• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is what it is. The NBA is the most diverse league in the US.....you can't have a guy in power that is openly known to be a bigot, it just doesn't work. They more or less HAD to remove him.

But yeah, the problem with the chick is a problem with reality TV. We have these shows that tell side chicks they can be stars......they not content with holding the clipboard, they want to start for the team......get houses, cars, jobs hosting parties.......and our society has given them power now to take down dudes.......this is our fault as a society.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just proving the point that the punishment is about appeasement until the playoffs are over.

Silver knows damn well it won't stick.

WTF do you care, they drug test in the NBA and in your words would make it a shitty business. So why waist your supreme stupidity on something you think is shitty to begin with????

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bi-laws of the NBA are not secret and never have been though. As a non-profit corporation, their bi-laws is a matter of record. ESPN had already commented on this provision before the NBA released anything and when you think about - while this has never happened before- they simply have to have a way of getting rid of someone that would destroy the NBA. I think Sterling is simply toast and it's a matter of time. In fact - even though it's not his style - I think he will agree to sell the team pretty quick - He's 81 and can get the credit for building the team to what it is now, he will make a sizable profit and can simply crawl back into hiding. It's a win win for everyone. No one is out to convict him of a crime. It's very simple - they want him out of an organization that promotes equality and fairness to everyone.

You sure about this? I didn't think the NBA had non-profit tax exempt status. The NFL is but I don't think the NBA is. Only reason I question it is because I remember it when the NFL was doing its labor negotiations. And ESPN commented on the provision not because it was available for anyone, but because someone leaked a document to them. It's the same way Deadspin got the provision a few days ago. And now the NBA has just made it public for anyone

Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first time I've so much as glanced at an NBA headline in years.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling apologists are funny, they've been defending him ever since the controversy came out yet they act like they aren't fans of his racism.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about all the fake outrage directed at Larry Johnson by Don Sterling's racist supporters?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think that you know more than Silver, the commissioner of the NBA and a skilled lawyer?:L
Yes he does. JDM knows more than anyone on planet earth about everything. Didn't you get the memo?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure about this? I didn't think the NBA had non-profit tax exempt status. The NFL is but I don't think the NBA is. Only reason I question it is because I remember it when the NFL was doing its labor negotiations. And ESPN commented on the provision not because it was available for anyone, but because someone leaked a document to them. It's the same way Deadspin got the provision a few days ago. And now the NBA has just made it public for anyone

The National Basketball Association itself is a non-profit corporation like the NBPA and other unions. The individual owners, however do pay taxes. I just want to clarify - that exemption is what gives them the autonomy to remove owners at will. It is a non-profit and to remain a member - each owner must follow the rules

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a good decision, but I'm sure this will be a long winded process to ousting him..

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling apologists are funny, they've been defending him ever since the controversy came out yet they act like they aren't fans of his racism.

STERLING APOLOGISTS = DEFENDING RACISM - FOR THEIR OWN SPECIAL INTERESTS

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one is defending his actions.

We are defending his right to his business. Contractually they do not have grounds to terminate their relationship with him.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STERLING APOLOGISTS = DEFENDING RACISM - FOR THEIR OWN SPECIAL INTERESTS

They've managed to convince themselves that Don Sterling did nothing wrong; in fact, they act like he's a victim. I wouldn't be surprised to hear one say that he's the best owner in the NBA.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is defending his actions.

We are defending his right to his business. Contractually they do not have grounds to terminate their relationship with him.

You need to pay closer attention. Plenty of people have said he didn't do anything wrong.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an NBA rules perspective.

He didn't violate any NBA rules.

Stop acting like you know what the rules are. You don't. They aren't made public. Pretty sure Adam Silver knows the by laws better than you do.