• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should absolutely suspend him. Freedom of speech does not mean that you are not subject to the consequences of your hate filled speech. The NBA is trying to market and sell a brand and the last thing they need is an idiot like Sterling stinking up the place. Hell, even State Farm and Virgin Airlines have suspended sponsorship.

I know what freedom of speech is. But a private conversation is extremely unlikely to be contractual grounds to suspend him.

They can't do anything that's not written into their contracts.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why you think this way. They CAN suspend him......they can make their own rules. If the owners say he's suspended, he's suspended. No idea why you think he should walk away from this consequence free.

Didnt "want to see him walk away consequence free" anywhere, but whatever.

Why do you want the nba to breaks its own rules because someones privately held opinions disagree with yours?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that he doesn't want black people in general to come to the games. They are welcome, but she is his mistriss and bringing them, taking their pictures and posting them on instagram is linking those black people to him because they have been and are a couple. What he is really saying - is he does not want to be associated with any blacks in his social or private life because it is embarrassing to him. The only way that could be an embarrassment is because his friends and family in his private life are also racist and they were giving him shit over it. As far as he is concerned - do what you want, but don't bring them around me(Donald Sterling)

Got it. So all of the rubbing shoulders and shaking hands with Magic is the past was really for show.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what freedom of speech is. But a private conversation is extremely unlikely to be contractual grounds to suspend him.

NBA has a clause called "best interest of the game" in their bylaws to suspend Sterling. Jerry Buss was suspended based on this law for his DUI.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not quite as bad. Slaves weren't given Ferraris, Bentleys, & $1.5 million apartments. Don Sterling is no doubt a racist dick head, but not as bad as what slave masters did.

IT's not about comparing them directly! It's about the MENTALITY. In both cases, blacks were considered less than human, so it was OK to have sex with them and pawn them off to others.

It's more or less the same THOUGHT PROCESS.

And JDM, I guess you're going to be shocked and appalled when they suspend and fine him tomorrow.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Best interest of the game" is far too vague for this to stand up with. He will win that if that's the best they have.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is not true......they have done things outside their contracts in the past. Contracts can be broken.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Best interest of the game" is far too vague for this to stand up with. He will win that if that's the best they have.

He won already because no matter what happens, he'll still make money. But he will be suspended, and he'd be a fool to challenge it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will win if he challenges it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet it worked just fine for suspending Jerry Buss for his DUI.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very serious. It's textbook.

Slave masters saw the slave girls as less than human.....slept with them, and then married them off to other slaves to produce slave kids.

He's doing basically the same thing.......sees her as less than human, sleeps with her, doesn't care if she sleeps with other black men.....

Not sure why this is so hard to grasp.

Slaves wetent paid millions, taken to social events as guests or given ferreris. :noiea:

But, you want a witch on the stake, so have fun!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be a fool to even talk about challenging it. Just take his penance. Him challenging it will only make it worse in the court of public opinion and keep his name in the news. This is a private organization - they'll punish him, and he'll take it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaves wetent paid millions, taken to social events as guests or given ferreris. :noiea:

But, you want a witch on the stake, so have fun!

*sigh*

What part of Plantation MENTALITY do you not get? OF COURSE its not an apples to apples comparison!!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait till we get a tape showing us what Mark Jackson has said about gays in his private time

#slipperyslope

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet it worked just fine for suspending Jerry Buss for his DUI.

There was a crime committed.

This case he had a private conversation that was illegally recorded and publicized. That's not strong enough.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*sigh*

What part of Plantation MENTALITY do you not get? OF COURSE its not an apples to apples comparison!!!

It is not comparable in any way.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a crime committed.

This case he had a private conversation that was illegally recorded and publicized. That's not strong enough.

Jerry Buss's DUI doesn't compromise the image of the league like how Don Sterling's comments have. That's what "the best interest of the game" clause entails.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well actually I just thought of the reason that they can - it's called the good moral clause. In certain businesses, like entertainment - the participants agrees not to engaged in any activity that is immoral or so immoral that it would hurt the entire business in general.

For example: When the Chicago bulls were still playing - it came out that Dennis Rodman wore women's panties - no big deal because no one consider the players to be that moral. When it came out that Marv Albert was doing the same thing - He got fired because of the image.

In this case, yes the conversation was private and yes it was illegally recorded, but when the immoral actions you commit become known widely known - if there is a good moral clause in the agreements - you're screwed.

I think it was chewing on the hooker that did him in, not his attire at the time.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to put up all my vcash that Sterling gets fined and/or suspended for this, if anyone is willing to match me.