• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem has always been a thinking man. Probably has an IQ north of 130.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:koon:
1000000% agree with Kareem. And that's surprising because he's racist himself.

You bolded the best part.

We knew all along the guy was a racist creep. But now ALL THE SUDDEN he needs to be ousted from the NBA because of an illegally-recorded private conversation from his bedroom?

BULLSHIT!

Silver looks like a total fool. This is going to backfire BIGTIME on the NBA.

I want to go on record informing you that you are being recorded as you speak. Be a boyscout, be prepared. I have Koon on retainer.:koon::koon:

Last edited by a moderator:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know everyone here is acting like this is a huge blow in the fight against racism news flash it isnt .. all that they did is stop this mans words for right now .. you can stop peoples words from being heard but you cant take what is in their hearts and minds so not much was accomplished here ..

I don't think anyone is under the illusion you can change whats in a persons heart but you can show them just how damaging the expression of those thoughts can be to your pocketbook and your reputation. Personally I don't care what he thinks about. Him having power over Black people and profiting from them is my issue. I'm glad he was exposed and will lose his team eventually. if he didnt own a team I would just chalk him up as another retard.

Berkeley_Blues

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kareem Abdul Jabbar's (a thinking man, btw) quote:

"And now the poor guy’s girlfriend (undoubtedly ex-girlfriend now) is on tape cajoling him into revealing his racism. Man, what a winding road she led him down to get all of that out. She was like a sexy nanny playing “pin the fried chicken on the Sambo.” She blindfolded him and spun him around until he was just blathering all sorts of incoherent racist sound bites that had the news media peeing themselves with glee.

They caught big game on a slow news day, so they put his head on a pike, dubbed him Lord of the Flies, and danced around him whooping".

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know everyone here is acting like this is a huge blow in the fight against racism news flash it isnt .. all that they did is stop this mans words for right now .. you can stop peoples words from being heard but you cant take what is in their hearts and minds so not much was accomplished here ..

Very true...but I don't think that was the intent. The NBA just wants to rid their league of like minded people...in that regard a lot was accomplished.

Same with Marge Schott some years back...her team was taken away, but she probably was the same person...just not representing MLB.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That much is a given. We don't know the details to really determine if his privacy was breached. I'm not a lawyer, but anytime you're speaking with a company and they state the phone call is being recorded and you proceed, you're agreeing to be recorded.

If he said, this is off the record and she recorded it, it will be a privacy issue. If nothing was said about it being recorded and he doesn't realize he's being recorded, I think its a private issue.

But...within the NBA bylaws, it may not matter how the information was obtained.

He has no case against the NBA. The bimbo can be fined up to 2.5K but I'm sure someone will pay it for her.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no case against the NBA. The bimbo can be fined up to 2.5K but I'm sure someone will pay it for her.

I'm more in line with you here, but you said privacy wasn't an issue...idk that to be true.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. No suprise he was a racist, but going behind his back to set him up for most likely personal gain. Childish and backstabbing. I agree if there is something to arrest this bitch on...DO IT!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't forget these kareem quotes either, BB....

What bothers me about this whole Donald Sterling affair isn’t just his racism. I’m bothered that everyone acts as if it’s a huge surprise. Now there’s all this dramatic and very public rending of clothing about whether they should keep their expensive Clippers season tickets. Really? All this other stuff I listed above has been going on for years and this ridiculous conversation with his girlfriend is what puts you over the edge? That’s the smoking gun?

He was discriminating against black and Hispanic families for years, preventing them from getting housing. It was public record. We did nothing. Suddenly he says he doesn’t want his girlfriend posing with Magic Johnson on Instagram and we bring out the torches and rope. Shouldn’t we have all called for his resignation back then?

Make no mistake: Donald Sterling is the villain of this story. But he’s just a handmaiden to the bigger evil. In our quest for social justice, we shouldn’t lose sight that racism is the true enemy. He’s just another jerk with more money than brains.

So, if we’re all going to be outraged, let’s be outraged that we weren’t more outraged when his racism was first evident. Let’s be outraged that private conversations between people in an intimate relationship are recorded and publicly played. Let’s be outraged that whoever did the betraying will probably get a book deal, a sitcom, trade recipes with Hoda and Kathie Lee, and soon appear on Celebrity Apprentice and Dancing with the Sta

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We knew all along the guy was a racist creep. But now ALL THE SUDDEN he needs to be ousted from the NBA because of an illegally-recorded private conversation from his bedroom?

BULLSHIT!

I agree, but he had no choice. It was out in public, fans and players were threatened to boycott games. He was put in the corner and had literally no time to make a decision. What else could he have done?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more in line with you here, but you said privacy wasn't an issue...idk that to be true.

On what grounds would privacy be an issue? He admitted he said it on top of everything else. Its a company matter that happens to be very public.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BULLSHIT!

What make you think its going to backfire?

Berkeley_Blues

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't forget these kareem quotes either, BB....

Yeah, he's guilty as hell. I get it. He's toast. He's done. Enjoy the bloody execution.

Yet, on the other side, there is malice here too. As wretched as Sterling is -- the one who set him up is likely even more wretched. And you can bet given the nature of the press, this story is just getting started.:nod:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the press...... it's all about the power of social media.

And as far as any privacy issues with this story goes, the last time I checked, this isn't about a Doctor & Patient or an Attorney & Client privilege scenario.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Racism stinks up this country. Good thing they are working on eradicating the smell from retarded racists like Sterling. Racists are the lowest form of scum on the earth. I'm just glad they finally caught the bastard voicing his opinions. I will fight for your right to speak your mind but I will also fight for the right for others to do the same and take actions that strip you of everything they can without it having legal consequences. This is not a legal issue. This is a private company matter dealing with one of their franchises.

so I have a serious question then are we interested in only wiping out racism if a white person is racist or does it apply to all races and creeds ..:suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kareem Abdul Jabbar's (a thinking man, btw) quote:

"And now the poor guy’s girlfriend (undoubtedly ex-girlfriend now) is on tape cajoling him into revealing his racism. Man, what a winding road she led him down to get all of that out. She was like a sexy nanny playing “pin the fried chicken on the Sambo.” She blindfolded him and spun him around until he was just blathering all sorts of incoherent racist sound bites that had the news media peeing themselves with glee.

They caught big game on a slow news day, so they put his head on a pike, dubbed him Lord of the Flies, and danced around him whooping".

You can't coax THAT out of someone if it wasn't already there. She knew it was there and basically set the table...he did the rest. The term a woman scorned is very true...I can't say I like her method, but for what she unearthed...I'm neutral on her. She could walk scott free or get the max punishment I'm not fazed.