• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SLATON10's Weekly Musings...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Molina... nothing is a gimme. His one FG in this game bounced off the upright for chrissakes.

Dana threw a hissy fit on the personal foul penalty during the KO return. He did absolutely nothing during the phantom holding call on Cajuste other than step onto the field.

I don't care if you hate, but you gotta be accurate.
Hew knew the new rules, its up to him to adapt and.. he failed game 1. Lets hope he gets it together the rest of the season :suds:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 2nd foul was on Dana, we had 3 RB's averaging more than 5 yards per carry and a QB that was on his way to nearly 400 yards passing. Stands to reason we would have moved the ball at least inside the 30 on 3rd down had he kept his cool and been set up for a FG that Molina should be able to make.
He didn't keep his cool so after the personal foul someone should have gotten in Grier's ear about getting into scoring position instead of going for the bomb, the odds are better and our offense is supposed to be about points points points. Send a guy or 2 deep and a guy across the middle for enough yards to get us back into FG range on 4th down but that's tough to do when the coach is losing his cool, that's on Dana imo but to be fair if he HAD told Grier to do that (it was there around the 20 had he thrown it in that area I believe it was Sills on the DVR) and Grier went outlaw like Howard used to do and done that himself then I guess that's a horse of a different color but we will never know.

The other was first play of the 2nd quarter (15:00), 4th and 2 from the VT 23 with the Hokies up 3-0 and we go for it on 4th down :nono:. The offense got us into scoring position and a chance to gain some momentum in a tough game and Dana took that away by gambling when he didn't need to...once again. No need for that, especially at that point in the game with that score.

Dana isn't calling the plays. From what I've seen, he isn't second guessing the plays being called. I don't think we can say our backs would have clipped of a long run or even set us up in good FG range because they were averaging 5 yds per carry. It's not a gimme. I agree, I thought a play that sets us up for a potential FG should have been called, and maybe it was. Grier went for what he thought was his best option, I guess. I can call a perfect game from my easy chair and a few brews at my side.

As I said, the personal foul call on the hit out of bounds play, I can't fault the refs for calling. A bang bang play that is a borderline call is going to be called. Dana has the right to express himself, but that wasn't the time to go overboard and maybe he didn't. I'll agree, he has to pick and choose his battles, but to think he lost the game on that call is ridiculous. We all can script how we would like the game to go. Mine was Sills catching the ball on the last drive, we go into OT, and win by stopping their QB on a 4th and goal from the 1 on a QB sneak. Didn't happen.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hew knew the new rules, its up to him to adapt and.. he failed game 1. Lets hope he gets it together the rest of the season :suds:

Or... we can hope he doesn't have to face an old BE ref with an agenda.

BTW... see what I was talking about with Mr. Automatic today? You gotta trust the coaching staff... Molina is not trustworthy.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or... we can hope he doesn't have to face an old BE ref with an agenda.

BTW... see what I was talking about with Mr. Automatic today? You gotta trust the coaching staff... Molina is not trustworthy.

Its still the correct move, you have to trust the guy til he proves that he can't do it. If the kicker cant make it then he cant make it and you find one that can. Dana didn't even give him a shot in the VT game.

But yea, Molina might need to go into hiding since the WV state police are prob looking for him for stealing money from WVU. Scholarship player my arse :laugh:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he's proven himself in practice to be unreliable? Why didn't you consider that possibility?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kicker is always the highest scorer on a football team, my question would be: why have our "coaches" not gone out and recruited a reliable one????

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kicker is always the highest scorer on a football team, my question would be: why have our "coaches" not gone out and recruited a reliable one????
Exactly, end of the day, no matter how ya slice it, it's on Dana. Now I'm not saying fire him ect. Just saying we are paying the guy a heckuva lot of money for a reason. Not too much to ask to make sure that spot is solid imo.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, end of the day, no matter how ya slice it, it's on Dana. Now I'm not saying fire him ect. Just saying we are paying the guy a heckuva lot of money for a reason. Not too much to ask to make sure that spot is solid imo.

I'm not making excuses for what we have, but if you look around the country FG kicking seems to be an adventure for several teams so far this year...