• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.....just about every media outlet is aware that there's a chance that Durant could come to Miami. The same media that you try to back when it favors your arguments. Who says Whiteside gets $18 mil to?

IF Whiteside proves worthy of a long term deal because he doesnt screw up and act a fool- How can you possibly think he wont get a 22.5M dollar max offer when Greg Monroe just got 19 and Robin Lopez just got 13.5?

I was being overly cautious when I predicted Whiteside at 18--- but lets just say he gets the exact same contract Lopez got and say its 14M--- AND lets say you can MAGICALLY knock McBob off the books though you have no asset to attach to get rid of him.

Bosh is locked in at 24
Dragic is locked in at 18
Whiteside lets just say he gets Robin Lopez money of 14
Lets say Wade takes HALF of what he is getting this year- 10M
Winslow at 3

Thats 69 million. 21million under the cap- and like i said- lets consider some of the most CAP friendly scenarios such as McBob being off the cap, Wade taking 10M and Whiteside taking 14- which are altogether unrealistic- but lets just assume for the sake of argument.

That still only leaves you with 21 million in cap room- when Durant will be eligible for 30M.

so- lets just say- IT DEFINITELY going to happen- because you guys are always right

Whiteside is going to take 14M in next years market when there is going to be more cap room avaliable than any time in NBA history

Wade will take a huge salary decrease and take 10M a year

You find a taker for McBobs deal

and Durant agrees to take 9 million a year less to sign for 21 million instead of 30.

THERE YA GO. If you think that is even for a second a viable scenario- than I have some great property to sell you in East Cleveland.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The EC is two teams: The Cav's and the Bulls.

After that there is a lump of teams that all are about the same when trying to project the conference. Indiana/Wash/Toronto/Atlanta/Miami are all the same at this point: Far from great teams that have very little chance of taking a step towards being an elite team but should all make the playoffs in the Eastern conference.

The Bucks might even belong in that list but I need to see just a little more of them to put them there.

I think you can take Indiana out of that list. They just lost Hibbert and David West now. Paul George is really really good. But their ceiling is 7-8 seed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he plays exactly like he did last year, he will get that much. Only a disappointing season will keep him from approaching max dollars.

Centers get PAID!
-accordingto the HEat fans they will magically be able to afford Durant while keeping Bosh, Dragic, Wade and Whiteside...lol

honestly I guess I was overestimating people's ability to do simple addition and subtraction.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Whiteside proves worthy of a long term deal because he doesnt screw up and act a fool- How can you possibly think he wont get a 22.5M dollar max offer when Greg Monroe just got 19 and Robin Lopez just got 13.5?

I was being overly cautious when I predicted Whiteside at 18--- but lets just say he gets the exact same contract Lopez got and say its 14M--- AND lets say you can MAGICALLY knock McBob off the books though you have no asset to attach to get rid of him.

Bosh is locked in at 24
Dragic is locked in at 18
Whiteside lets just say he gets Robin Lopez money of 14
Lets say Wade takes HALF of what he is getting this year- 10M
Winslow at 3

Thats 69 million. 21million under the cap- and like i said- lets consider some of the most CAP friendly scenarios such as McBob being off the cap, Wade taking 10M and Whiteside taking 14- which are altogether unrealistic- but lets just assume for the sake of argument.

That still only leaves you with 21 million in cap room- when Durant will be eligible for 30M.

so- lets just say- IT DEFINITELY going to happen- because you guys are always right

Whiteside is going to take 14M in next years market when there is going to be more cap room avaliable than any time in NBA history

Wade will take a huge salary decrease and take 10M a year

You find a taker for McBobs deal

and Durant agrees to take 9 million a year less to sign for 21 million instead of 30.

THERE YA GO. If you think that is even for a second a viable scenario- than I have some great property to sell you in East Cleveland.

Well, we'll see a year from now. I'm not going to start arguing salary cap with you given your asinine remarks on how Micky Arison is a cheap ass and how he couldn't put great quality players around Lebron outside of Wade and Bosh.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-accordingto the HEat fans they will magically be able to afford Durant while keeping Bosh, Dragic, Wade and Whiteside...lol

honestly I guess I was overestimating people's ability to do simple addition and subtraction.

