. losing a lot of their team or B. Guys taking huge huge discounts.

Its the numbers.

Unless you think I am just fabricating the numbers- then i mean - lol- believe whatever you want to believe.

But the numbers are correct and they tell the story better than I ever could.

Durant will be eligible- because of his service time- for a max contract that is 30% of the cap

The HEat do NOT have Whiteside's Bird Rights- and he will be eligible for a max contract of 25% of the cap- or about 22.5M--- and seriously - if he is what YOU YOURSELF-have said - "the most dominant center in the game possibly"- and guys like Greg Monroe are getting about 19M a year- ---when ALL those teams next year have cap room- you do not think Whiteside- "possibly the most dominant center in the league"- will get a Max offer?-- LETS just say instead of 22 million its 18 million

Bosh 24
Whiteside 18
Dragic 19
Winslow 3

= 64M- and thats if you let Wade walk and have a completely blank roster.

buy yah- its ME saying Durant has no chance to come to Miami because I am a hater.

It has NOTHINg to do with the actual figures and numbers that anyone who can do simple math can digest.

Well.....just about every media outlet is aware that there's a chance that Durant could come to Miami. The same media that you try to back when it favors your arguments. Who says Whiteside gets $18 mil to?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Larry's about to scare off their only player left.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you don't think it's important that they will now have a full training camp and preseason to work together?

You don't think it's important that Spoesltra can now design an offense based to the strengths of the players?

IMO, today the EC should be seeded:

1.Cavs
2.Bulls
3/4 Heat or Hawks.

The EC is two teams: The Cav's and the Bulls.

After that there is a lump of teams that all are about the same when trying to project the conference. Indiana/Wash/Toronto/Atlanta/Miami are all the same at this point: Far from great teams that have very little chance of taking a step towards being an elite team but should all make the playoffs in the Eastern conference.

The Bucks might even belong in that list but I need to see just a little more of them to put them there.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.....just about every media outlet is aware that there's a chance that Durant could come to Miami. The same media that you try to back when it favors your arguments. Who says Whiteside gets $18 mil to?

If he plays exactly like he did last year, he will get that much. Only a disappointing season will keep him from approaching max dollars.

Centers get PAID!