• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, even for the NBA, that's no inconsequential amount.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concept about acceptance...God, that's rich. It's about making money off of tall dudes, and fans who don't mind that real basketball doesn't have an exception to the travelling rule when going for a slam dunk.

Y'know, I'm no fan of Sterling. I simply have concerns that the league is overreaching, in effectively stripping him of property for something said in private.

And we can agree to disagree about most of what was in the above post, but for the last sentence (quoted in red), fuck you. Questioning the league's actions does not make one a racist.

They have no choice. There's simply no other option. > 80% of the players are black. 35% of their fan base is black. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that non-black fans of the NBA share Sterlings views in much lower proportions than those of other sports. Sponsors were fleeing. Regardless of how they paint it, and no doubt many are offended by Sterling's comments, but this was purely an economic decision and one they're well within their rights to make.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no choice. There's simply no other option. > 80% of the players are black. 35% of their fan base is black. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that non-black fans of the NBA share Sterlings views in much lower proportions than those of other sports. Sponsors were fleeing. Regardless of how they paint it, and no doubt many are offended by Sterling's comments, but this was purely an economic decision and one they're well within their rights to make.

Except they're not.

http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/mediacentral/NBA-Constitution-and-By-Laws.pdf

Read article 13 for every possible reason an owner can be booted. None of them are close to applying here.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not a lawyer - you don't know enough about sports organizations and the laws that dictate how they are governed to make that call. Silver and accomplished lawyer says they can and will, but go ahead and continue to make yourself look stupid

there are fiscal and ethical clauses within the constitution that are broadly written enough to apply.

it doesn't do any good to try to explain it to some people though. their minds are made up, and the facts only confuse them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except they're not.

http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/mediacentral/NBA-Constitution-and-By-Laws.pdf

Read article 13 for every possible reason an owner can be booted. None of them are close to applying here.

You are a huge moron......

go to your dumbass link.... Page 46 & 47, Article 35A, Paragraph C & D....

Right there in your own link..... Conduct detrimental to the best interests of basketball....

Read it, learn it, live it ans shut the hell up. You have no clue WTF your talking about TROLL

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are fiscal and ethical clauses within the constitution that are broadly written enough to apply.

it doesn't do any good to try to explain it to some people though. their minds are made up, and the facts only confuse them.

I seriously doubt that any of them have worked better than a McDonalds restaurant as a cashier - lol. I have audited McDonalds and in order to get a franchise - you have to work a full year as an employee and you have to learn every phase of the business at minimum wage - then you have to buy a franchise where they say you can buy one and you have to live within ten minutes or so of that franchise and failure to comply with all of their rules enables them to remove your franchise and sell it to someone else. They are brutal.

I had a friend who operated an Arco Station - he sold the franchise to someone else who started gambling - the head people at Arco got pissed and tired and seized the Arco, and resold the lease and he got ZERO. These people in her HAVE ZERO KNOWLEDGE OF HOW THE REAL BUSINESS WORLD WORKS

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right there in your own link..... Conduct detrimental to the best interests of basketball....

Read it, learn it, live it ans shut the hell up. You have no clue WTF your talking about TROLL

that was rather unkindly put

i laughed though

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what does magic have to do with this particular conversation ? go troll a different thread
Ummm...
Not a damn thing, except for the fact many here are/were accusing Magic of being complicit in this w/ Sterling's gf, just to out him so he'd have a shot at purchasing the team.....lol/smh

Pay attention/read much, misko?

C'mon Man!!

Who's trolling?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm...
Not a damn thing, except for the fact many here are/were accusing Magic of being complicit in this w/ Sterling's gf, just to out him so he'd have a shot at purchasing the team.....lol/smh

Pay attention/read much, misko?

C'mon Man!!

Who's trolling?

So you are the one confusing misko. He is all fucked up on the other thread. :laugh3:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of those punishments are capped.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you want to claim that that constitutes a rule violation under 13 (a), remember that that requires willfully violation, and the action that resulted in harm to basketball was not a willful action on his part. That isn't going to hold.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you want to claim that that constitutes a rule violation under 13 (a), remember that that requires willfully violation, and the action that resulted in harm to basketball was not a willful action on his part. That isn't going to hold.

Your an idiot. you didn't even read it.... piss on your 13 a!! He dont have to willfully do shit. Conduct detrimental to the best intrest of basketball!!! Its gross missconduct, no one willfully does an act of misconduct.... well except your dumb ass.... Weed is good for you depending on what plant you light up. I'm going to disagree with everyone about everything because I am the smartest man in the world.... Solve world hunger then champ and shut your pie hole.

And btw do your parents know your on the computer trolling adult web sites again???

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really tell me rocket scientist.... who the fuck "Willfully" commits gross misconduct????