• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a franchiser like the NBA, I would like to have the power to remove a franchisee if they were to tarnish my brand like how Don Sterling did to the NBA. I think what happened to him was fair considering the PR nightmare it turned out to be. If the government did this to him it would be a different story, but I don't blame the NBA for looking out for their best interests.

Yes from a PR standpoint I get it.

However, the world gets very, very murky when all our private conversations can be taped at any time by anyone in any context and in any setting then instantly broadcast to the world for instant prosecution, trial and execution.

(This is a slippery, slippery slope because very, very few people never say anything regrettable)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes from a PR standpoint I get it.

However, the world gets very, very murky when all our private conversations can be taped at any time by anyone in any context and in any setting then instantly broadcast to the world for instant prosecution, trial and execution.

(This is a slippery, slippery slope because very, very few people never say anything regrettable)

That might be true but I think we're kidding ourselves when we expect any sense of privacy. In this day & age everything we say can & will be used against us. This is why the Doobster makes sure to not trust anyone.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And you're an idiot. I know what's going on and have the entire time. I simply stated that it set's a terrible precedent, the way it was handled. Maybe you just have no ability to comprehend outside of your little (and I mean tiny) box. It's all good, "baller," no ill will.

You're right. I don't have the ability to comprehend your bipolar posts.

P.S. Continue sucking up to the mods on SportsHoopla. It suits you well.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. I don't have the ability to comprehend your bipolar posts.

P.S. Continue sucking up to the mods on SportsHoopla. It suits you well.

Aww, I sorry, baller. Please tell me, where have I sucked up to the mods? I'm on pins and needles, awaiting your profound and deeply telling answer.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. (nor do I believe he was "set up" )

I think he finally got what was coming to him after years and years of bigotry.

I think he got what he deserved but I have a hard time believing he didn't get setup & that magic was the one behind it.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he got what he deserved but I have a hard time believing he didn't get setup & that magic was the one behind it.

I ain't buying that theory for one second......

Magic has too much integrity and way too much too lose if that were ever proved to be the case.

He could jeopardize his own empire and totally ruin his legacy.
I just don't see it...... also, I'm not big on conspiracy theories.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't buying that theory for one second......

Magic has too much integrity and way too much too lose if that were ever proved to be the case.

He could jeopardize his own empire and totally ruin his legacy.
I just don't see it...... also, I'm not big on conspiracy theories.

Just because Magic is a nice guy doesn't mean he won't compromise that for the sake of business, especially when a low life racist like Don Sterling is the mark. Magic's reputation won't be compromised for taking Sterling out; in fact, I think it adds to his legacy. Props to Magic for playing this perfectly.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW if I were in Magic's position I would've done the same thing. It's just a good business move, nothing more & nothing less.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels like a setup. But I doubt Magic would get involved in something like this. Magic has been the top shelf and no dust for a long, long time.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't the Clippers originally called the Buffalo Braves? Not so brave now but they are full of bull.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels like a setup. But I doubt Magic would get involved in something like this. Magic has been the top shelf and no dust for a long, long time.

I have to disagree, if anyone is going to setup Sterling it would be Magic. He has the most to gain. Motive, opportunity, & means all point to Magic.