• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wondered, what can't an owner do during suspension? Like, do they have to stay away from their own office? Can't talkwith team oofficials?

Somebody help a brother out.

From what I remember from the Marge Schott situation is that she was suspended from any and all baseball operations. In fact, if memory serves, she wasn't even allowed to attend her own teams games.

celticsintheoc

bleed green
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling is like a hundred years old the old fart cant be long for this world anyway.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling is 81 years old, but what is more interesting is the executive producer that published the recording, when asked if that was the only recording said this:

" I am not at liberty to say at this time and I hate when when people say no comment, but no comment. I can't answer this question, but all I can say is that we obtained everything on our legally and we waited several days after attempting to contact Mr Sterling and gave him a fair chance to respond to the recording and give us his side. He never returned any of our calls"

This was on the ESPN 710 radio today

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why Stern didn't get rid of him, they thought he'd have died by now.

But let's not kid ourselves, the guy is guilty......he never even denied it. All this "due process" nonsense from Silver is just to buy time for the lawyers and PR firms to figure out a good enough "see what had happened was" excuse - the players are going to have to force the hand of the league.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I remember from the Marge Schott situation is that she was suspended from any and all baseball operations. In fact, if memory serves, she wasn't even allowed to attend her own teams games.

She was forced to turn over day to day operations to other people and then forced to sell the team, but keep one thing in mind. The conversations with Sterling were illegally recorded. It is illegal to record a telephone conversation in California without the express permission of the other party in advance -UNLESS YOU ARE RECORDING IT FOR CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION PURPOSES. I am not excusing Sterling by any means, but the guy is worth over two billion dollars and has done nothing illegal. Ripping the Clippers out of his hand right now could have a devastating affect on the NBA still recovering from years and years of an economic slump and Sterling will most likely argue that now you are trying to tell him what he can or can't think.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remembered John Barrys pops is a raging racist.

You always keep it relevant don't ya, scatterbrain. Try to keep it on topic. I'm sure there are plenty of racist players as well but that is beside the point.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why Stern didn't get rid of him, they thought he'd have died by now.

But let's not kid ourselves, the guy is guilty......he never even denied it. All this "due process" nonsense from Silver is just to buy time for the lawyers and PR firms to figure out a good enough "see what had happened was" excuse - the players are going to have to force the hand of the league.

Exactly. There have been no direct denials from Sterling, no denials issued through the Clippers or his lawyers, people who have had enough contact with him to know his voice say it's him and he agreed not to attend tomorrow's game.

I suppose it's within the realm of possibility that it's not him, but it's awfully incriminating.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. There have been no direct denials from Sterling, no denials issued through the Clippers or his lawyers, people who have had enough contact with him to know his voice say it's him and he agreed not to attend tomorrow's game.

I suppose it's within the realm of possibility that it's not him, but it's awfully incriminating.

Denials? - He didn't even return calls to TMZ when they called him a week ago. They gave him all last week to respond. Donald Trump would have already had them in court demanding the recordings. They guy is freakin retarded(like Sman and Hurricane)

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight. He knew this was coming for a week and the best they could come up with was "we are verifying the authenticity" of the tape?

Really?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always keep it relevant don't ya, scatterbrain. Try to keep it on topic. I'm sure there are plenty of racist players as well but that is beside the point.

Hey retard. John Barry was speaking on the issue when I wrote that. The thread is about a retarded racist so it is on topic. You dont like what I typed then go blow a donkey.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight. He knew this was coming for a week and the best they could come up with was "we are verifying the authenticity" of the tape?

Really?

10307416_4300483687440_7268226725507869109_n.jpg

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?

Well Sterling knew it was coming - TMZ contacted the Clippers, explained what they had and asked for a response. He did and said nothing. Furthermore, the producer of TMZ today hinted there are more

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is this - if the bimbo that recorded those phone conversations, recorded them illegally, cant he NBA still force him out and do they have a leg to stand on? From what I am hearing some thinks the NBA has a weak case that could take years to play out in the courts

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey retard. John Barry was speaking on the issue when I wrote that. The thread is about a retarded racist so it is on topic. You dont like what I typed then go blow a donkey.

Gotta link supporting your claim that his dad is a raging racist? I'd like to read about that.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players are upset? :lol:

Yup I'm sure it just kills them to cash their million dollar checks.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Jew that hates black people. . . . Shocker. . . .

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Jew that hates black people. . . . Shocker. . . .

He grew up in an era when Americans hated Jews - so it's no surprise even though I know you're being sarcastic and are right. I remember in the sixties, there used to be what is now called a corrugated fastener that could secure to flat boards together as if the board was one. Back then they built things hokey pokey because of the economic times. At the time the fastener was about the same thickness of a nail, about an inch long by a half an inch tall, but it was jagged so that you could drive it into the boards crooked and the jagged edges is what held the boards together. Those nails were commonly called "jew nails" because they were crooked.

Not excusing Sterling, but that is the mentality he was raised in. The guy has just never joined the 21st century and is scum

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is this - if the bimbo that recorded those phone conversations, recorded them illegally, cant he NBA still force him out and do they have a leg to stand on? From what I am hearing some thinks the NBA has a weak case that could take years to play out in the courts

They don't need anything to play out in any court anywhere.

This is about protecting the brand, the shield......they don't need a court of law to do that. Sterling is a black eye to the league right now.....the other owners will do what's best for the league and their income, and if that means kicking him out, they'll find a way to do it, BELIEVE that.