• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is being punished truthfully, but when your thoughts are so disgusting and irreprehensible and you are so ignorant and stupid that you allow your thoughts to be broadcast to the world-WHEN YOU KNOW that you are person in a signicant place of power, prestige and popularity then....

You can expect to be hammered for it. He's not being put in jail, but the entire NBA is simply refusing to conduct business with him again - ever.

Moral of the story - there are some things you should keep to yourself

Being stripped of valuable property is punishment.

As to "allowing" his thoughts to be broadcast, you are assuming facts not in evidence.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, permission to record is not permission to disseminate.

Second, am I to believe that the NBA Constitution specifies what opinions an owner can hold? I'll believe that when I see it in writing. Until then, I'm calling bullshit.

Third, if you think it's OK to punish "views," don't complain when the Thought Police come for you.

The first time you tell people that you're a disgusting pig-your personal information is out there and will never be private. The NBA is a concept about acceptance, good sportsmanship and mutual cooperation between all parties of diverse races and cultures. The Jim Crow days are over. No one is punishing him - but they are ostricizing him and correctly so. When you are in a personal group that stands for certain behaviour and ideals and you suddenly disclose or accidently let it be disclosed that you are a hypocrite That's what happens. The thought police is merely another phrase to promote your brand of racism

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being stripped of valuable property is punishment.

As to "allowing" his thoughts to be broadcast, you are assuming facts not in evidence.

He's not been stripped of anything yet - but if he didn't want his personal opinions to be broadcast, he should have kept them to himself. She was under no obligation to keep it quiet - In fact she's a hero

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were you I would prove I was being dishonest by showing evidence that what I said was untrue. Otherwise you just look like you are swinging with your eyes closed.

OK. So, there's nothing racist about you hating white people because only white people are racist?

Is that your brand of honesty?

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first time you tell people that you're a disgusting pig-your personal information is out there and will never be private. The NBA is a concept about acceptance, good sportsmanship and mutual cooperation between all parties of diverse races and cultures. The Jim Crow days are over. No one is punishing him - but they are ostricizing him and correctly so. When you are in a personal group that stands for certain behaviour and ideals and you suddenly disclose or accidently let it be disclosed that you are a hypocrite That's what happens. The thought police is merely another phrase to promote your brand of racism

Concept about acceptance...God, that's rich. It's about making money off of tall dudes, and fans who don't mind that real basketball doesn't have an exception to the travelling rule when going for a slam dunk.

Y'know, I'm no fan of Sterling. I simply have concerns that the league is overreaching, in effectively stripping him of property for something said in private.

And we can agree to disagree about most of what was in the above post, but for the last sentence (quoted in red), fuck you. Questioning the league's actions does not make one a racist.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concept about acceptance...God, that's rich. It's about making money off of tall dudes, and fans who don't mind that real basketball doesn't have an exception to the travelling rule when going for a slam dunk.

Y'know, I'm no fan of Sterling. I simply have concerns that the league is overreaching, in effectively stripping him of property for something said in private.

And we can agree to disagree about most of what was in the above post, but for the last sentence (quoted in red), fuck you. Questioning the league's actions does not make one a racist.

That's been the consistent MO of those pretending the NBA has the power to do what silver is threatening to do.

They can't make an actual case because the NBA constitution is extremely clear on the issue.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you mod's for puttin this shitty thread where it belongs - by the way - with the others

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at PC boneheads who don't mind what rules are broken, shortcuts taken or rights ignored in the name of combating racism.

It's wrong. It's shortsighted. It's un-American. But the PC crowd is too dumb and narrow-minded to care. And with that, Good Night.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question for you assholes that keeps using the analogy "The Thought Police" - Lets take a few areas in life, business and etc where this is actually correct and try to tell me that you are okay or against the "The thought police " weeding out those with contrary opinions

Church - How many of you go to church? Suppose you are Catholic and suddenly your priest stands up in the service each morning and tells the congregation that the confessional is a bunch of rediculous garbage? - How long do you think he will remain before getting removed for his personal opinion?