Ok Mr. 66 wins

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, we'll see a year from now. I'm not going to start arguing salary cap with you given your asinine remarks on how Micky Arison is a cheap ass and how he couldn't put great quality players around Lebron outside of Wade and Bosh.
Nothing of what I said above has ANYTHING to do with my own personal opinion- on the contrary- I assumed that things break the Heats way in every circumstance. What would it look like based on an ACTUAL prediction of the probable cirucmstances INSTEAD of giving the Heat the benefit of the doubt on every single transaction working out perfectly?

Bosh 24
Dragic 18
Winslow 3
McBob 6
Whiteside 20
Wade AT LEAST 15

= no freaking chance at Durant...

If we were living in HEat fans fantasy world?
Bosh 24
Dragic 18
Winslow 3
no McBob
Whiteside takes 14
Wade takes 10

STILL only 21 million under the cap when Durant will be eligible for 30M- so over the course of the contract he would be leaving over 40M on the table after te max contract annual raises are figured.

Those are black and white figures - not my opinion. black and white figures.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing of what I said above has ANYTHING to do with my own personal opinion- on the contrary- I assumed that things break the Heats way in every circumstance. What would it look like based on an ACTUAL prediction of the probable cirucmstances INSTEAD of giving the Heat the benefit of the doubt on every single transaction working out perfectly?

Bosh 24
Dragic 18
Winslow 3
McBob 6
Whiteside 20
Wade AT LEAST 15

= no freaking chance at Durant...

If we were living in HEat fans fantasy world?
Bosh 24
Dragic 18
Winslow 3
no McBob
Whiteside takes 14
Wade takes 10

STILL only 21 million under the cap when Durant will be eligible for 30M- so over the course of the contract he would be leaving over 40M on the table after te max contract annual raises are figured.

Those are black and white figures - not my opinion. black and white figures.

I mean, only onw Team is gonna win the Durant derby.

But, should they not try because the odds are against it?...lol

I think he stays in OKC or goes to the Wiz Kids.

If OKC is healthy, I don't see where he can go and play on a better roster...unless...some major trade goes down mid-Season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tell ya what-

lets make a bet

if Durant is a member of the HEat from a year from now- I will never again sign onto this website-

If Durant is not a member of the HEat- you have to have an avatar of my choosing for as long as the Cavs are active in the next seasons playoffs.

deal?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Duncan has already slowed down tremendously... Go watch Prime Duncan, the guy currently wearing 21 for the Spurs isn't in his class as a player. Current Duncan just picks and chooses his spots.

People are waiting for a hard fall and I don't see it coming. That usually only happens to the really athletic guys like Steve Francis. If I'm not mistaken even Garnett, who relied on more on his athleticism than Duncan, aged fairly well until he got hurt. Since Popovich does well to manage Duncan's minutes along with the additions of Aldridge and West, I don't see Duncan wearing down to the point of being useless.

The Spurs play a team oriented game unlike the high payroll Nets, with a ball dominant back court, or the failed Lakers experiment that was never really healthy to begin with. I don't think Spurs fans are worried about too good to be true. Besides Kidd, who could be great, and D'Antoni are not even in the same coaching stratosphere as Popovich.

Regarding the Heat
About Amare... He's coming off the bench behind Bosh and Whiteside along with McRoberts. If he isn't worth a damn who cares? It's not like he's taking up payroll. He can't be any less effective than Mike Miller and Shawn Marion. Worst case he doesn't play/gets cut, best case he averages between 8-11 points... The only reality where signing Amare is a bad decision is the one where you expect him to play starters minutes.

I understand why LeBron fans are undermining the Heat. If they meet a healthy Heat squad in the playoffs, then LeBron is going to lose in 6 games... TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.

note to Hammerdown: we need a post-of-the-month trophy for stuff like this...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Heat will have to pay Whiteside or he will walk.

