• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOW you say "fuck David Stern????" i've been saying that for a LOOONNNGGG time...

No, I have been saying it forever but some posters think Stern is not capable of heinous and corrupt actions.

Ignoring racism does not necessarily make him a racist or corrupt but it speaks great measures to his character making it even more likely he is a **** from top to bottom.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BmKnOC6CYAA0_lX.jpg

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you like to be one of the black players on that team this morning?

Do you think the players didn't know he was racist? There have been years of public reports on him, so even those outside the organization who paid attention knew, and the players are IN the organization.

They knew. They just didn't care as long as he's paying them and not being too publicly loud about his racism. They're only caring now because it is caught on tape and thus drawing more negative public attention than earlier reports.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that Sterling is a well known racist, it seems quite odd that his girlfriend is black. That has to be a pretty fucked up relationship that the two of them have.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that Sterling is a well known racist, it seems quite odd that his girlfriend is black. That has to be a pretty fucked up relationship that the two of them have.

Well, one look at them and we know who is in that relationship for the money.

donald-sterling-los-angeles-clippers-owner.jpg

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah she is just wasting her time. Probably just a gold digger IMO

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah she is just wasting her time. Probably just a gold digger IMO

Yeah that's another one of those "Can you spot the billionaire" moments.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the clown was a racist but I didnt know he was quite virulent about it.

When Sterling first bought the Ardmore, he remarked on its odor to Davenport. "That's because of all the blacks in this building, they smell, they're not clean," he said, according to Davenport's testimony. "And it's because of all of the Mexicans that just sit around and smoke and drink all day." He added: "So we have to get them out of here." Shortly after, construction work caused a serious leak at the complex. When Davenport surveyed the damage, she found an elderly woman, Kandynce Jones, wading through several inches of water in Apartment 121. Jones was paralyzed on the right side and legally blind. She took medication for high blood pressure and to thin a clot in her leg. Still, she was remarkably cheerful, showing Davenport pictures of her children, even as some of her belongings floated around her.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling you fucking idiot! Now look what you done!

Last edited by a moderator:

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not believing it.

I mean, the guy is owner of an NBA team. Since 1981. Surely he knew back then the demographics of the sport of professional basketball in the US.

I mean, if he was so racist, why did he buy the Clippers? Why didn't he buy the LA Kings or something?

If it is true, it is just one of the wackiest things I'll have ever heard of.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the NBA legally take away ownership from Sterling for these remarks? Does anyone know? I'm pretty sure they can fine/suspend him but I'm not sure about the legalities of the situation. Maybe if the NBA can prove that Sterling is preventing minorities from attending games or something like that. Any lawyers here?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this guy still own a NBA franchise? If I were David Stern I would have bought him out a long time ago. This man is an absolute disgrace.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, this case is not without precedent. For those bambinos here who don't remember Marge Schott.

On November 13, 1992, Charles "Cal" Levy, a former marketing director for the Reds, stated in a deposition for Tim Sabo, a former employee who was suing the team, that he'd heard Schott refer to then-Reds outfielders Eric Davis and Dave Parker as "million-dollar ****ers."[4] Sabo, whose position was "team controller," alleged that his 1991 firing was due to testifying against Schott in another lawsuit brought against Schott by several limited partners and because he opposed the unwritten policy of not hiring blacks. Schott's countersuit alleged that Sabo wrote unauthorized checks to himself and paid health insurance premiums to retired front-office employees. She asked for $25,000 in damages for defamation. Sabo ultimately lost his suit.

Of course, baseball is a bit different.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the NBA legally take away ownership from Sterling for these remarks? Does anyone know? I'm pretty sure they can fine/suspend him but I'm not sure about the legalities of the situation. Maybe if the NBA can prove that Sterling is preventing minorities from attending games or something like that. Any lawyers here?

MLB was able to suspend Steinbrenner and block Cuban from ownership.

I dunno what the NBA could do here.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not believing it.

I mean, the guy is owner of an NBA team. Since 1981. Surely he knew back then the demographics of the sport of professional basketball in the US.

I mean, if he was so racist, why did he buy the Clippers? Why didn't he buy the LA Kings or something?

If it is true, it is just one of the wackiest things I'll have ever heard of.

Slave owner mentality.