• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. They can say whatever they want publicly on twitter.

When it comes to a silent vote, they can all keep saying the same thing, because it's a SILENT vote, you moron. The only person anyone could be sure was telling the truth would be Michael Jordan.

no need for name calling now is there?

And if you would like to bet on the owners vote name the terms.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think we're all looking at the entire picture here.

This man expressed an opinion in private that became public - in arguably the most diverse professional sports league in the world. This has repurcussions on a level beyond just what he had to say.

The league can't ALLOW him to continue to be in ownership. They simply can't - their prime workforce is EXTREMELY HOSTILE to this type of person being in power. They really are between a rock and a hard place.

And I know Sterling isn't the only owner that may be racist. But he's the only one thats PUBLICLY so. The league has to make a move, and they have to protect their brand.

So far, Sterling is costing them money in ad revenue, and the other owners are less likely to want to share revenue with him......and lets all face it, no FAs are going to play in LA with him around.

SO it's a HUGE issue. More or less, he's a cancer, a blight on the league. Their hand is forced.......they have to try to remove him anyway they can.

From his perspective, his side ho is ruining his life. He's old. Going to those games, owning that team is IMPORTANT to him. No matter what he did, he has the right to ownership. I'm certain there's a large part of him and his family that want to fight this.

The question is whether, at his age, it's worth it to him. His wife and kids are not banned......and by state law his racist wife owns half the team. So I'm not sure he could really sell even if he wanted to.

The whole situation is a mess. What I take away from it is that him being in power and "owning" the team (being seen as the owner) is no longer a viable option for the league. How they correct this is probably going to be up to the courts.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no - this conversation was recorded in a room with a third person that heard the entire conversation. That is not illegal - It could have been illegal if recorded on a telephone, but it wasn't and Donald Sterling acknowledged that it was his voice on the recording. If you want your right to privacy, then DON'T BECOME A PUBLIC FIGURE. Once you become a public future, your privacy is gone.

By the way -where does it say in the constitution, federal law or state that you have the right to privacy?

What Constitution? Lol. The one that's being systematically destroyed? That Constitution? GTFO with that nonsense. :lol:

It is written in the Bill of Rights (1st Amendment)

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww the worst owner in all of sports and a documented racist went down in flames, what a sad day. Did you guys also cry when Hitler shot himself?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, doesnt agree with voting him out. That hasnt happened yet.

We will see what happens with that - but it remains to be seen if the owners will vote him out with a two-thirds majority. Cuban likes the punishment - but as you said, has not signed off on forcing him out yet - to our knowledge

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys read up on Don Sterling. This is a very good thing that happened and long overdue. People like Don Sterling are not fit to be owners of any credible sports league. They basically hold everyone back and ruin the brand.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be voted out.

If you all don't see that you are being incredibly naive in favor of your argument.

The NBA does not like D Sterling. He has been an embarrassment of the NBA from what he pays his front office employees vs the league avg, to admitting he doesn't care if his team wins (he is just in it for the money), and it goes on and on. He is a rogue owner. He is old school. He is now on record as a bigot.

He is gone. Like it or not. Let's not let reality cloud our judgement.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA's constitution bylaws are kept confidential. Only the owners, the league office, and their lawyers know all of what is in there.

The bottom line is that the owners rely on each other for the profitability of their product. You can bet they setup protection for this in the bylaws, which every owner signs and agrees to. If one owner does something that endangers the success of the league, the rest of the owners can take action against it.

Think of an HOA. You own your house, but you and the rest of the homeowners around you agree to certain things, in order to protect yourself from a bad homeowner hurting the value of your home. If you don't abide by the agreement, the rest of the homeowners can take action against you. Some HOA's even have a setup to force the sell of a home.

The action taken by Silver has been cleared by an army of lawyers and is allowable under the laws the owners are governed by.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illegally made public by a woman who is being sued by Sterlings wife for embezzlement of $1.8 million. I'm not condoning what he said at all but he has a right to privacy and to his own opinions. If he had said this in a public setting then that is different. You can't punish people for thought crimes. That absurd.

VERY WELL SAID its not illegal to be racist you should be able to feel or say whatever comes to mind behind clothes doors in your own privacy. She violated that by setting him up over the phone and getting money for it by giving it to TMZ. His ex girlfriend is a bitch when they got together she looked the other way or put up with his racist antics but when they started fighting and he broke up with her she pulls this off....

she didnt say much with his racist dick in her mouth enjoying his wealth

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww the worst owner in all of sports and a documented racist went down in flames, what a sad day. Did you guys also cry when Hitler shot himself?

I wasn't alive and one man purportedly had the likes of Sterlings people murdered by the million while the other guy said don't bring blacks to my games. I'm glad you are so swift with your analogies. The next time I need a real gem of an analogy, like this one, I will PM you. :suds:

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VERY WELL SAID its not illegal to be racist you should be able to feel or say whatever comes to mind behind clothes doors in your own privacy. She violated that by setting him up over the phone and getting money for it by giving it to TMZ. His ex girlfriend is a bitch when they got together she looked the other way or put up with his racist antics but when they started fighting and he broke up with her she pulls this off....

people dont want to see that though

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not well said because it's perfectly legal to record a private conversation in a closed room. It's not exactly moral, but the recording was legal.