• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you listen to the conversation Sterling had with his mistress its like he hardly knew her. I mean he didn't even know she was half black and half Mexican. Was it not Magic the first one to go rampant with the Twitter posts once this was news.

I don't know the timeline of the Twitter reactions but I think when it's all said & done Magic will come out the biggest winner of the Sterling controversy. Not gonna hate on Magic tho. Sterling was a cancer to the league & an easy target. Props to Magic for bringing him down without lifting a finger.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the crazy thing about Justice / Injustice. Even if it involves some repulsive old white cuss, who is really easy to hate -- we still know in our guts that he's getting the shaft.:nod:

Valid point, this might be more about karma than it is about justice.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NBA was just looking out for their best interest. If you own a business and your business partner does everything possible to compromise the image of your brand you're going to want them out. I think that's what the NBA's motivation was more than anything else. Nothing personal, just business.

I here you and agree with your statement. But, yet I think in their rush to distance themselves too quickly -- the NBA may have made a big mistake. This just doesn't pass the smell test.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This thread moves fast. All I could tell by skimming is that RoboticDreams, JDM, and Misko still don't know what's going on.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I here you and agree with your statement. But, yet I think in their rush to distance themselves too quickly -- the NBA may have made a big mistake. This just doesn't pass the smell test.

I personally would've gotten rid of him when that Elgin Baylor discrimination lawsuit took place, but the Clippers were irrelevant back then so no one cared.

Berkeley_Blues

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally would've gotten rid of him when that Elgin Baylor discrimination lawsuit took place, but the Clippers were irrelevant back then so no one cared.

If there has been an entrenched pattern of racism with this guy -- then my point is moot. If there is a pattern then maybe this is really justice.

Last edited by a moderator:

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #370
"He's right, and the owners aren't going to set the precedent that that's acceptable. They know damn well it could easily be twisted to apply to them next."

Post #394
"The owners won't set that precedent."

Post #400
"It won't be a handful. It will be a strong majority. They won't set the precedent that a private conversation can have them forced out of a several hundred million dollar investment."

Post #420
"A private conversation, illegally recorded and publicized, is not grounds to force someone to divest their property. The owners will not set a precedent that it is."

Post #423
"Regardless, there will not be the votes to kick him."

Post #537
"But even if there were, the owners absolutely will not set the precedent that they can have their team disbanded for a private conversation. There is way too little to gain by doing so and way too much to lose."

Post #542
"If you're disputing that the owners will set the precedent that they can have their property taken away from them based on their behavior entirely in private, you don't understand people very well."

Post #599
"Even if the terms did exist, do you see 3/4 of the owners supporting the precedent that they can have their team taken away for a private conversation. Some may, but even a majority isn't that likely. They need 75%."

Post #619
"But it probably won't come to that. The owners won't give silver the vote he wants. The reason he came out and said anything now is for the playoffs. He doesn't want to lose the viewership for the playoffs. When that is over, that is when this battle will actually start. Silver won't win. There is no case for the owners to contractually be allowed to vote on this."

That would be 9 separate posts where you claimed that the owners will not vote to remove Sterling. Wanna know how many posts you said that there was a low chance that they might vote him out? ZERO. The only thing you posted remotely close to that was an "Even if....." statement.

So, 9 times you have stated that they will not vote to remove him.

Backpedaling indeed.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If there has been an entrenched pattern of racism with this guy -- then my point is moot. If there is a pattern then maybe this is really justice.

Check out the housing discrimination lawsuit against Sterling. Pretty eye opening stuff.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the thing, he has a long history of this. People didn't pay attention in the past because the Clippers were irrelevant. Truth is that his racist comments are rather tame compared to his previous actions.

Berkeley_Blues

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole backdrop of this just smells. I mean it was a private conversation with his woman that was taped with a dark motive...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole backdrop of this just smells. I mean it was a private conversation with his woman that was taped with a dark motive...

I agree, if they took legal action against him the recorded conversation isn't likely to hold up in court.

Berkeley_Blues

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Sterling is certainly guilty of poor taste and poor judgement. But should we be crucifying people for exhibiting bad taste?

If so, will we end up crucifying others for similar bad taste in the other direction?

(I see this whole thing as a very slippery slope)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Sterling is certainly guilty of poor taste and poor judgement. But should we be crucifying people for exhibiting bad taste?

If so, will we end up crucifying others for similar bad taste in the other direction?

(I see this whole thing as a very slippery slope)

If I were a franchiser like the NBA, I would like to have the power to remove a franchisee if they were to tarnish my brand like how Don Sterling did to the NBA. I think what happened to him was fair considering the PR nightmare it turned out to be. If the government did this to him it would be a different story, but I don't blame the NBA for looking out for their best interests.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread moves fast. All I could tell by skimming is that RoboticDreams, JDM, and Misko still don't know what's going on.

And you're an idiot. I know what's going on and have the entire time. I simply stated that it set's a terrible precedent, the way it was handled. Maybe you just have no ability to comprehend outside of your little (and I mean tiny) box. It's all good, "baller," no ill will.