• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course it isnt against the law...you dont hear anyone saying he's going to jail for this do you?

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LAW OF THESE UNITED STATES

I agree he could be a bigot, but he doesn't have to commit a crime to be banned from the NBA.

but that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Like nothing.

There are people who would find faults in many of our private convos. But this is a different animal.

:drink:

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Certain people overlook the great rights, freedoms and protection this country is supposed to offer when their agenda is in the limelight. If you disagree you will be called names (racist, moron etc) and acused of doing things you never did (supporting sterling, being a member of the kkk or interfering with a persons god given right to food stamps and free housing). Demanding that everything a man earned on his own back be taken away, and his rights trampled for having a differing opinion than theirs, and one that was held privately. All the while ripping mccarthyism...:laugh3: the same people never breathed a word before about his previpus actions, and were celebrating him with awards, but suddenly scream foul the loudest. Where were they before? Because no, its not just about a single current issue, right?

I personally dont think he should own an nba team if he doesnt like black people, and the nba needed to do something because public opinion forces them to do so. But, people wanting a man destroyed because his personal thoughts are in disagreement with theirs is a little fucked up, even if he is an idiot. Which he is, undoubtedly.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you are all acting like it is ..

:noidea: the only people that i have heard that try to relate this to law is those saying he has the right to have these feelings and freedom of speech en sech, those who do not understand that private businesses can in fact restrict your speech

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you are all acting like it is ..

who? We are here on the NBA board, not the Politics board discussing an NBA topic.

He will commit a crime when he violates his orders from the NBA. Yes. Then he broke a law. But I dont recall anyone here saying otherwise.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fucking private moment that is now public that shows his true thoughts and feelings towards black people.

Illegally made public by a woman who is being sued by Sterlings wife for embezzlement of $1.8 million. I'm not condoning what he said at all but he has a right to privacy and to his own opinions. If he had said this in a public setting then that is different. You can't punish people for thought crimes. That absurd.

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. They can say whatever they want publicly on twitter.

When it comes to a silent vote, they can all keep saying the same thing, because it's a SILENT vote, you moron. The only person anyone could be sure was telling the truth would be Michael Jordan.

lol... Ever heard of twitter? Nearly every owner has basically publicly voted to oust him since Silver's decision.

fail post is a fail

Last edited by a moderator:

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who? We are here on the NBA board, not the Politics board discussing an NBA topic.

He will commit a crime when he violates his orders from the NBA. Yes. Then he broke a law. But I dont recall anyone here saying otherwise.

What crime? Lmao!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illegally made public by a woman who is being sued by Sterlings wife for embezzlement of $1.8 million. I'm not condoning what he said at all it he has a right to privacy and to his own opinions. If he had said this in a public setting then that is different. You can't punish people for thought crimes. That absurd.

You can if it becomes a PR nightmare.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a sad day when you can be fined and pretty much forced to sell something that you own for a personal opinion that was said behind closed doors .. my god comrades wake up

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certain people overlook the great rights, freedoms and protection this country is supposed to offer when their agenda is in the limelight. If you disagree you will be called names (racist, moron etc) and acused of doing things you never did (supporting sterling, being a member of the kkk or interfering with a persons god given right to food stamps and free housing). Demanding that everything a man earned on his own back be taken away, and his rights trampled for having a differing opinion than theirs, and one that was held privately. All the while ripping mccarthyism...:laugh3: the same people never breathed a word before about his previpus actions, and were celebrating him with awards, but suddenly scream foul the loudest. Where were they before? Because no, its not just about a single current issue, right?

The LA NAACP is at fault more than anyone by hiding his actions for some money. Then that same organization rips him now. They are CORRUPT.

I personally dont think he should own an nba team if he doesnt like black people, and the nba needed to do something because public opinion forces them to do so. But, people wanting a man destroyed because his personal thoughts are in disagreement with theirs is a little fucked up, even if he is an idiot. Which he is, undoubtedly.
I don't want him destroyed. I want him gone from the NBA... But He is walking away with his big time money. He didn't violate laws, he earned his own money. Now Silver is asking the owners to kick him out of the owners club. He walks with nearly a billion.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course it isnt against the law...you dont hear anyone saying he's going to jail for this do you?

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LAW OF THESE UNITED STATES

On the contrary. Some of you are applauding a decision that usurps a man's property rights...and a franchise is a valuable piece of property, whether it's a professional sports team or a McDonald's restaurant...on the basis of his private opinions. Had Sterling said the same thing publicly, I'd join your chorus...but he didn't, and I can't.

This kind of politically correct, feel-good shit is bad for all of us. Is bigotry an evil? Of course...but fucking with people's rights to stamp it out is like prescribing decapitation as a cure for dandruff.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the contrary. Some of you are applauding a decision that usurps a man's property rights...and a franchise is a valuable piece of property, whether it's a professional sports team or a McDonald's restaurant...on the basis of his private opinions. Had Sterling said the same thing publicly, I'd join your chorus...but he didn't, and I can't.

This kind of politically correct, feel-good shit is bad for all of us. Is bigotry an evil? Of course...but fucking with people's rights to stamp it out is like prescribing decapitation as a cure for dandruff.

I would say it's more like removing a malignant tumor.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's costing the league money. Blame the sponsors for bailing, if you're gonna complain about something.

I realize it's a black eye for the league and something had to be done about it. This is just over the line, IMO. A year suspension and a hefty fine as well as some sort of counseling should have been the initial step.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illegally made public by a woman who is being sued by Sterlings wife for embezzlement of $1.8 million. I'm not condoning what he said at all but he has a right to privacy and to his own opinions. If he had said this in a public setting then that is different. You can't punish people for thought crimes. That absurd.

Actually no - this conversation was recorded in a room with a third person that heard the entire conversation. That is not illegal - It could have been illegal if recorded on a telephone, but it wasn't and Donald Sterling acknowledged that it was his voice on the recording. If you want your right to privacy, then DON'T BECOME A PUBLIC FIGURE. Once you become a public future, your privacy is gone.

By the way -where does it say in the constitution, federal law or state that you have the right to privacy?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no - this conversation was recorded in a room with a third person that heard the entire conversation. That is not illegal - It could have been illegal if recorded on a telephone, but it wasn't and Donald Sterling acknowledged that it was his voice on the recording. If you want your right to privacy, then DON'T BECOME A PUBLIC FIGURE. Once you become a public future, your privacy is gone.

By the way -where does it say in the constitution, federal law or state that you have the right to privacy?

So a third party makes it consensual?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

but they know all....