• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Kareem's piece speaks to the complexity of this story. I haven't followed the story closely, but it does seem wrong to me that Sterling's remarks, however repugnant they were, should be made public if he made them in private, though that ship has obviously already sailed. On the other hand, Sterling's past actions make him a particularly unsympathetic figure.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so I have a serious question then are we interested in only wiping out racism if a white person is racist or does it apply to all races and creeds ..:suds:

Seeing as white people were the ones that put this dynamic in motion I would think if it is eradicated in whites racism will no longer be a problem for anyone. Any other racism is a result of what white people put into practice.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as white people were the ones that put this dynamic in motion I would think if it is eradicated in whites racism will no longer be a problem for anyone. Any other racism is a result of what white people put into practice.

I have to disagree with you .. people of all races should practice what they preach when it comes to racism .. so its ok for a black person to call me a honky or a whitie or a white devil even though I never called him or her a N or any other derogatory comment ?.. this racism works both ways or else it will never be eradicated.. you have to practice what you preach . cause right now with the statement that you just made makes you look racist to me

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with you .. people of all races should practice what they preach when it comes to racism .. so its ok for a black person to call me a honky or a whitie or a white devil even though I never called him or her a N or any other derogatory comment ?.. this racism works both ways or else it will never be eradicated.. you have to practice what you preach . cause right now with the statement that you just made makes you look racist to me

Well thats not what you asked me. I dont think anyone should be racist but you eradicate it at its source which history shows us is white people.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thats not what you asked me. I dont think anyone should be racist but you eradicate it at its source which history shows us is white people.

please dont put it all on white people it needs to be eradicated in all peoples hearts .. and from what I see in today's society is white people are the one leading the charge to wipe it out ..so then your saying people of color cant or dont know how to be racist ?

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so I have a serious question then are we interested in only wiping out racism if a white person is racist or does it apply to all races and creeds ..:suds:

I got your point via your grand daughter's situation. I think the entire racism issue started with the Germans thinking they were the superior race. Of course here in this country is was much the same when it came to blacks and it continued with other races.

At the core a racist feels that their race is smarter, better looking (Bob Hayes broke the physically superior myth that Hitler created)...blah, blah, blah.

On some level I think racism will always be part of our society...with each generation it's gotten better, but in a country with so many races, nationalities, cultures, etc. it will be hard to eradicate it all together. Ideally you'd want to keep that element out of the people of influence, power and means...that was the NBA's message here imo.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please dont put it all on white people it needs to be eradicated in all peoples hearts .. and from what I see in today's society is white people are the one leading the charge to wipe it out ..so then your saying people of color cant or dont know how to be racist ?

Youre not making sense. Before racism was invented by white people there were no issues with it. White people are not leading the charge, they are following behind. Other races have long ago expressed how its a bad thing. Did you sleep through history class or something?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me make an attempt at an analogy.

You (white race) are in a family. You do something horribly and unquestionably wrong towards another member of the family (black race). With time you realize your evil ways, sincerely apologize, do your best to recompense what you can, and change.

Will that person in the family that you wronged instantly forgive you and pretend like it never happened? Maybe if he's a really, really good person.

Would you expect him to get over it right away? I doubt it.

Will it ocasionally be brought up and thrown in your face? Very likely.

How long should be given to the wronged person to move on? Should you be ok with the occasional anger outlash back at you because of the memory of what you did? Will you be understanding if it takes time for him to move on, if he doesn't handle it with the best grace?

Its a tricky, gray-area question. The ideal, theoretical best outcome is for everyone to forget that the blacks were ever oppressed in our country and move on as if it never happened (except to remember the great actions of great people). If everyone could sincerely do that, racism would be gone. But its just not realistic. Yes, harboring anger from past racism can help foster racism, but is it reasonable to expect otherwise?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if you want to wipe out racism we all need to let go of the past because that cant be changed , but we can sure change the way we all are now ..

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if you want to wipe out racism we all need to let go of the past because that cant be changed , but we can sure change the way we all are now ..

I agree, but I think that message needs to come from the black community. Expecting black people to be receptive to that message coming from the white community is unfair.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I think that message needs to come from the black community. Expecting black people to be receptive to that message coming from the white community is unfair.

well it is also unfair to put it on one particular race .. thats reverse discrimination and its just as wrong and you are doing it for revenge to people that had no part in what has happened in the past .. your just keeping it alive when that happens

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The notion that white people's racism is both the cause of racism and solution to curing racism or oppression within humanity is absurd.

Any reasonable survey of human history will show this truth. Human nature is twisted across ethnic groups, periods in history, etc, etc. Oppression, slavery, racism has been around and pervasive across many, many ethnic groups and races.

All races need to be accountable in the fight against racism.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1000000% agree with Kareem. And that's surprising because he's racist himself.

You bolded the best part.

We knew all along the guy was a racist creep. But now ALL THE SUDDEN he needs to be ousted from the NBA because of an illegally-recorded private conversation from his bedroom?

BULLSHIT!

Silver looks like a total fool. This is going to backfire BIGTIME on the NBA.

Its funny that you agree with Kareem 100%, but clearly, you didn't understand this article. Kareem has no issue with Silver's punishment, his problem is, he think we should be as mad at the gold digger and how people should've acted years ago.

If she did something wrong, then she should be prosecuted, but what you and Kareem need to understand, nobody gives a damn about her. We already know, not to trust these hoes. The snitch isn't the story, the racist is!

Only you and a small few, like that fake lawyer JDM, think the NBA did something wrong.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. No suprise he was a racist, but going behind his back to set him up for most likely personal gain. Childish and backstabbing. I agree if there is something to arrest this bitch on...DO IT!

I agree, but using Hammer's logic, the NBA shouldn't react like they did, because the evidence was illegal. He think this is a courtroom.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media is the one destroying it. We have heard the same stuff whenever the NFL or NBA goes on strike. We will boycott the sport. We aren't coming back. Give it a few months and new stories come up and this whole thing blows over. Paying guys millions to play a game they love seven months out of the year is nowhere close to slavery.

What happened to you "the media will ignore this and give him a pass because he's a Jew, unlike Marge Schott" BS you were pushing the other day ? The media jumps on whatever sells. Blaming the media is extremely :lame:. You're kidding yourself if you think this is just going to go away unless he does.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The notion that white people's racism is both the cause of racism and solution to curing racism or oppression within humanity is absurd.

Any reasonable survey of human history will show this truth. Human nature is twisted across ethnic groups, periods in history, etc, etc. Oppression, slavery, racism has been around and pervasive across many, many ethnic groups and races.

All races need to be accountable in the fight against racism.

I agree, from a global standpoint and from an idealistic standpoint. But from a realistic domestic standpoint, there is more to be considered.