• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ridiculous.
He may be a smart and somewhat shrewd business man....but he certainly isn't stupid enough to want to risk all he has gained for that.

How would that be viewed as a good business move??

That would be collusion, along with a litany of other possible infractions...( inc. blackmail, extortion, premeditation). Besides....when the smoke clears and dust settles on this,..there's not an iota of any guarantee whatsoever he'll be offered or even awarded ownership of that team.

It's not Wall Street or a hostile takeover of a troubled airline corporation or communications technology firm....

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha...This starting to feeling like NBA Watergate or something.

If somebody setup old Sterling, there was likely motive (maybe just malice or payback) but if there was financial motive -- then we have a conspiracy in the making.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ridiculous.
He may be a smart and somewhat shrewd business man....but he certainly isn't stupid enough to want to risk all he has gained for that.

How would that be viewed as a good business move??

That would be collusion, along with a litany of other possible infractions...( inc. blackmail, extortion, premeditation). Besides....when the smoke clears and dust settles on this,..there's not an iota of any guarantee whatsoever he'll be offered or even awarded ownership of that team.

It's not Wall Street or a hostile takeover of a troubled airline corporation or communications technology firm....

How would it be stupid? There is no collusion, extortion, or blackmail because Magic didn't have to do anything to have Sterling bury himself. He just had one of Sterling's mistresses talk to him and record him. Magic basically brought Sterling down and kept his hands clean. It's actually rather genius of Magic if you ask me. Magic just took advantage of a racist idiot and let him bury himself.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha...This starting to feeling like NBA Watergate or something.

If somebody setup old Sterling, there was likely motive (maybe just malice or payback) but if there was financial motive -- then we have a conspiracy in the making.

Have you ever heard of the show "Leverage"? It reminds me more of that than anything.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep...and they were also based in san diego back in the day, before moving up I-5

San Diego Clippers actually makes sense. San Diego is actually known for that. They should've changed the name when they moved to LA. Then again, Lakers should've also changed their name when they moved to LA.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Aww, I sorry, baller. Please tell me, where have I sucked up to the mods? I'm on pins and needles, awaiting your profound and deeply telling answer.

It's not worth the effort to indulge a bipolar individual such as yourself. The Niners board has improved considerably since you stopped posting there btw. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching people debate & calling each other names, is priceless. :pop2:

lol - I gave up on this one - I had some audits to write up for money in my pocket instead of watching these clowns say they more than the NBA Commissioner. Obviously some crackheads in here

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would it be stupid? There is no collusion, extortion, or blackmail because Magic didn't have to do anything to have Sterling bury himself. He just had one of Sterling's mistresses talk to him and record him. Magic basically brought Sterling down and kept his hands clean. It's actually rather genius of Magic if you ask me. Magic just took advantage of a racist idiot and let him bury himself.

Absolute and utter nonsense.

That would be and is by the very definition....collusion....not to mention premeditation.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - I gave up on this one - I had some audits to write up for money in my pocket instead of watching these clowns say they more than the NBA Commissioner. Obviously some crackheads in here

Must say, you did a heck of a job debating this. Learned a lot from reading your posts on this in regards to the bylaws of the NBA. Nice work :suds:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those defending Sterling are so fixated on how the audio recording is retrieved

The method in which the audio recording was retrieved may be immoral and illegal...but it doesn't take away from the fact that Sterling said what he said

His views have been known for years and now they are exposed to the public. Sure, that girl is a gold digging ho and she should be punished in some way too...but she's irrelevant in the big picture.

Donald Sterling is the owner of an NBA team and he is in a position of power to employ people of all different races. When your views of black people are made public like that in a sport that is mostly black...you are going to be ousted from the league.

The NBA had to act quickly and swiftly. Their product was in danger of losing corporate support, support from the fans, and support from the players. Millions of dollars and moving forward potentially billions were on the line if action was not taken properly.

To those arguing freedom of speech. Yes, Sterling has the right to say whatever he wants. But it doesn't mean that he is immune to consequences because of the first amendment.

I mean I'm allowed to say whatever I want on this board too. But since I'm signed up and bind by the rules of SportsHoopla...if I go on a trolling tirade or start spouting out f*** the mods...I'm gonna get a life time ban.

Now...if I never said f*** the mods in public and only said it in a conversation with a friend and that said private conversation would somehow get leaked out to the mods and ultimately result in my ban. I would be mad at the person that snitched...but if I had never said that in the first place I wouldn't have gotten banned.

Same case with Sterling. Sure it was wrong for the girl to do that. But no one forced Sterling to say it. He said it and now he is reaping the consequences.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Magic would have to do is plead the 5th.

And what about the other potential litigants...along with phone records, emails etc....yada yada ??

Do you for one minute actually believe Magic would be naive enough to trust Sterling's GF with anything that could possibly be traced back to him??

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what about the other potential litigants...along with phone records, emails etc....yada yada ??

Do you for one minute actually believe Magic would be naive enough to trust Sterling's GF with anything that could possibly be traced back to him??

Phone records & emails? If I'm Magic I would just bring it up while she's taking a picture on Instagram. This could've easily been done without leaving a paper trail. Just tell her to goad him into saying something racist and have her record it. Magic ain't no fool.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those defending Sterling are so fixated on how the audio recording is retrieved

The method in which the audio recording was retrieved may be immoral and illegal...but it doesn't take away from the fact that Sterling said what he said

His views have been known for years and now they are exposed to the public. Sure, that girl is a gold digging ho and she should be punished in some way too...but she's irrelevant in the big picture.

Donald Sterling is the owner of an NBA team and he is in a position of power to employ people of all different races. When your views of black people are made public like that in a sport that is mostly black...you are going to be ousted from the league.

The NBA had to act quickly and swiftly. Their product was in danger of losing corporate support, support from the fans, and support from the players. Millions of dollars and moving forward potentially billions were on the line if action was not taken properly.

To those arguing freedom of speech. Yes, Sterling has the right to say whatever he wants. But it doesn't mean that he is immune to consequences because of the first amendment.

I mean I'm allowed to say whatever I want on this board too. But since I'm signed up and bind by the rules of SportsHoopla...if I go on a trolling tirade or start spouting out f*** the mods...I'm gonna get a life time ban.

Now...if I never said f*** the mods in public and only said it in a conversation with a friend and that said private conversation would somehow get leaked out to the mods and ultimately result in my ban. I would be mad at the person that snitched...but if I had never said that in the first place I wouldn't have gotten banned.

Same case with Sterling. Sure it was wrong for the girl to do that. But no one forced Sterling to say it. He said it and now he is reaping the consequences.

:agree:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I noticed that a lot of the Sterling supporters tend to ignore your most important points and tend to zero in on the minor points in this issue

Then they would make a sarcastic remark and then find some grammatical error to criticize and walk away feeling like they were right

Valiant effort though man. No need to continue it. People's views are concrete no matter how many logical points you may bring up.