• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am okay with a witch hunt when the target is a witch, but no it's not a witch hunt.

It's the uproar of millions of United States Citizens upset over a person in tremendous power over minorities - has zero empathy for them and is in the position of exploiting them.

The question I have is why so many are defending this racist scumbag.

The answer is the birds of a feather flock together - now in Sterling's racist camp

If only it were that simple...but it's not.

Sterling is a POS. But sanctioning him over thoughts expressed in a private conversation, no matter how loathsome, comes dangerously close to sanctioning the thought itself.

And I believe that standing up for the rights of the LOWEST among us is a good investment, in protecting the rights of all.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The whore of a 80 year old jealous billionaire, setting him up, taping some incoherent racist rant and selling it to TMZ for profit, while potentially greasing the wheels for another "partner" to swoop in and reap the profits of his demise, is a hero.

:L

She is equally disgusting.

She might be disgusting, but equally? Hell no! One is a gold digger, while the other one have the mindset of a plantation owner.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is extremely unlikely, but even if it happens, it is barely even the start of the process.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it absurd if white people are the cause of racism? Who taught you how to problem solve? Before racism it was nationalism. There were Black Greeks and Black Romans. There was no issue with racism until it was used to justify Europeans invading and conquering the world.

Were you taught to be dishonest or just born dishonest?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sterling is a POS. But sanctioning him over thoughts expressed in a private conversation, no matter how loathsome, comes dangerously close to sanctioning the thought itself.

And I believe that standing up for the rights of the LOWEST among us is a good investment, in protecting the rights of all.

They are not sanctioning him over thoughts expressed in a private conversation. We need to get that straight. They are sanctioning him because his personal views on human beings of diverse cultures and races are not compatible with those of the NBA. The NBA has always made it crystal clear that the members of the NBA franchise must have mutual respect for people of all races. If Sterling wanted his conversations kept private - then he shouldn't have paid Stiviano to record them.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can some one from the political forum please come in here and take their trash back and restore order to the NBA board?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOTE: The only thing that you can be absolutely guaranteed to remain private and never be disclosed are the thoughts that you never tell anyone. You don't tell your wife, our children, your parents, your siblings, your employees or collegues. In short SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND KEEP IT SHUT.

Those are the thoughts that you can be guaranteed to be kept quiet.

citycat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So before I accept a job offer, I do know a little bit about the company for which I am pursuing employment. Sterling has been a racist for over 25 years so this is nothing in which the players or their agents should not have known. I find it a little disingenuous on their part to now be so upset yet they didnt feel that way when they accepted his millions of dollars.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I going to sell all my Sterling Silver items in protest.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you taught to be dishonest or just born dishonest?

If I were you I would prove I was being dishonest by showing evidence that what I said was untrue. Otherwise you just look like you are swinging with your eyes closed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How the NBA became privy to the tape I don't really matters if they didn't tape it. Any issues over a privacy breach rest with the GF imo.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'know, if I have weeds in my tomatoes, and they spread to my beans, and I only pull them out of my tomatoes, I'll still have a problem. Not only will they survive in the beans, they'll spread BACK to the place where they started.

So here's the deal: I will whole-heartedly endorse all of the sanctions on Sterling, and on any other high-profile white racist, when you agree that Al, Jesse and Jeremiah should be defrocked...that the microphones and cameras should be turned off whenever they try to speak out, and that they should be barred from all public gatherings.

I get your analogy but here is the problem with your deal. Sterling has already been caught and banned. You are not giving me anything. You are looking for blood because a white guy got busted.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is not a legal issue. This is more like you telling your gardener he no longer can cut your grass because you found out he is a convict

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not sanctioning him over thoughts expressed in a private conversation. We need to get that straight. They are sanctioning him because his personal views on human beings of diverse cultures and races are not compatible with those of the NBA. The NBA has always made it crystal clear that the members of the NBA franchise must have mutual respect for people of all races. If Sterling wanted his conversations kept private - then he shouldn't have paid Stiviano to record them.

First, permission to record is not permission to disseminate.

Second, am I to believe that the NBA Constitution specifies what opinions an owner can hold? I'll believe that when I see it in writing. Until then, I'm calling bullshit.

Third, if you think it's OK to punish "views," don't complain when the Thought Police come for you.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your analogy but here is the problem with your deal. Sterling has already been caught and banned. You are not giving me anything. You are looking for blood because a white guy got busted.

Nonsense. I simply want the sword to cut both ways.

It's not like the words of the "Revs" I mentioned aren't ALSO matters of record. Why shouldn't they be forever shunned, too?

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense. I simply want the sword to cut both ways.

It's not like the words of the "Revs" I mentioned aren't ALSO matters of record. Why shouldn't they be forever shunned, too?

The "Revs" you mentioned are one of the biggest reasons we still have racism in this country.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a little sample from the "Rev" Al

"If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house".

Sharpton was quoted as saying to an audience at Kean College in 1994 that, "White folks was [sic] in caves while we was building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation."

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

:pound:

I absolutely love it! Going to put it in my sig.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, permission to record is not permission to disseminate.

Second, am I to believe that the NBA Constitution specifies what opinions an owner can hold? I'll believe that when I see it in writing. Until then, I'm calling bullshit.

Third, if you think it's OK to punish "views," don't complain when the Thought Police come for you.

No one is being punished truthfully, but when your thoughts are so disgusting and irreprehensible and you are so ignorant and stupid that you allow your thoughts to be broadcast to the world-WHEN YOU KNOW that you are person in a signicant place of power, prestige and popularity then....

You can expect to be hammered for it. He's not being put in jail, but the entire NBA is simply refusing to conduct business with him again - ever.

Moral of the story - there are some things you should keep to yourself