• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if you want to wipe out racism we all need to let go of the past because that cant be changed , but we can sure change the way we all are now ..

Pretty hard to let go of something that you are being reminded of on a daily basis in some cases.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Read Article 24(l)

Good luck with that. That clause was already brought to his attention and he arbitrarily dismissed it at least once. I mean totally ignore the fact that this was brought up by Silver as the exact clause in question because JDM assures us it cannot be.

You are aware that JDM knows more about this than the entire league office combined aren't you? :nod:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NBA had something to do with him being set up, then they will have it comming, but I don't give a damn who set him up. He deserved everything he got. Just like drug dealers get what they deserve, after being set up by police and people on the street.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything said was spot on.

I do love how others are interpreting it in different ways to support their own views including those with blue names, but nothing he said was wrong.

The D-bag should have been dealt with a long time ago, but that it took something this public and this toxic to force the hand isn't a surprise. Had groups boycotted the team over his past actions maybe something gets done. Had local chapters of the NAACP not already given him awards during the same periods he was being investigated for his racism something gets done. But they didn't.

This was dealt with in this extreme manner because of how big of a public show it became. Do something to embarrass the league and that alone will get you lynched by the league office. Do something worse that no one really hears about and you probably don't get even a slap on the wrist.

If the girl leaked out those tapes then she should be prosecuted if recording that was actually a crime. It isn't in every state, but those tapes couldn't be used in a court of law. She should face the music for being a total and complete fuck stick for doing this. It should impact the lawsuits against her for being a 2 bit whore gold digger.

At the end of the day both of them will likely get what they deserve.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NBA had something to do with him being set up, then they will have it comming, but I don't give a damn who set him up. He deserved everything he got. Just like drug dealers get what they deserve, after being set up by police and people on the street.

It amazes me some of the people here. I don't remember ANYBODY crying when Marion Berry got set up......it was so hilarious, and lets face it, he had it coming.

Sterling is getting EXACTLY what he deserves. I don't give a hoot about his little gold digger ho, she'll get hers in the end too.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to put this out there - but the public opinion of Mr Sterling's comments are so far out there that I believe all 29 owners will be afraid not to vote him out of the NBA for fear of a backlash. Fans and advertisors would see that as defending today's Adolf Hitler aka Donald Sterling

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bi-laws really are irrelevent in this case because the NBA franchise is collective owned by the 30 owners. That means they can put one of their own out if they so desired - that's just business

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #370
"He's right, and the owners aren't going to set the precedent that that's acceptable. They know damn well it could easily be twisted to apply to them next."

Post #394
"The owners won't set that precedent."

Post #400
"It won't be a handful. It will be a strong majority. They won't set the precedent that a private conversation can have them forced out of a several hundred million dollar investment."

Post #420
"A private conversation, illegally recorded and publicized, is not grounds to force someone to divest their property. The owners will not set a precedent that it is."

Post #423
"Regardless, there will not be the votes to kick him."

Post #537
"But even if there were, the owners absolutely will not set the precedent that they can have their team disbanded for a private conversation. There is way too little to gain by doing so and way too much to lose."

Post #542
"If you're disputing that the owners will set the precedent that they can have their property taken away from them based on their behavior entirely in private, you don't understand people very well."

Post #599
"Even if the terms did exist, do you see 3/4 of the owners supporting the precedent that they can have their team taken away for a private conversation. Some may, but even a majority isn't that likely. They need 75%."

Post #619
"But it probably won't come to that. The owners won't give silver the vote he wants. The reason he came out and said anything now is for the playoffs. He doesn't want to lose the viewership for the playoffs. When that is over, that is when this battle will actually start. Silver won't win. There is no case for the owners to contractually be allowed to vote on this."

That would be 9 separate posts where you claimed that the owners will not vote to remove Sterling. Wanna know how many posts you said that there was a low chance that they might vote him out? ZERO. The only thing you posted remotely close to that was an "Even if....." statement.

So, 9 times you have stated that they will not vote to remove him.

Backpedaling indeed.

So, JDM. You ever going to own up to the fact that you said this stuff and quit trying to pretend otherwise?

You posted 9 times that the owners would not vote to remove Sterling.

If they do vote to remove them, will you come here and admit that you were wrong? And that you don't know as much about how the real world of business works?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is out there on the internet that the woman wa Sterling's archivist who was recording their conversations for Sterling and with his permission so that he could replay them back and listen to what he said. He often forgot what he said. There was no confidentiality agreement which Sterling asked her to sign. She basically told him to shove the CA up his ass-lol. No laws have been broken and personally - I think she should be declared the hero of the day

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The whore of a 80 year old jealous billionaire, setting him up, taping some incoherent racist rant and selling it to TMZ for profit, while potentially greasing the wheels for another "partner" to swoop in and reap the profits of his demise, is a hero.

:L

She is equally disgusting.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but using Hammer's logic, the NBA shouldn't react like they did, because the evidence was illegal. He think this is a courtroom.

Except that the recordings was done at Sterling's request - She was his archivist. Either way that is irrelevent because those recordings are now public information in public domain forever. We're not in a criminal trial here - and evidence illegally obtained can be used in civil suits, but we aren't even there.

Here is the irony:

Donald Sterlng - Mr Silver and fellow NBA owners - these recordings were illegally obtained - I object to them being used against me even though it's legal to(it is legal to use them in business)

Mr Silver - So then you admit that you said these things because if they can't be illegal recordings if they are actual recordings. They can't be fabrications or altered tapes if they are recordings. Correct

Donald Sterling - Well yes, but you wouldn't know I am a racist if she hadn't illegally recorded me

Mr Silver - Irrelevent now because you just admitted legally in front of us that you are a racist. Unless you was coerced to say those things at gun point or was on drugs, you are an admitted racist and your values are not compatible with the values of the NBA. Therefore get out chump:laugh3:

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as white people were the ones that put this dynamic in motion I would think if it is eradicated in whites racism will no longer be a problem for anyone. Any other racism is a result of what white people put into practice.

Y'know, if I have weeds in my tomatoes, and they spread to my beans, and I only pull them out of my tomatoes, I'll still have a problem. Not only will they survive in the beans, they'll spread BACK to the place where they started.

So here's the deal: I will whole-heartedly endorse all of the sanctions on Sterling, and on any other high-profile white racist, when you agree that Al, Jesse and Jeremiah should be defrocked...that the microphones and cameras should be turned off whenever they try to speak out, and that they should be barred from all public gatherings.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K. I've just been observing from the periphery. Hell, I don't even have all the facts. Also, I'm moderate to moderate / liberal. So, I usually side with minorities, underdogs and the poor.

BUT:

This thing just feels like a politically correct witch hunt and foolish rush to judgement. It feels like it's gonna backfire somehow. It feels like some kind of absurd reverse racism that can be swallowed but not digested. It won't stay down. It will get puked back up...

Anyone else get this feeling? :noidea:

I am okay with a witch hunt when the target is a witch, but no it's not a witch hunt.

It's the uproar of millions of United States Citizens upset over a person in tremendous power over minorities - has zero empathy for them and is in the position of exploiting them.

The question I have is why so many are defending this racist scumbag.

The answer is the birds of a feather flock together - now in Sterling's racist camp

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Bill Maher thinks that there is something wrong about how this went down.