• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're welcome to put pressure on him. I would have no problem whatsoever if the clippers team had sat on the bench and refused to actually walk out and play the game.

But the league doesn't and shouldn't have the grounds to do anything about a private discussion. Even if he said it publicly, they shouldn't have the grounds for more than maybe a fine.

I think what the Clippers players did was enough...but imo the league has to fine and or suspend him...it doesn't matter if the content of the conversation was intended to be private...it's not private now...yes, you'd like to see sponsors, gate fans, etc. set the tone, but the league has to respond.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's possible the tapes were edited......but seriously, do you think this chick is smart enough to do it??? I think there's next to ZERO chance it's not him or it's edited.

This whole thing is happening because the wife sued her. She didn't embezzle any money......Sterling bought her a Ferrari, and the wife found out......so he probably just lied to her. "What?.......uhhhh......nah, I didn't buy her that car and those jewels dear.........uhhhh.....see what had happened was, she uhhhh.....stole them from the company......uhhhh...and we should sue!"

There are hidden rules to screwing around on your wife when you're wealthy. #1.....do NOT embarrass the wife with your side chick. #2......no babies or diseases

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what the Clippers players did was enough...but imo the league has to fine and or suspend him...it doesn't matter if the content of the conversation was intended to be private...it's not private now...yes, you'd like to see sponsors, gate fans, etc. set the tone, but the league has to respond.

State Farm has just pulled their sponsorship of the Clippers. No more Chris/Cliff Paul commercials. THIS is the only way this will get resolved. When the other owners and sponsors pull out their money, then maybe he'll actually sell. Magic Johnson is putting together a group right now to buy the Clippers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the team if those guys are offended why dont they just walk away ? but they wont because they like his money even if they dont like him

My mom used to say, two wrongs don't make a right...the players did what they needed to do to bring attention to it...I will say though...when it comes to retaining players or signing new ones...the players will have choices and that's when we'll see how offended they were.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
State Farm has just pulled their sponsorship of the Clippers. No more Chris/Cliff Paul commercials. THIS is the only way this will get resolved. When the other owners and sponsors pull out their money, then maybe he'll actually sell. Magic Johnson is putting together a group right now to buy the Clippers.

Don't know if that is true or not. Some say it is, some say it isn't.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bu then you get this...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A fine or suspension for a private conversation is highly unlikely to be contractually allowable. Nor should it be.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mom used to say, two wrongs don't make a right...the players did what they needed to do to bring attention to it...I will say though...when it comes to retaining players or signing new ones...the players will have choices and that's when we'll see how offended they were.

my personal opinion .. I dont think any one of them will walk and others will sign on because they like and want the money ...

I was also talking with my 18y/o grand daughter about this last night and here is what she said

being half black and half white, I can tell you racism definitely goes both ways and across every race. It only makes headlines when its someone white being racist.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe State Farm has already pulled their Clipper's sponsorship. This is what will have to take place to get rid of Sterling. I don't think the NBA can really do anything to make him sell the team. It will take sponsors and the general public no longer supporting the Clippers and affecting Sterling's bottom line.

The NBA really can't do anything. I keep seeing the media continues to make statements on how new NBA commissioner Adam Silver should take action, but what action can he take? He works for Sterling. The only thing that can happen are sponsors pulling the plug, the way State Farm just did and fans boycotting games. If the NBA tries to force him to sell the team, Sterling could easily sue the NBA for anti trust issues for forcing him to sell the team well below face value and things like that. Sterling isn't the only old, rich billionaire owner of a professional franchise racist out there. He's just the only one who is dumb enough to get exposed.

The players can say everything all they want, but when it comes to actually doing something, they care more about his money than anything. Turning their jerseys inside out was probably the weakest thing they could have done. It did nothing. If they had any balls, they would have refused to play, and not worry about getting paid and fined. Money talks, people.....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my personal opinion .. I dont think any one of them will walk and others will sign on because they like and want the money ...

I was also talking with my 18y/o grand daughter about this last night and here is what she said

being half black and half white, I can tell you racism definitely goes both ways and across every race. It only makes headlines when its someone white being racist.

I think you're wrong there. Players WILL leave that franchise as long as he's owner. They can get checks from owners that aren't dumb enough to be openly racist.

As far as the racism comment......that's not really true. When a rich, powerful white guy is racist, OF COURSE it makes headlines, as it should.

Truth is, there are very few rich black men in position to do the crap Sterling has been doing for decades. Let's focus on the bigot we know, not try to turn this around on the victims here. Sterling just needs to go.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly doubt the clipper players or magic Johnson really give a shit. Would u really care what that dumbass thinks? They had to do something to appease the public. This is every media members chance to get on their high horse. Sterling will get what is coming to him.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fine or suspension for a private conversation is highly unlikely to be contractually allowable. Nor should it be.

It is allowable, and IT SHOULD BE.

They'll fine him the maximum amount and ban him from games. That's probably all they can do, but this is not about his conversation.

This is about protecting the integrity of the league. HE is damaging the brand, and you can bet your ass they have EVERY right to protect their brand and punish him as they see fit. The other owners have that power, AS THEY SHOULD.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard that. Who the f is tank?

Tank is an R&B singer who's had a few hits since the early 2000s, he's currently in a group with Tyrese and Ginuwine called TGT - they just had a hit album last summer

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're wrong there. Players WILL leave that franchise as long as he's owner. They can get checks from owners that aren't dumb enough to be openly racist.

As far as the racism comment......that's not really true. When a rich, powerful white guy is racist, OF COURSE it makes headlines, as it should.

Truth is, there are very few rich black men in position to do the crap Sterling has been doing for decades. Let's focus on the bigot we know, not try to turn this around on the victims here. Sterling just needs to go.

so your telling me that even though my granddaughter is 1/2 and 1/2 that she hasnt felt it from both sides and black people cant possibility be prejudice.. I got news for ya her black grand parents wont have anything to do with her because she is 1/2 white and acts tooo white .. their words not mine .. so dude your full of shit and are on a witch hunt

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is allowable, and IT SHOULD BE.

They'll fine him the maximum amount and ban him from games. That's probably all they can do, but this is not about his conversation.

This is about protecting the integrity of the league. HE is damaging the brand, and you can bet your ass they have EVERY right to protect their brand and punish him as they see fit. The other owners have that power, AS THEY SHOULD.

Star, he's a billionaire, no fine is going to rectify this situation. He's the owner, he can say pretty much anything he wants to and get away with it. The fans and sponsors have more power than the NBA owners to make something happen by boycotting and terminating sponsor contracts. He should sell anyway; nobody wants him there. He bought the Clippers for $15M and I saw that they are now worth around $500M today.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star, he's a billionaire, no fine is going to rectify this situation. He's the owner, he can say pretty much anything he wants to and get away with it. The fans and sponsors have more power than the NBA owners to make something happen by boycotting and terminating sponsor contracts. He should sell anyway; nobody wants him there. He bought the Clippers for $15M and I saw that they are now worth around $500M today.

I understand that. Only the sponsors will really matter. State Farm has already backed out. Once those dominos start to fall, he'll pretty much HAVE to sell. Players and FAs aren't going to play there unless they have no other options. The team's value will drop through the floor.

As long as he's owner, the franchise will lose value. Selling to Magic would be great for all concerned. But I don't think Sterling is going to sell until the money stops coming in.