• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling apologists are funny, they've been defending him ever since the controversy came out yet they act like they aren't fans of his racism.

Who the hell is defending him? The guy gets what he deserves. The point is that Silver cowered to the backlash from an illegal taping of a conversation of one of his owners (who should have been locked up years ago for being a slum lord) and made a ridiculous decision. It took him less than a week to ban an owner for life and call for him to sell a 500 million dollar franchise? The lynch mob after this guy is almost as bad as he is.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop acting like you know what the rules are. You don't. They aren't made public. Pretty sure Adam Silver knows the by laws better than you do.

The constitution was made public, and practically everything else already was public.

He didn't violate any rules. There aren't rules on what you can say in a private conversation to a girlfriend.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is defending him? The guy gets what he deserves. The point is that Silver cowered to the backlash from an illegal taping of a conversation of one of his owners (who should have been locked up years ago for being a slum lord) and made a ridiculous decision. It took him less than a week to ban an owner for life and call for him to sell a 500 million dollar franchise? The lynch mob after this guy is almost as bad as he is.

It is a franchise, and he is nothing more than a franchisee.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone give me the cliff notes on his history of racism? Legitimately...not an NBA fan, so...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should have stripped him naked, tarred and feathered him and then lynched him

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The constitution was made public, and practically everything else already was public.

He didn't violate any rules. There aren't rules on what you can say in a private conversation to a girlfriend.

"interest of the game clause" we went thru this yesterday, of course you'll pretend it holds no validity even tho it's been invoked on many instances such as this. But keep thinking you know more about the bylaws of the NBA than Adam Silver.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A franchise with contractual clauses limiting what circumstances allow that franchise to be punished and to what extent.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over for him. The only cause of action he has his against the ho and that's only if he can convince a judge or jury he wasn't aware he was being recorded. Trying to get his money back out of her hasn't been going real well so far. It's now a matter of public record. How it became a matter of public record is irrelevant with respect to any action the association takes against him. He's done. His sponsors are gone and they ain't coming back if he stays. Many if not most of his fan base will be gone if he sticks around. Nobody will want to play for him. The only thing he accomplishes by dragging it out is he gets to watch the value of his asset drop like a rock.... an asset that's about 1/3 of his net worth if these interwebs can be trusted. Now wtf did Larry Johnson say exactly and was it in response to this situation ?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"interest of the game clause" we went thru this yesterday, of course you'll pretend it holds no validity even tho it's been invoked on many instances such as this. But keep thinking you know more about the bylaws of the NBA than Adam Silver.

The interest of the game clause gives him the right to a fine up to a million and suspension.

It does not give him the right to a 2.5 million dollar fine or to get his team terminated.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interest of the game clause gives him the right to a fine up to a million and suspension.

It does not give him the right to a 2.5 million dollar fine or to get his team terminated.

His team isn't being terminated, he is.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling apologists are funny, they've been defending him ever since the controversy came out yet they act like they aren't fans of his racism.

For some reason you seem incapable of differentiating between principle and being a fanboy of a racist pos. He has the right to be a racist bigot in private. The fact that it was recorded and sold to TMZ seems to escape your black and white model of thinking. If he gave a press conference or an interview and shared those views then it's a public matter, that he WILLINGLY expressed for public consumption. I understand it was made public but it was still a private conversation that was made public. Racism is wrong and nobody is denying that. At least I haven't seen anyone justifying his comments. It's the fact that he has a right to have them, bigoted or not and not have the rights to his team stripped from him. I'm sure guys like you have never uttered anything but pleasantries in your own private time, so you are so righteous that this doesn't affect you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason you seem incapable of differentiating between principle and being a fanboy of a racist pos. He has the right to be a racist bigot in private. The fact that it was recorded and sold to TMZ seems to escape your black and white model of thinking. If he gave a press conference or an interview and shared those views then it's a public matter, that he WILLINGLY expressed for public consumption. I understand it was made public but it was still a private conversation that he was made public. Racism is wrong and nobody is denying that. At least I haven't seen anyone justifying his comments. It's the fact that he has a right to have them, bigoted or not and not have the rights to his team stripped from him. I'm sure guys like you have never uttered anything but pleasantries in your own private time, so you are so righteous that this doesn't affect you.

I haven't said anything racist since the early 2000s, when I was into hip hop. A much better track record than Don Sterling.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a franchise, and he is nothing more than a franchisee.

He's nothing more than a franchise? I thought he was some racist geezer on his last legs who realizes that he can't take a billion dollars with him and is willing to throw caution to the wind to bang twenty-something bimbos.

It's more complicated than that. This is a billion dollar business with a real uncomfortable relation with anti-trust law. We're not talking about a 7-11 here.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason you seem incapable of differentiating between principle and being a fanboy of a racist pos. He has the right to be a racist bigot in private. The fact that it was recorded and sold to TMZ seems to escape your black and white model of thinking. If he gave a press conference or an interview and shared those views then it's a public matter, that he WILLINGLY expressed for public consumption. I understand it was made public but it was still a private conversation that he was made public. Racism is wrong and nobody is denying that. At least I haven't seen anyone justifying his comments. It's the fact that he has a right to have them, bigoted or not and not have the rights to his team stripped from him. I'm sure guys like you have never uttered anything but pleasantries in your own private time, so you are so righteous that this doesn't affect you.

It doesn't matter whether it was private or public, legally of illegally recorded. It's public now and the marketplace has spoken. He's been found guilty in the court of public opinion which is the only court that matters when you're in the entertainment business. He's done.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you're in the clear, bro. Keep up the good work.

I will, it's easy when you genuinely feel that racism is the most ignorant, illogical, and superficial way to judge anyone. I don't even make racist jokes anymore. I just find racism to be completely stupid. Not hard to filter the racism out of your life.

I will admit some prejudice tho.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter whether it was private or public, legally of illegally recorded. It's public now and the marketplace has spoken. He's been found guilty in the court of public opinion which is the only court that matters when you're in the entertainment business. He's done.

The marketplace can.

The NBA cannot. They have guidelines they must follow.