• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a loyal Clippers fan since their days in San Diego, I will not watch another Clipper game or even support the Clippers until Sterling cuts all ties with the team. No amount of apologies, mea culpas, etc. can erase what he has said. He has to go NOW!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that this man has no place in the NBA, but I don't think the team should sit out because of his remarks.

The team shouldn't allow Donald Sterling's ignorant and racist beliefs ruin their season.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the NBA forces him to sell. They haven't acted against him in the past when he's made racist remarks. Most likely, they will suspend him, perhaps pending him taking some sensitivity training.

When MLB forced Marge Schott out, it was after several other steps to correct her behavior had failed.

I always wondered, what can't an owner do during suspension? Like, do they have to stay away from their own office? Can't talkwith team oofficials?

Somebody help a brother out.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't MLB also suspend Ted Turner for a year or two?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i havent read all 6 pages.. so please forgive me if this has been covered.

but how do you take away someone's team? i mean he owns it. i get people can stop showing up and basically cause him to lose enough money he sells it. which i really hope they do. but as horrible as what he said is... im not really sure you can take away someone's possessions because you dont like what they said. unless there is some sort of "behavior detrimental to the league" that applies to owners..

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wondered, what can't an owner do during suspension? Like, do they have to stay away from their own office? Can't talkwith team oofficials?

Somebody help a brother out.

That's what I was wondering, this won't take no effect on him, he is still the Owner.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ weighted in and said the 3rd or 4th most intelligent thing I have ever heard an NBA player say*.

I am not sure I would sit out, I worked too hard to have a bigot take it away, I might reach out to some acquaintances and see about having the c un t ass piece of shit person discuss his words more thoroughly in front of the audience....

LeBron James: 'No room' for Sterling in NBA if comments accurate - CBSSports.com

*Kobe has the number 1 quote in humanity, Kareem is easily top 3 with his statements on GOAT and I am just leaving room for another in comparison with LBJs latest statement.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10155670_745376132161211_4867638650893239079_n.jpg

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was already the worst owner in American pro sports before this, but now he really needs to go. I feel like this ass hole is gonna live til he's 100. The Clippers team/fans don't deserve another day of this guy.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i havent read all 6 pages.. so please forgive me if this has been covered.

but how do you take away someone's team? i mean he owns it. i get people can stop showing up and basically cause him to lose enough money he sells it. which i really hope they do. but as horrible as what he said is... im not really sure you can take away someone's possessions because you dont like what they said. unless there is some sort of "behavior detrimental to the league" that applies to owners..

I don't think there is. The only thing I know they can do right now is suspend him from appearing at games and speaking and then fine him. The only thing I know they can do is just put pressure on him and shame him to sell. Which might not work considering this is actually minor compared to stuff Sterling has done before and he's still refused to sell. It'll be interesting to see what happens. No matter what, I can't see it ending well for him.

In a perfect world, he's forced to sell the team. That Seattle group buys the team and becomes the Sonics again. LA is a Lakers town anyway. 90% of the population won't even know they're gone.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly disgusting stuff said by Sterling but i don't see how they can take the team from him for that

You need to hit him where it counts - the wallet. Don't go to the games. Don't buy the merchandise. This is a pipe dream though. There will be spectators at the game with this excuse or that excuse as to why they are there.

As for the players I understand it is the playoffs and they don't want to ruin any run by sitting out. I get that. But please don't feed me the naive BS about how they are playing for "themselves" and not Sterling. whether they admit it or not they are playing for the scumbag Sterling. If the Clippers get to the championship and win all of that ticket revenue and ad revenue will go into Sterling's pockets and Sterling will be right there hoisting the trophy and celebrating the championship (even if it is in the privacy of his own office).

If any of the players are offended by Sterling then sit out next year. Demand a trade. Draw a line in the sand and say you are not going to play for Sterling. It might mean their career but a stand for your morals should be more important than that right?

Anyways unfortunately I don't think anything will come out of this. The NBA will do some blustering act and fine/suspend Sterling but he will still be the owner.
The players will do their own blustering but in the end the almighty buck will prevail.

That's the sad reality in the world today.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody else just brought up a good point.

How embarrassed do you think David Stern feels about now after nixing the CP3 deal to the Lakers and then allowing Sterling to acquire him instead?

I don't think Stern is embarrased at all. He is probably thanking his lucky stars that he is retired and doesn't have to deal with this issue.

Heck he is probably going to call Sterling's GF and tell her to leave Sterling (if he hasn't already tossed her ass out) and that he'll be her sugar daddy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old man doesn't want his gold digging little girlfriend to fuck Magic Johnson. What's the big deal? He let a black guy run his garbage franchise forever. Hes more of a rich dipshit than a racist to me.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old man doesn't want his gold digging little girlfriend to fuck Magic Johnson. What's the big deal? He let a black guy run his garbage franchise forever. Hes more of a rich dipshit than a racist to me.

Actually he said she could bring him home and fuck him but just don't be seen in public with him and don't bring him to the Clippers games. :L

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he said she could bring him home and fuck him but just don't be seen in public with him and don't bring him to the Clippers games. :L

Sterling has a death wish now too? (I have heard the elderly are the largest growing age bracket for HIV.)

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Sterling is one weird dude.

And so is his "girlfriend".

The sum of the IQ level of that conversation was <100, racism aside.

How the hell he made his fortune is beyond me. :noidea:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remembered John Barrys pops is a raging racist.