• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need anything to play out in any court anywhere.

This is about protecting the brand, the shield......they don't need a court of law to do that. Sterling is a black eye to the league right now.....the other owners will do what's best for the league and their income, and if that means kicking him out, they'll find a way to do it, BELIEVE that.

I agree with you, but in saying that - my question is do they have a legal leg to stand on because I have already seen experts say that they don't and can't. If all 29 other owners votes to buy him out or force him to sell when the franchise is making money - over personal comments -I would love to see the guy gone - but I also have a hard time believing he is the first racist to own a team in the NBA. There is no doubt he is racist, but you have to admit that the last few years he has hidden it pretty good

Does remind me of a scripture in the bible though that says(paraphrasing here) that what you do in your private bedroom will be broadcast to the world on the tops of roofs. In biblcal times they would stand on their roofs and tell people in public areas - lol

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Jew that hates black people. . . . Shocker. . . .

drake-crying.jpg

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy is a complete moron but espn is acting like he killed a black guy

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, but in saying that - my question is do they have a legal leg to stand on because I have already seen experts say that they don't and can't. If all 29 other owners votes to buy him out or force him to sell when the franchise is making money - over personal comments -I would love to see the guy gone - but I also have a hard time believing he is the first racist to own a team in the NBA. There is no doubt he is racist, but you have to admit that the last few years he has hidden it pretty good

Does remind me of a scripture in the bible though that says(paraphrasing here) that what you do in your private bedroom will be broadcast to the world on the tops of roofs. In biblcal times they would stand on their roofs and tell people in public areas - lol

They can't force him to sell......but they can probably not allow his team to play IN the NBA. I don't know how real a threat that would be, but just because he owns a team, I imagine there's no guarantee it has to be an NBA sanctioned team.

omarsrevenge

Godlike
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy seems like a cool guy to me. So what he doesn't want his gold digger whore getting pounded by black dudes :nod:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yahoo comment section on this story is hilarious.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't force him to sell......but they can probably not allow his team to play IN the NBA. I don't know how real a threat that would be, but just because he owns a team, I imagine there's no guarantee it has to be an NBA sanctioned team.

Here would be my concern - it has taken years for Sterling to finally make the Clippers a product, so now if he remains an owner - not allowed to participate and sanctioned like Margaret Schot - he is still the owner and I for one would not go to any of the games as long as he remains the owner. The power of the fans forced Frank McCourt out by not attending games and that is the best weapon available. I believe that one way they can make him sell and it would be to his advantage to do that now while the Clippers remains a good product worth more money. If he waits and fights, the Clippers value could diminish

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you morons serious? We don't even know if this is true at this point. Jesus, what a bunch of mouth breathing, douchebags. If the liberal media writes something you just instantly believe them? Did any of you guys read this part of the story?
"We have heard the tape on TMZ. We do not know if it is legitimate or it has been altered," he said. "We do know that the woman on the tape -- who we believe released it to TMZ -- is the defendant in a lawsuit brought by the Sterling family alleging that she embezzled more than $1.8 million, who told Mr. Sterling that she would 'get even.'

Why don't you fellas settle down and let due process run it's course. Damn, the people of this country are becoming MSM informed zombies. :L

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whilst getting drunk, I've been reading up on Don Sterling. But I haven't found anything on his name change from Tokowitz to Sterling( Still metal related, but no stein, berg, man or the original witz). Can anyone shed some light? Id also like to know why this recent fiasco is causing so much SportsHoopla when it's relatively tame compared to past statements which weren't illegally caught on tape.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whilst getting drunk, I've been reading up on Don Sterling. But I haven't found anything on his name change from Tokowitz to Sterling( Still metal related, but no stein, berg, man or the original witz). Can anyone shed some light? Id also like to know why this recent fiasco is causing so much SportsHoopla when it's relatively tame compared to past statements which weren't illegally caught on tape.

I never could figure why Jews change their last names to inanimate objects; unless they just don't want people to know they are Jewish.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never could figure why Jews change their last names to inanimate objects; unless they just don't want people to know they are Jewish.

I've read a lot of contrasting stories on that. The most plausible/believable being that in much of Europe last names weren't required until semi-recently. (18th-19th century). When it came time, occupations, areas of residency and random bullshit were common. (Chosen or given). Keep in mind Im paraphrasing and drunk.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also to keep in mind, just like Cookie Johnson, I'll never pay to see the Clippers again. Unless Billy Crystal gives me his courtside seats.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing you didn't find a lot of good things about him?

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh, man.. just listened to that whole 9 minute conversation. What a gulf he and her live with, between them. It was honestly gutchurning to listen to that.

The sad thing about it is... I think in his mind he really honestly doesn't believe he's that bad.

The key words that stuck out for me? "Them". The reference to Black people as "them".

Could you imagine me, as a white man, saying to HD or anyone here on this forum "hey, I think it's fine and dandy that they are here. I'm ok with them." and anyone really having any kind of true respect for me?

Wow... I mean, just wow.

I think it's also clear that he's got a deep-rooted thing against the Lakers, whether or not that Magic Johnson is part of the storied franchise or not. That kind of jumped out at me.

And he wants her to be "delicate".. forget the race issue... did he not know the woman he was bringing into his heart? That's pretty sad too.. on his part and her part. They almost sounded like they were in an arranged marriage... they clearly don't know each other as well as any well-adjusted people on this earth would before becoming a couple.

I don't know who I feel worse for.. the people working for the Clippers (players obviously included) or the suffering Clipper fans who have been rooting for them their whole lives and, now that they've got a serious title contender, have had some of the shine taken off the playoff run.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you didn't find a lot of good things about him?

He's rich. Does that count? Do all of these outraged people have ZERO experience with old, rich Jews? They hate everything aside from other old, rich Jews (They dont like them either, especially if theyre neighbors or related by marriage)and what old, rich Jews like. (Which is local AM radio, cheap lunch specials and CBS). They aren't awful people or even hard to deal with. They just bitch about erything with no concern of repercussions. Because there aren't any repercussions.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is going to come of this unless Mr. Sterling wants to fleece some sucker out of 650-700million dollars.