You think the Lakers/Blazers would hesitate giving him the max?

But, he has to produce first.

Half a Season of good play does not a max player make....

Unless you are Enes Kanter...lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, only onw Team is gonna win the Durant derby.

But, should they not try because the odds are against it?...lol

I think he stays in OKC or goes to the Wiz Kids.

If OKC is healthy, I don't see where he can go and play on a better roster...unless...some major trade goes down mid-Season.
mecca- its not "the odds are against it" - its- there are no odds because it does not work unless they get rid of the guys Durant would be coming to play with.

Ill give you whatever odds you like- you cant roll a 13 when you only have 2 dice.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mecca- its not "the odds are against it" - its- there are no odds because it does not work unless they get rid of the guys Durant would be coming to play with.

Ill give you whatever odds you like- you cant roll a 13 when you only have 2 dice.

Dude, I don't think he is taking a pay cut either, nor going to play on a bare-bones roster.

But, they still have to try...that's all I'm saying.

Pat Riley is not the kinda Dude to say " Well, we had a god run, now it's time to be middle of the road".

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just as i suspected- ignores the numbers- and yada-yada's- well- we will get it to work somehow.

smh :tsk:

He's not ignoring anything. You're ignoring the fact that Riley has a knack for going for the home run.
Never has he failed to make the numbers work.

Maybe you should just focus on the numbers as far as Kyrie being healthy at seasons end?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I don't think he is taking a pay cut either, nor going to play on a bare-bones roster.

But, they still have to try...that's all I'm saying.

Pat Riley is not the kinda Dude to say " Well, we had a god run, now it's time to be middle of the road".
I am just saying the numbers dont bear it out- unless they moved guys - if they moved Bosh- and Wade took a humongous discount- then maybe you start too look at it- but if I am Durant and signing long term- id MUCH MUCH rather be with Wall and Beale- than Dragic and Whiteside- or RW, Ibaka, Kanter- than Dragic and Whiteside

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not ignoring anything. You're ignoring the fact that Riley has a knack for going for the home run.
Never has he failed to make the numbers work.

Maybe you should just focus on the numbers as far as Kyrie being healthy at seasons end?
again- deflecting

its simple math man- it doesnt work. Its not going to happen

you want to take my bet?

I will NEVER SIGN ON THIS WEBSITE again if Durant becomes a member of the Heat

if he doesnt- all you have to do is use an avatar of my choosing for the next Cavs playoff run...

deal?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Way to premature for me to look at numbers, but I thought this was the exact reason they wanted Wade off the books?

They do have full Birds rights on him, so if he waits to sign, and then they are willing to pay taxes, I don't see what's stopping them.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again- deflecting

its simple math man- it doesnt work. Its not going to happen

you want to take my bet?

I will NEVER SIGN ON THIS WEBSITE again if Durant becomes a member of the Heat

if he doesnt- all you have to do is use an avatar of my choosing for the next Cavs playoff run...

deal?

That's ridiculous.
I never said Durant wanted to be on the Heat.

I'll bet you anything you want though, that if he does want to be on the Heat, and he stays healthy all year, that Riley will find a way.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and where did "Rileys knack for the home run" leave you this year? LOL

sometimes ya just strike out! and sometimes you never get the chance to bat
Way to premature for me to look at numbers, but I thought this was the exact reason they wanted Wade off the books?

They do have full Birds rights on him, so if he waits to sign, and then they are willing to pay taxes, I don't see what's stopping them.
hahaha.....

"way to premature to look at numbers"- says the guy in denial. ITs all their black and white.

if this season when the Cavs are kicking your ass and stomping on your throat- you need to keep telling yourself- "Durant is coming" to make yourself feel better- than you do what you gotta do.

Its NOT too premature to look at the numbers. They are all right there in simple black and white for anyone who can do simple addition and subtraction.

There is no possible way the Heat are getting Kevin Durant.

OKC or Washington- and at least in Washington he would be playing with 2 stars either in or entering their primes- instead of guys who are doing nothing but aging and regressing in Miami.