• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to go to store and Im like 10 pages behind now. Just an update would be nice. Did everyone agree with my opinions yet? If not, get a clue morans! :D

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know at 81 years old, a life time ban could equal to less than a year. :omg:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The constitution is online......looks you're now 0-2. READ IT. You are very wrong - there is no implicit breach of contract. They have FULL RIGHT to vote him out.

Man, you really know how to stick to your guns when you are completely wrong, but hey, stick in there champ.

I read the relevant section. Please be kind enough to point out which clause of Article 13 applies.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be mean, rude or funny here, robo...just curious is all......but do you suffer from bi-polar disorder or from short term memory loss of some kind?

Just because I don't like the way this went down doesn't mean I support blatant racistm. I know that's shocking but it's true. Don't worry about being mean, I can take it. I support his stance on principle and because of the precedent this sets, not because I support the way he treats minorities.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently David Stern was a bigger bitch than I thought he was. He tiptoed around Sterling for years. Wonder why?

If NBA greats, past and present, would have demanded he be removed, things would have been different. That never happened.

That's what is going on now. Players are demanding action. So are many fans. The harm that could be done to the league/franchise if the league dragged their feet on this would have been huge.

Get rid of the guy and move on.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because I don't like the way this went down doesn't mean I support blatant racistm. I know that's shocking but it's true. Don't worry about being mean, I can take it. I support his stance on principle and because of the precedent this sets, not because I support the way he treats minorities.

Exactly. Racism is bad.

But laws exist, and contracts exist, and they must be followed.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to go to store and Im like 10 pages behind now. Just an update would be nice. Did everyone agree with my opinions yet? If not, get a clue morans! :D

Basically, under the NBA By Laws, they have every right to remove him. He doesn't have much of a leg to stand on if he chooses to fight it, given HOW the by-laws are written. It can go to arbitration, but guess who gets to decide on the arbitrator???

So in essence, Sterling is screwed. He has virtually no legal recourse. And as you've seen already, people here are going to argue anything, no matter how wrong they actually are.

I've seen all I need to. Sterling is done, and will soon either own a worthless basketball franchise, or not. But his days in the NBA are OFFICIALLY over.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, under the NBA By Laws, they have every right to remove him. He doesn't have much of a leg to stand on if he chooses to fight it, given HOW the by-laws are written. It can go to arbitration, but guess who gets to decide on the arbitrator???

So in essence, Sterling is screwed. He has virtually no legal recourse. And as you've seen already, people here are going to argue anything, no matter how wrong they actually are.

I've seen all I need to. Sterling is done, and will soon either own a worthless basketball franchise, or not. But his days in the NBA are OFFICIALLY over.

Which section of article 13 applies here?

If the NBA fixed the arbitration he will have no problem getting the case to an actual court.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which section of article 13 applies here?

If the NBA fixed the arbitration he will have no problem getting the case to an actual court.

13a. He has to prove OTHERWISE. They do not. The commissioner has full rights to make that determination, and it go to arbitration.

Sterling has scant LITTLE ground here to move . He's DONE. You keep arguing against what is EXACTLY happening......I really don't understand this on your part.

They CAN do it.......they ARE doing it. And you are here arguing they can't, when they clearly CAN AND ARE.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What rule did he willfully violate? Is there a rule governing private conversations with your significant other somewhere in the NBA by laws?

It being released was not a willful action on his part and cannot be subject to this article.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What rule did he willfully violate? Is there a rule governing private conversations with your significant other somewhere in the NBA by laws?

It being released was not a willful action on his part and cannot be subject to this article.

That's subject to the rationale of the commissioner - this is what you are missing. The commissioner has ALREADY deemed this so. The owners are in accord with him.

So the ONLY option Sterling has is arbitration, which is more or less rigged against him. He's lost before he's started. He has to get an arbitrator that the league chooses to rule that the commissioner's application of the rules are unreasonable/irrational.

Good luck there. Maybe you should take the case.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's subject to the rationale of the commissioner - this is what you are missing. The commissioner has ALREADY deemed this so. The owners are in accord with him.

So the ONLY option Stern has is arbitration, which is more or less rigged against him. He's lost before he's started. He has to get an arbitrator that the league chooses to rule that the commissioner's application of the rules are unreasonable/irrational.

If the arbitration is rigged, that is legal cause for the arbitration to be voided and for the case to go to actual court. In actual court, he will wipe the floor with the NBA. He did not come close to meeting any of the conditions they have listed for a team to be terminated.

But it probably won't come to that. The owners won't give silver the vote he wants. The reason he came out and said anything now is for the playoffs. He doesn't want to lose the viewership for the playoffs. When that is over, that is when this battle will actually start. Silver won't win. There is no case for the owners to contractually be allowed to vote on this.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit...Imma' go home if SoCalWizFan isn't going to come back and call me more names. Danged PC Nazis.

:noidea: :laugh3:

First of all, no they didn't or they'd have had the vengeance of a nationwide terror group on them, not to mention the local sheriff. But if they had, that would be okay, right?

Well, I know...and there's nothing like someone feeling empowered (and morally superior) to make them vulnerable to trolling. :croc:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke. They're worried about ratings for the playoffs so they rush this crap through without anything resembling due process. The NBA deserves Sterling as much as Sterling deserves that bat shit crazy gold digger that ruined him.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the ONLY option Sterling has is arbitration, which is more or less rigged against him. He's lost before he's started. He has to get an arbitrator that the league chooses to rule that the commissioner's application of the rules are unreasonable/irrational.

Seems like a wonderful system they got going there. No wonder Stern was such a pompous prick when being asked questions he didn't pre-approve. He basically had absolute power as does his hand picked successor.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10155044_10202980837514426_3379344631515401590_n.jpg

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, on the point of the commissioners ability to suspend, the clauses specifically state that that power only applies for rule violations that do not have an attached penalty. Since any rules violation by the owner is punished under section 15, 24(l) does not apply. The penalty is fixed already to being whatever the owners vote on.