• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans @ Chicago

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the broadcast said for the Bears, it's been since '06 with Rex Grossman.

Could prolly be for the whole NFL fer all I know for sure. Wouldn't surprise me.

I think Eberflus is in over his greasy head. For all the talk of the new OC, that playcalling looked an awful lot like Getsy's. At what point does the blame go to coach? He feels like he's allergic to offense and winning convincingly.
Caleb Williams looked a lot like Rex Grossman today…

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Bears coming back from down 17..It’s been a while since that happened.
Yeah, despite the eventual outcome, there's been a lot of grumbling on how the game went, including plenty of such from yours truly. But there is something to be said about a team coming from 17 points down. For much of that 1st half, the Titans were the superior club, whupping us in every facet of the game. Credit to the players and coaches for the adjustments at the break. I think one of the keys to the back half was Flus turning loose the D a lot more than how he had them playing in the 1st half.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb Williams looked a lot like Rex Grossman today…
Caleb Williams is a much better QB than Grossman. I thought he played ok today considering the absolute train wreck at Center. Watch it again and watch Shelton. It was not talked about near enough by the broadcast, he was tragically bad.

They'll get better, and the D turned it on when it mattered.

Bears have the best CB tandem in the NFL.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, despite the eventual outcome, there's been a lot of grumbling on how the game went, including plenty of such from yours truly. But there is something to be said about a team coming from 17 points down. For much of that 1st half, the Titans were the superior club, whupping us in every facet of the game. Credit to the players and coaches for the adjustments at the break. I think one of the keys to the back half was Flus turning loose the D a lot more than how he had them playing in the 1st half.
The D looked pretty dominant the first few drives, and then they had that big drive where they were "perfect". The refs swallowed the fuck out of their whistles in that drive tho to be fair. But they pretty much looked pedestrian 'til it really mattered.

Big thanks to Levis for making one of the dumber plays ever there with the pick 6.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb Williams is a much better QB than Grossman. I thought he played ok today considering the absolute train wreck at Center. Watch it again and watch Shelton. It was not talked about near enough by the broadcast, he was tragically bad.

I might slightly disagree with you on Caleb's performance today. Yes, the line and especially Shelton, often placed him in very tough spots. But there were a number of throws by him when there was no pressure or very little where he just flat out missed his targets. He just needs to adjust to the speed and power of NFL defenses. He's super smart and he will make the requisite adjustments.

The D turned it on in the back half because Flus let the dogs run loose. And yes, we have a very good CB trio, and our safeties are pretty damn good as well.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team has too many holes on the offensive and defensive lines to be a legit contender. Yes this season will be fun and we'll be competitive, but we're going nowhere if those spots aren't upgraded considerably. I'm already off the "re-sign Keenan Allen" train. One year to help the rook get his bearings...but any money that dude would get from us MUST go to the lines going forward.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has too many holes on the offensive and defensive lines to be a legit contender. Yes this season will be fun and we'll be competitive, but we're going nowhere if those spots aren't upgraded considerably. I'm already off the "re-sign Keenan Allen" train. One year to help the rook get his bearings...but any money that dude would get from us MUST go to the lines going forward.
It's weird, the d-line dominated early and late. Billings was a legit factor inside. But the 2nd and 3rd quarter, they looked pretty lame.

The o-line is tougher to gauge as the Center-play was so abysmal. They couldn't get in any rhythm early and most of that was on the center. It wasn't much better in the second. There was still plenty there to like about Caleb Williams.

I would not be a bit shocked if Kramer or whoever the fuck else we got gets serious reps this week at Center.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense came together and Caleb came on strong and they won a game they should win.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense came together and Caleb came on strong and they won a game they should win.
Yes, the defense did come together, but it was really more like our STs came on strong, not Caleb, he had a pretty weak game today. The one positive tho is he didn't do anything stupid, didn't panic and most importantly didn't turn the ball over.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So far, he’s not. I think he easily will be though.

It might have been the constant pressure from the DLine, but he looked so small out there. The bright side of all of this is he has a lot of tape to look at to improve. He’s really got nowhere else to go but up.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb blew chunks.....missed some wide open recievers,took a huge huge sack for s loss,I think he may have fumbled a snap on top of it all.......not sure if that one is on Bates......
Defense came up with a couple big plays,but it was vs a bottom tired qb........
Our oline sucked as........

Better get their shit together,cause the Texans are legit and as of right jow,we play like we did today,we are getting our asses handed to us......

This team I think was horrible today......if not for an incompetent Levis,its an L.....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 20 yard sack was a Grossman special.
Grossman could never even avoid the pressure in the first place and do the twisting/turning around like CW did. Which is necessary for a sack of that epic proportion. Grossman was not only a statue after his knee/ankle injuries - he was dangerously poor at feeling pressure.

CW was definitely rattled today. No doubt there. It didn't appear that way to me on his first few drop backs, but after a few plays like that happened? Yeah, he was going through it out there.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb blew chunks.....missed some wide open recievers,took a huge huge sack for s loss,I think he may have fumbled a snap on top of it all.......not sure if that one is on Bates......

Better get their shit together,cause the Texans are legit and as of right jow,we play like we did today,we are getting our asses handed to us......

This team I think was horrible today......if not for an incompetent Levis,its an L.....
I'll take 1-0 while playing our worst game possible offensively. I'm willing to give Caleb time. I did the same for Fields, Mitch, Jay, Kyle, Rex, etc.

Rookie QB, new offense for everyone, a defense with some tough players, and it was week 1 during a time when starters no longer play much pre-season. They get a mulligan from me next week.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the defense did come together, but it was really more like our STs came on strong, not Caleb, he had a pretty weak game today. The one positive tho is he didn't do anything stupid, didn't panic and most importantly didn't turn the ball over.
Besides Velus doing Velus shit (which is a WHOLE other issue) - our SPT's were PHENOMENAL today. Not only the blocked punt/touchdown. Our coverage units were fantastic on both punts/kickoffs and Carter looks like a REAL nice return man.

We can cut Velus tomorrow, that's fine. There's nothing he does that we don't already have. Beat it, IMO.

I'm really going to throw out the tape mentally on Caleb today. I'm willing to give him some time. I trust that the ability is there. Hopefully this start is just a story he talks about in documentaries and in his HOF speech. :D

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really dont care how he played, he was just not bad enough to cost them the game after the defense proved they are what wins and loses games. That side arm throw into the hand of the rusher was just awful and made him look like doug flutie, like 5'6. He will be credited with winning his first game as a rookie qb.
No, we escaped with a W, and I thought I was coming around on this guy, but when his post game Fox interview basically took credit for the win because he was a good captain, he lost me again.
I know its tough, but he is asking for this attention. Hopefully, in that locker room, he is just a man like the rest of them and that will be why they support him.
But in all honesty, Poles and Fluke have to show some balls with these veterans. Allen was not game ready, the heel was a problem, will probably be out for 2 or 3 games after he aggravated it again, and will let Tyler Scott dress next week to have an option to take the top off the defense. The throws he missed with allen were where Allen usually is on a cut, he was a step slow. I can at least think it's an excuse.
Sure hope they can fit Herbert in a little better before they lose him completely.