• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Heat will have to pay Whiteside or he will walk.

You think the Lakers/Blazers would hesitate giving him the max?

But, he has to produce first.

Half a Season of good play does not a max player make....

Unless you are Enes Kanter...lol

hilarious THAT cat is getting max money...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to premature for me to look at numbers, but I thought this was the exact reason they wanted Wade off the books?

They do have full Birds rights on him, so if he waits to sign, and then they are willing to pay taxes, I don't see what's stopping them.

cap hold dumbass.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and where did "Rileys knack for the home run" leave you this year? LOL

sometimes ya just strike out! and sometimes you never get the chance to bat

hahaha.....

"way to premature to look at numbers"- says the guy in denial. ITs all their black and white.

if this season when the Cavs are kicking your ass and stomping on your throat- you need to keep telling yourself- "Durant is coming" to make yourself feel better- than you do what you gotta do.

Its NOT too premature to look at the numbers. They are all right there in simple black and white for anyone who can do simple addition and subtraction.

There is no possible way the Heat are getting Kevin Durant.

OKC or Washington- and at least in Washington he would be playing with 2 stars either in or entering their primes- instead of guys who are doing nothing but aging and regressing in Miami.

You simply are moronic.
Riley's the man who got the Big 3 here for 4 years all at a discounted rate.
You're owner is the puppet paying twice face value.

There's ways to create/clear space if needed.
I already mentioned the Wade scenario.

To worry about it today, or before you see how this season plays out, or see what Durant is even thinking is why it's a waste of time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cap hold dumbass.
In case you need some educating:

What the heck is a Cap Hold?
A Cap Hold is loose terminology that refers to either:

• Incomplete roster charge
  • Team Salary charge for unsigned First Round Draft Picks
  • Team Salary charge for "Free Agent Amounts"
The purpose for a Cap Hold is to close a loophole in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The CBA affords a team exceptions to certain Free Agents that allows the team to exceed the Salary Cap in order to sign said Free Agent. Before Cap Holds were in place, it made sense for teams to sign as many other Free Agents up until they reached the Salary Cap and then sign their own Free Agents using exceptions.

This scenario defeated the purpose of having a Salary Cap, so the solution the Owners came up with was to put a charge for each Free Agent a team has. The Cap Hold for each Free Agent is loosely based off of the maximum amount said team would be expected to sign their Free Agent for

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You simply are moronic.
Riley's the man who got the Big 3 here for 4 years all at a discounted rate.
You're owner is the puppet paying twice face value.

There's ways to create/clear space if needed.
I already mentioned the Wade scenario.

To worry about it today, or before you see how this season plays out, or see what Durant is even thinking is why it's a waste of time.
caphold dumbass

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cap hold dumbass.

Right, and I'm sure Riley and Elisberg don't know that?

Jesus, you're a fake douche wanna be attorney on a sports thread who everyone laughs at.
You're entitled to your opinion, but it's just that.
The Heat know exactly how to handle any situation that they are hoping is in their future, if the opportunity arises.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and I'm sure Riley and Elisberg don't know that?

Jesus, you're a fake douche wanna be attorney on a sports thread who everyone laughs at.
You're entitled to your opinion, but it's just that.
The Heat know exactly how to handle any situation that they are hoping is in their future, if the opportunity arises.
they know that but you dont obviously lol

just saying its all their for you - black and white man...sorry to burst your bubble, lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: 30 Teams Targeting Kevin Durant in 2016

Seriously, though, the Heat could present a tempting option, for sure.
Cavs are targeting Durant too actually...

why wouldnt he come to play with Lebron love and kyrie? especially with Gilberts open wallet?loll

DOMINATION BABY!!! LOL

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are targeting Durant too actually...

why wouldnt he come to play with Lebron love and kyrie? especially with Gilberts open wallet?loll

DOMINATION BABY!!! LOL

You simply don't have the ability to read and comprehend.

I love your earlier example of how I said James didn't care about playing on perceived winning rosters.:lol:

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know very little about the cap issues and such, But if Durant wanted to play for Miami (which i dont think will happen) Cant Miami trade for his bird rights? That way they are able to go over the cap? Yea the taxes would be high, but doubt Arison cares if it brings Durant here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-accordingto the HEat fans they will magically be able to afford Durant while keeping Bosh, Dragic, Wade and Whiteside...lol

honestly I guess I was overestimating people's ability to do simple addition and subtraction.

You really need to stop.

