• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's done.

Does this mean white people can stop acting like we're offended by Sterling's comments?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is fact. Your own source you posted specifically stated that there must be a breach of contract for it to be possible to boot him.

If you're disputing that the owners will set the precedent that they can have their property taken away from them based on their behavior entirely in private, you don't understand people very well.

The owners will force him to sell to protect the entire NBA. His statements are that hurtful to the NBA

This will be the basis of their actions. By the way -it's not the first time an NBA owner has been removed - Look it up

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're discussing the legality of the recording, which she can get both arrested and sued in civil court for...

he can have fun with that if he chooses to, but it's entirely separate from the action the nba can takes against him.

not sure how much more barney style i can break this down, but carry on.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he can have fun with that if he chooses to, but it's entirely separate from the action the nba can takes against him.

It's like talking to a kid when it comes to JDM.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the Hawks owner Bruce Levenson and Michael Jordan both have agree to Sterling's ouster and I am pretty sure the same can be said for Jeanne Buss. I am going to put Cuban down in the no column but

Danny Ainge
Bruce Levensen
Michael Jordan

looks to be voting yes.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owners will force him to sell to protect the entire NBA. His statements are that hurtful to the NBA

This will be the basis of their actions. By the way -it's not the first time an NBA owner has been removed - Look it up

For specific reasons that had contractual validity.

They cannot just unilaterally decide to kick a team without a contractually valid cause. Being harmful to the NBA must be accompanied by a contractual breach to be valid. Your own source even told you that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least one NBA owner says he would vote to remove Donald Sterling as Los Angeles Clippers owner, depending on the results of the NBA's investigation.
Only with the approval of 75% of NBA owners could Sterling or any owner be removed from the league, ESPN.com reports based on a legal review of of the league's ownership constitution. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver is expected to announce Tuesday a verdict on the investigation into the audio recording released last week of a man alleged to be Sterling making racist statements to his girlfriend, and Atlanta Hawks owner Bruce Levenson has taken a strong stance on the topic.
"Sterling (if he is on the recording) should be given the maximum penalty for his comments," Levenson said Monday on Atlanta radio station 92.9/The Game. "I strongly believe that the league has to have a zero-tolerance policy against racism and discrimination in any form and I have faith that commissioner Adam Silver will act in what's the best interest of the league. I have expressed these views to Adam and my fellow owners."

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you truly believe that the mistreatment of blacks in this country ended 151 years ago?

Most people on this board were alive when segregation was alive and well. The mistreatment of blacks in this country is embarrassingly recent.

I'll be the fist to say that the sooner we can all get over that history, the better in terms of ending racism. But it is unfair to tell someone who was a victim of the mistreatment or had a parent or grandparent that was a victim of if to just get over it.

How fucking old are you? Lol, I was nowhere close to being alive when segregation was still around. :lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For specific reasons that had contractual validity.

They cannot just unilaterally decide to kick a team without a contractually valid cause. Being harmful to the NBA must be accompanied by a contractual breach to be valid. Your own source even told you that.

They can when those statements are unprecedented like those

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would not be difficult to argue breach of contract, actually. there's an ethical conduct clause that is quite broad.

i agree that they probably wouldn't go through with it, but the threat alone might be enough. if the threat does happen, it will be closed-door.

political posturing 101. not rocket science here.

"Conduct business in an ethical manner" is the relevant language per the post in the last page or two.

A private conversation is not a contract breach.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fucking old are you? Lol, I was nowhere close to being alive when segregation was still around. :lol:

He may be referring to segregation of equal but separate in prior to 1960 and perhaps a few years after before they started disbanding the practice

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they cannot. They are bound by the contracts in place.

yes they can -If they couldn't - there wouldn't be a discussion. Silver is a skilled lawyer and has already said they will be moving in that direction. I believe Silver when he says they can do it, but I don't believe you - you're not a lawyer

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said that it's separate from the NBA issue a while ago, TLF was continuing to claim that it was legal, which is what the information I provided was speaking to.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes they can -If they couldn't - there wouldn't be a discussion. Silver is a skilled lawyer and has already said they will be moving in that direction. I believe Silver when he says they can do it, but I don't believe you - you're not a lawyer

He's a smart PR guy, you mean. The only reason to even pretend they can do this is to keep the playoffs from getting hit.

When the dust clears, he will still have his team unless he gets a very good offer for it.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's a smart PR guy, you mean. The only reason to even pretend they can do this is to keep the playoffs from getting hit.

When the dust clears, he will still have his team unless he gets a very good offer for it.

Silver is an actual lawyer by profession. :L