• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always admit when I am demonstrated to be incorrect.

If you haven't seen it it's because it rarely happens. :thumb:

Do your parents know your on the computer trolling an adult web site????

tool.gif

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Sterling has got a way in to Clipper games the rest of his life....

:shocked:

penny-marshall-celebrities-at-the-clippers-playoff_4161715.jpg

It appears he finds that treat "delicious".

I'm not going to be able to use that word in the near future after reading his court exerpt from that case 10 years ago. :: shudder ::

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald Sterling, NBA set for epic legal fight over Clippers - NBA - Michael McCann - SI.com

Nearly every legal analyst, as well as media outlet disagrees with you, JDM

Fact is, you're wrong......and you're too stubborn to admit it or figure it out on your own.

Minus the link, I was just about to post the same thing. The most amusing part of the thread is every legal analyst I've seen on multiple news sites and networks agrees that while Sterling may sue, he stands little chance at winning. Yet JDM is the only one that says the NBA "has no shot". Fellas, Sports SportsHoopla has the best lawyer in the world

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had forgotten Penny Marshall was still alive

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laverne and Shirley was funny when I was a kid. I had the hots for Shirley and thought Lenny and Squiggy were totally cool.

celticsintheoc

bleed green
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do manage to clean house and get sterling out would the nba please go for the gold and get rid of that piece of shit joey crawford as well :hope:

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling may be a billionaire but his competition the Guggenheim Group is worth somewhere around 200 billion. This group wanted to buy the Lakers but they wouldn't sell. They bought the Dodgers and paraded their minority owner Magic Johnson around although he owns very little of that team. They most likely will do the same in trying to purchase the Clippers. Sterling mentioned one person he didn't want to see at Clippers games and it was Magic Johnson. Guess who the Guggenheim Group will throw out their as their new minority owner. Think it was just random that Sterling's mistress was in that photo with Magic. Sterling was set up and they got him.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minus the link, I was just about to post the same thing. The most amusing part of the thread is every legal analyst I've seen on multiple news sites and networks agrees that while Sterling may sue, he stands little chance at winning. Yet JDM is the only one that says the NBA "has no shot". Fellas, Sports SportsHoopla has the best lawyer in the world

Sterling is done and most likely will cash out in a huge way.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minus the link, I was just about to post the same thing. The most amusing part of the thread is every legal analyst I've seen on multiple news sites and networks agrees that while Sterling may sue, he stands little chainnce at winning. Yet JDM is the only one that says the NBA "has no shot". Fellas, Sports SportsHoopla has the best lawyer in the world

It doesn't matter what legal analysts say (or what we say either). What matters is what a judge says if it comes to that. Silver's job is to get this resolved while dodging the courts but he decided to put on a Mountain Landis act and banned the guy for life while talking about forcing him to sell the team. The NBA is a league that thinks it can do whatever it wants without any sort of consequences. If this were MLB or the NFL there would have been an indefinite suspension and they would have sorted things out in the off-season. But this is the NBA and apparently they have to worry about their employees refusing to work if the FO doesn't bend over for them. If this were a NFL owner do you think that the players would contemplate not showing up?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling may be a billionaire but his competition the Guggenheim Group is worth somewhere around 200 billion. This group wanted to buy the Lakers but they wouldn't sell. They bought the Dodgers and paraded their minority owner Magic Johnson around although he owns very little of that team. They most likely will do the same in trying to purchase the Clippers. Sterling mentioned one person he didn't want to see at Clippers games and it was Magic Johnson. Guess who the Guggenheim Group will throw out their as their new minority owner. Think it was just random that Sterling's mistress was in that photo with Magic. Sterling was set up and they got him.

:agree:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much respect I got for Magic, I do believe he had Sterling setup. Sterling deserved to go down tho, so no ill feelings towards Magic.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Sterling Thing: Feels like a False Note...

O.K. I've just been observing from the periphery. Hell, I don't even have all the facts. Also, I'm moderate to moderate / liberal. So, I usually side with minorities, underdogs and the poor.

BUT:

This thing just feels like a politically correct witch hunt and foolish rush to judgement. It feels like it's gonna backfire somehow. It feels like some kind of absurd reverse racism that can be swallowed but not digested. It won't stay down. It will get puked back up...

Anyone else get this feeling? :noidea:

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much respect I got for Magic, I do believe he had Sterling setup. Sterling deserved to go down tho, so no ill feelings towards Magic.

If you listen to the conversation Sterling had with his mistress its like he hardly knew her. I mean he didn't even know she was half black and half Mexican. Was it not Magic the first one to go rampant with the Twitter posts once this was news.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NBA was just looking out for their best interest. If you own a business and your business partner does everything possible to compromise the image of your brand you're going to want them out. I think that's what the NBA's motivation was more than anything else. Nothing personal, just business.