Day Care - How many of you have small children or grown? Grand children? Great Grand Children? Suppose the main administrator of the day care that watches your little ones - suddenly tells you that one of her children sees nothing wrong with children having sex and video taping it? Or expresses her opinions to support those perv's - How long do you thing that day care remains open if that's her business? Are you going to take your children there? Again you would be removing your services for her personal opinions?

Police - How many of you want police on the force that tells you they see nothing wrong with getting up on a witness stand and telling a lie in order to get a conviction? Even if he has never done it - that's his opinion.

Regardless of the guilt or innocence - there are personal opinions that conflict with the job or profession of certain people in certain positions and when their personal views directly become a threat to the integrity of the business - they can be, they should be and they will be moved - so get over this idea that it's unfair to use a person's thoughts against them - it happens every day millions of time a day - it's how we operate in business

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at PC boneheads who don't mind what rules are broken, shortcuts taken or rights ignored in the name of combating racism.

It's wrong. It's shortsighted. It's un-American. But the PC crowd is too dumb and narrow-minded to care. And with that, Good Night.

Rules are made to be broken - nothing is so absolute that the rule is more important than the issue. Rules are made to be beneficial and fair to everyone - but in this case breaking the rule exposed the dangerous mind of an idiot that needed to be removed from the NBA.

I have broken a few rules in the past and make no apologies for it - I remember one time being harrassed by kids throwing rocks at me - I was in my early twenties and rough around the edges and yes it was wrong to tell them that if they hit me with another rock -I would be the living shit out of them and their parents - but it worked and brought positive results. They got the hell away from me and never bothered me again and I would do the same thing today to you and your children if necessary

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules are made to be broken - nothing is so absolute that the rule is more important than the issue. Rules are made to be beneficial and fair to everyone - but in this case breaking the rule exposed the dangerous mind of an idiot that needed to be removed from the NBA.

I have broken a few rules in the past and make no apologies for it - I remember one time being harrassed by kids throwing rocks at me - I was in my early twenties and rough around the edges and yes it was wrong to tell them that if they hit me with another rock -I would be the living shit out of them and their parents - but it worked and brought positive results. They got the hell away from me and never bothered me again and I would do the same thing today to you and your children if necessary

No, rules exist to prevent abuse.

He has a contract with the league that must be upheld. Period. Disliking someone's opinions DOES NOT give you the right to terminate a contract unless the contract says it does. This one doesn't. Therefore, it must be upheld.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, rules exist to prevent abuse.

He has a contract with the league that must be upheld. Period. Disliking someone's opinions DOES NOT give you the right to terminate a contract unless the contract says it does. This one doesn't. Therefore, it must be upheld.

Nope - If Abraham Lincoln had adhered to the constitution of the United States - then the Slavery would still exist and the United States would not exist as we know it today. By suspending the constitution and breaking the rules - He saved the Union.

If it serves my purpose and benefits me - then screw the rules

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's unamerican not to break the rules sometimes. How many times did you get into a fight growing up? Or were you the one that got the shit beat out of him. I defended myself even though it was "against the rules" - I beat the living shit out that gangsta member and he never fucked with me again. I went to one of their own in the gang for protection even though it was against the rules and they never fucked with me. The police didn't do shit for me because sometimes the rules aren't enough protection

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA has been steadily declining for years now. After this ordeal, its all sports fans are talking about. Just in time for the playoffs.

Sterling was ready to sell and kick back at his mansion, pretending to be a plantation owner in the deep south, ....when he told Silver of this, they came up with this scheme for him to get caught saying something disgusting (he's already a known and documented filthy racist, so it doesnt matter what the public opinion of him is)which would naturally get crazy national attention, thrusting the NBA (and the playoffs) into the national spotlight

Now Sterling retires, and casual sports fans remember that the NBA exists and possibly watch a game or two of the playoffs. Win-Win.

Every since June 14, 1998 :L

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope - If Abraham Lincoln had adhered to the constitution of the United States - then the Slavery would still exist and the United States would not exist as we know it today. By suspending the constitution and breaking the rules - He saved the Union.

If it serves my purpose and benefits me - then screw the rules

The NBA breaking their rules could easily cost them a billion dollars.