This quote is from the article I linked:

How can they afford it? The NBA salary cap is going to proliferate after next season with the league’s massive new TV deal. Some estimates peg a $22 million increase to $89 million in 2016-17 and $108 million in 2017-18. That’s a whopping 61-percent increase over a two-year span. They can theoretically give monster deals to Dragic this summer and Whiteside the next while still being able to afford another star but only if Wade continues to play the rare game of sacrifice.

In order to get Durant, Wade would need to sacrifice some money. How much? Probably depends on what Whiteside signs for. You act like Whiteside is just automatically going to demand $20 million. You have no idea what he's willing to do. If his choices are, for example, go to a non-contender for $20 million with no shot at a title or stay in Miami for $10-$15 million and have a great chance at winning a title right away, he may stay. Will Wade sacrifice again for a chance at another title? Who knows? His history shows that he just might. That will be between him, his agent and Riley.

Even if Whiteside opts for big money and puts the Heat in a position of having to choose between him and Durant, then the Heat choose Durant. A starting 5 of Wade, Bosh, Durant and Dragic may very well be the favorite to come out of the East no matter who the center is.

Also, you need to quit acting like Heat fans are saying getting Durant is guaranteed. They are saying there's a possibility and that Riley is going to try and figure out a way to make it happen. Pretty much every team in the league will be trying to figure out a way to get him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they know that but you dont obviously lol

just saying its all their for you - black and white man...sorry to burst your bubble, lol

And 2 weeks before the Cavs signed James, they moved how many players?

Let me know of any move the Heat ever planned for that became a reality if they created the needed room that didn't happen.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. People are making the assumption that he will either stay in OKC or go to the Wizards because that's where he's from. But really, who says he wants to go back? Just because Lebron went back to Ohio, doesn't mean every star player wants to go home.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: 30 Teams Targeting Kevin Durant in 2016

Seriously, though, the Heat could present a tempting option, for sure.

Exactly. I guarantee that prior to next off season, even the Cavs FO will at least have a conversation about what they have to give up to pair Lebron and Durant.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know very little about the cap issues and such, But if Durant wanted to play for Miami (which i dont think will happen) Cant Miami trade for his bird rights? That way they are able to go over the cap? Yea the taxes would be high, but doubt Arison cares if it brings Durant here.
if you are currently over the salary cap apron of 4mill above the cap- the sign and trade option has been taken away from you.

if you are below that "tax apron" you are allowed to do sign and trades- but obviously the Thunder would have to be willing participants.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 2 weeks before the Cavs signed James, they moved how many players?

Let me know of any move the Heat ever planned for that became a reality if they created the needed room that didn't happen.
well if you actually READ my post- I said the HEat couldnt do it without moving multiple of their core players- I was assuming Mcroberts- who obviouslny isnt a core guy- was magicked off the team- which would be a lot easier than actually finding a taker for him---

buy yah-i f u guys traded Bosh- or let Whiteside AND Wade go- or every guy gave up tens of millions of dollars- sure

IF LEBRon opts out and signs for the vet minimum im sure that would open up some avenues for the Cavs as well, lol.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one actual move that i saw was some what intriguing- but I would ultimately be against- and I actually think BOTH teams would say no to is a Kyrie for CP swap----- that is an interesting deal to think about considering a lot of different things and windows etc......

I dont think the Clips or Cleveland would do it--- but it is interesting.....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell ya what-

lets make a bet

if Durant is a member of the HEat from a year from now- I will never again sign onto this website-

If Durant is not a member of the HEat- you have to have an avatar of my choosing for as long as the Cavs are active in the next seasons playoffs.

deal?

No. Because I know full well that the Heat aren't favored to sign him. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Plus, it's not exactly like Durant and I hang out on a regular basis and I know what he's thinking. You're just making it seem impossible that Durant wouldn't consider Miami and that it couldn't be done, when I'm telling you otherwise.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Because I know full well that the Heat aren't favored to sign him. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Plus, it's not exactly like Durant and I hang out on a regular basis and I know what he's thinking. You're just making it seem impossible that Durant wouldn't consider Miami and that it couldn't be done, when I'm telling you otherwise.
oh its not impossible- they would just have to get rid of wade and whiteside-- or wade would have to take a ginormous pay cut and whiteside would have to leave. -they could try and find someone to take Bosh's 25M a year for his mid-thirties contract years but thats rather doubtful...Bosh should age well as a SG though...

Last edited: