• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to stir up controversy: Alabama loses to Georgia

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously....If they want me to turn on the TV for the CFP I won't be turning it on for fucking rematches.
Rematches tend to favor the team that lost the first time anyway.

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bama had wins over Florida, UGA regular season , LSU, Kentucky and a good ooc then it'd be different but they don't . Their schedule is pretty pedestrian if not slightly below average .

I would say Bama's schedule is well below average. The numbers bear that out, but "cuz Bama" says, "I don't care."

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 190707

I don't know if the scenario you describe existed prior to the kneeling thing since I don’t follow the NFL for a decade now. I do know this, and that it can happen as easily to CFB as it did to the NFL, and moreso.

I threw in the towel on the NFL after the 1982 strike. Went to the Nebraska basketball game on Sunday with a buddy of mine and he was getting me up to speed on the who's who of the NFL this season. I had no clue who was good or bad. LOL

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bama had wins over Florida, UGA regular season , LSU, Kentucky and a good ooc then it'd be different but they don't . Their schedule is pretty pedestrian if not slightly below average .
Well it is impossible for Bama to play Kentucky, UGA, and Florida in the regular season.

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I can. I just did.

I will have already seen the 2018 version of Notre Dame/Michigan and Alabama/Georgia.

Let me see the 2018 Version of Notre Dame/Oklahoma or Notre Dame/Washington St. Let me see the winner of Alabama/Georgia against Oklahoma or Washington St if they remain 1 loss teams.

I don't give a shit about 'eye tests'. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

I think the majority of what you say in this post is sound and would agree.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is impossible for Bama to play Kentucky, UGA, and Florida in the regular season.
I understand that . I'm just using them as an example . We are told that scheduling is important .

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 loss big ten champ will get in over a bama team that loses to Georgia. Last yr the committee says it was close between a 2 loss big 10 champ and a 1 loss bama.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets say for argument sake, the following things happen:

Clemson goes 13-0. Notre Dame goes 12-0. Michigan wins out and goes 12-1.

Georgia beats Alabama. Both teams finish 12-1.

Under this scenario, Georgia, Clemson, and Notre Dame would be locks to get in. Do you take a 12-1 CC Michigan or a 12-1 Alabama?

Would you response change, if either (a) Georgia wins by at least 10 points, or (b) the ending was a "fluke" of some sort. Think 2013 Alabama vs. Auburn. Think the first 2011 Michigan State vs. Wisconsin game. Think 2013 Georgia vs. Auburn ending,
If Georgia beat them there were probably a lot of dirty plays involved.

I vote tater salad.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 190707

I don't know if the scenario you describe existed prior to the kneeling thing since I don’t follow the NFL for a decade now. I do know this, and that it can happen as easily to CFB as it did to the NFL, and moreso.
My point was the NFL has gotten boring, its not nearly as accessible as NCAAFB (except for the PAC12 Network wtf is wrong with them) and then like you said the Kneeling thing played into it. Its been a while since i watched a GOOD NFL game

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was the NFL has gotten boring, its not nearly as accessible as NCAAFB (except for the PAC12 Network wtf is wrong with them) and then like you said the Kneeling thing played into it. Its been a while since i watched a GOOD NFL game

Everything you said is true. Just saying the same thing could happen to CFB as has happened to NFL the last couple of years (I was speaking against the idea that CFB is somehow immune to this possibility).

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything you said is true. Just saying the same thing could happen to CFB as has happened to NFL the last couple of years (I was speaking against the idea that CFB is somehow immune to this possibility).
Nobody wants to see a 2nd round of SEC CCG, i didnt watch it last year i wouldnt watch it this year either it was stupid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously....If they want me to turn on the TV for the CFP I won't be turning it on for fucking rematches.
Rematches tend to favor the team that lost the first time anyway.

They don't care if you watch.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Bama's schedule is well below average. The numbers bear that out, but "cuz Bama" says, "I don't care."

Below average compared to who?

BCF Toys - 2018 SOS Ratings

16 Michigan
34 Georgia
36 Ohio State
47 Oklahoma
66 Alabama
67 Notre Dame
116 Central Florida

It's below average compared to Alabama's standard I'll agree.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't care if you watch.

Sure they do. There's not a program on TV where they "don't care" if people watch. Are you butt-hurt because most don't want to see an SEC re-match, or fucking stupid?

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does OU get to play anyone this year? Asking for a friend.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they do. There's not a program on TV where they "don't care" if people watch. Are you butt-hurt because most don't want to see an SEC re-match, or fucking stupid?

ESPN might care, other people might care.

The people in the committee don't give a remote fuck if you watch.

Besides, you're all full of shit anyway. Last year everyone said they weren't going to watch because it was a SEC rematch, and I saw the majority of people who claimed that shit posting here in the thread during the game, and the actual ratings were UP 13% from the epic Alabama/Clemson game that Clemson won on basically the last play of the game.

Alabama-Georgia title game scores big audience for ESPN

Butthurt people are just loud is all, they don't really speak for most people.

And my opinion is if Alabama loses to Georgia, most likely Alabama stays home but I can see other teams shitting the bed enough to allow it, so I won't say for sure. But because Alabama doesn't deserve it, not because some dude in Nebraska says he isn't going to watch, because they do not give a fuck.

This thread has been made what seems like daily for the past 2 weeks. Alabama hasn't lost a game, so now people just dream up scenarios in which they might lose a game, just so they can bitch about what might happen. What a sad existence.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN might care, other people might care.

The people in the committee don't give a remote fuck if you watch.

Besides, you're all full of shit anyway. Last year everyone said they weren't going to watch because it was a SEC rematch, and I saw the majority of people who claimed that shit posting here in the thread during the game, and the actual ratings were UP 13% from the epic Alabama/Clemson game that Clemson won on basically the last play of the game.

Alabama-Georgia title game scores big audience for ESPN

Butthurt people are just loud is all, they don't really speak for most people.

And my opinion is if Alabama loses to Georgia, most likely Alabama stays home but I can see other teams shitting the bed enough to allow it, so I won't say for sure. But because Alabama doesn't deserve it, not because some dude in Nebraska says he isn't going to watch, because they do not give a fuck.

This thread has been made what seems like daily for the past 2 weeks. Alabama hasn't lost a game, so now people just dream up scenarios in which they might lose a game, just so they can bitch about what might happen. What a sad existence.
Good article, it shows that all the bowls were up 10% viewership as a whole(over 2017)... so your 13% is not that impressive, it still didnt break records.

Oh im one of the people who said i wasnt going to watch a SECCCG and i didnt... just saying

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it has nothing to do with a rematch. If 2 of the 4 teams in the playoff have already played that's fine by me as long as they're 2 of the 4 most deserving teams . My only concern is that the committee uses their own criteria . If criteria is basically even then you go eye test . If the criteria isn't even ( or even close ) then eye test should not play a part

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Below average compared to who?

BCF Toys - 2018 SOS Ratings

16 Michigan
34 Georgia
36 Ohio State
47 Oklahoma
66 Alabama
67 Notre Dame
116 Central Florida

It's below average compared to Alabama's standard I'll agree.

Was that supposed to be a trump card? Below the average of the relevant teams. Average compared to irrelevant teams.