• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a smart PR guy, you mean. The only reason to even pretend they can do this is to keep the playoffs from getting hit.

When the dust clears, he will still have his team unless he gets a very good offer for it.

He says they can - ESPN has already had legal experts say they can - If he had used the N word - then this wouldn't be happening but his views are quite public. In fact if it wasn't for the last twenty years of racist activities, I think you would be right, but this actually merely gave them the proof they needed. Truthfully they should have removed this A-whole along with the Cavaliers in Contraction any way two years or more ago

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I could literally have 90% of my brain surgically removed and still wipe the floor with you.

So could that first grader you're talking about. :nod:

Based on your posts in the NFL forum, I as well as many others would highly disagree, so please keep it in your pants.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic Johsnon tweeted earlier that he is "hoping the other 29 owners will do the right thing" in forcing Sterling to sell the company and his group is interested in buying the Clippers - this is rolling down hill and getting bigger by the minute

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on your posts in the NFL forum, I as well as many others would highly disagree, so please keep it in your pants.

So he is saying that he does not use 90% of his brain?

That explains a lot though:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could literally have 90% of my brain surgically removed and still wipe the floor with you.

So could that first grader you're talking about. :nod:

So you acknowledge that you only use 10% of your brain?:laugh3:

Okayyyyyyyy

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change the Clippers name immediately as well. It is synonymous with D. Sterling.

Plus that is their San Diego name.

You are so correct. They would look a lot better named the Seattle Sonics wouldn't they? :whistle:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic Johsnon tweeted earlier that he is "hoping the other 29 owners will do the right thing" in forcing Sterling to sell the company and his group is interested in buying the Clippers - this is rolling down hill and getting bigger by the minute

Magic certainly doesn't stand to gain anything from the deal. He's just outraged to the tenth power.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic certainly doesn't stand to gain anything from the deal. He's just outraged to the tenth power.

I don't remember ever seeing anything like the outrage on this issue and I think some of the others would normally be correct about not being able to remove a owner under hurtful statements, but in this case all of Sterlings sponsers have cancelled their endorsements and the NBPLA have already stated that they would have boycotted the clippers in the coming months and season. That's more than enough to say that his actions were so detrimental to the NBA that he must be removed

The legal is not about ownership of a business - that's what they don't understand. Each business owner is a member of the NBA which is a tax exempt club. Each member must act in the best interests of the NBA and violating that trust is grounds for being excommunicated. If you were to go into your gym and rub another woman or guys ass in the spa or sauna - the would toss your ass out - no questions. So they can removed his membership and leave him intact with his assets. His assets, however would not do him any good without scheduled games - then he has to sell.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team must be sold to a black person and 50 bulls sacrificed to placate the NAACP.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Membership is part of his assets. They cannot just decide to remove his membership without contractually just cause, which does not exist.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Membership is part of his assets. They cannot just decide to remove his membership without contractually just cause, which does not exist.

Nope - not in the major league sports - otherwise Silver wouldn't be going for Sterling's head

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason Don Sterling has fans, all he had to do was say something racist. Who knew? :noidea:

and they're all the usual suspects for the most part. Pretty predictable for anyone who spends much time here and has been paying attention.