• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time To Prepare For A Top 5 Pick

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wont have a top five pick. Rg3 will come back just in time for us to finish 5-11, finish with a pick #11 and we will miss out on the top tier O-lineman we likely need to draft.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the second pick in the 2015 NFL draft.....Washington trades the pick to the New York Jets for the rights to the retired Michael Vick. Mr. Vick has declared that his retirement decision is final and the NFL upholds the trade.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the second pick in the 2015 NFL draft.....Washington trades the pick to the New York Jets for the rights to the retired Michael Vick. Mr. Vick has declared that his retirement decision is final and the NFL upholds the trade.

What do we need Vick for?? We already have Rg3.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we need Vick for?? We already have Rg3.

Joking about that! "The retired M. Vick" was key to the point being made. NFL upholds trade signifies incompetence of FO.

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In seriousness. My order would be O-line, secondary, and then D-line. But order can change with/if possible Defensive scheme change. Also at this point, let the young guys on the O-line play. Lebrib, Long, Moses, Compton. Time to see what they can do. If they got it great, if not. Later fuckers

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In seriousness. My order would be O-line, secondary, and then D-line. But order can change with/if possible Defensive scheme change. Also at this point, let the young guys on the O-line play. Lebrib, Long, Moses, Compton. Time to see what they can do. If they got it great, if not. Later fuckers

The shitty part is, we didnt lose this week because of the line. We didnt lose last week because of the line. I will give you the Giants game.

We lost because of coaching on both sides of the ball. Soft coverage on defense, and on offense a coach who figures " Oh well I can just pass the ball in any situation--- fuckin Deeeeerr". We hired a coach because of who his big brother is, and a GM because of who his dad was.

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shitty part is, we didnt lose this week because of the line. We didnt lose last week because of the line. I will give you the Giants game.

We lost because of coaching on both sides of the ball. Soft coverage on defense, and on offense a coach who figures " Oh well I can just pass the ball in any situation--- fuckin Deeeeerr". We hired a coach because of who his big brother is, and a GM because of who his dad was.

So based on what you said your pick would be what?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So based on what you said your pick would be what?

My pick would be the best defensive backs we can get in the first and second round. the best road grader o-lineman we can get in FA and an offensive coordinator that feels the best way to win and protect your QB is to run the damn ball.

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pick would be the best defensive backs we can get in the first and second round. the best road grader o-lineman we can get in FA and an offensive coordinator that feels the best way to win and protect your QB is to run the damn ball.

No D-line even though they're old as dried up dogshit on that side?

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like that kid out of Oregon, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu. Good speed. Ball-hawk. Playmaker. P.J. Williams can play, too. I'm not sure of the OL in FA, but I like a couple in the draft, especially Andrus Peat and Cedric Ogbuhei. Honestly, I don't like Jay Gruden's play-calling. He doesn't run the ball enough. Of course, this was my concern, prior to him being hired.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that kid out of Oregon, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu. Good speed. Ball-hawk. Playmaker. P.J. Williams can play, too. I'm not sure of the OL in FA, but I like a couple in the draft, especially Andrus Peat and Cedric Ogbuhei. Honestly, I don't like Jay Gruden's play-calling. He doesn't run the ball enough. Of course, this was my concern, prior to him being hired.

To be fair to Gruden, he's got to have confidence in his line's ability to grind out yardage. Seems to me that he's a realist in that he knows that his OL cannot sustain drives in either the running game nor the passing game which at this point is the better option. BTW: EVERY expert analysis says that teams are stacking the line defensively daring KC to beat them. They also don't back off in passing situations because additional pressure on KC who can run but doesn't, results in turnovers, errant passes, or fumbles.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hi SkinFaninATL.
Can Peat play Right Tackle? Could we be the first team in history to draft a RT in the top 5? I hate getting in draft mode this early, but I see us either trading down and drafting Oline and getting some picks, or drafting a defensive player. Mariota and Winston, might force someone into a big trade next spring(someone will go all out for Winston despite the off the field stuff). At the rate we are going, we might have a big stack of bargaining chips in those talks.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my list would be RT C OG , DT DE FS,SS , CB

then i would target those needs and draft the BPA at a position of need

if there isnt value there then i either trade back or simply draft the best player on the board

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wont have a top five pick. Rg3 will come back just in time for us to finish 5-11, finish with a pick #11 and we will miss out on the top tier O-lineman we likely need to draft.

So now you are getting mad at RG3 since he might come back & win a few games? Lol - how dare he do this (if only in people's minds). Dude - you need to stop obsessing over this guy.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my list would be RT C OG , DT DE FS,SS , CB

then i would target those needs and draft the BPA at a position of need

if there isnt value there then i either trade back or simply draft the best player on the board

Agree. Pretty much stockpile talent at any position except for WR, RB & LB (can add there but as a bonus). I just hope that they have the right folks in the scouting dept. If not - start upgrading that area now - at all costs.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you are getting mad at RG3 since he might come back & win a few games? Lol - how dare he do this (if only in people's minds). Dude - you need to stop obsessing over this guy.

Dude, Im just stating what i expect to happen. Rg3 will play just well enough at the end of the season that we wont get a top five pick. Aside from the Giants game we have not actually been blown out and have been within a score of making it a game in most of our loses in the 4th quarter. Odds are we wont go 1-15. If we do, then I would have to guess we are in the market for alot more than just O-lineman any way.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Im just stating what i expect to happen. Rg3 will play just well enough at the end of the season that we wont get a top five pick. Aside from the Giants game we have not actually been blown out and have been within a score of making it a game in most of our loses in the 4th quarter. Odds are we wont go 1-15. If we do, then I would have to guess we are in the market for alot more than just O-lineman any way.

Actually - regardless of QB - I believe that there is a good chance that they still win enough games to not be in the top five. Several of their opponents are equally as bad & the Redskins could also for whatever reason upset someone when it doesn't matter. Doesn't really matter - having a higher draft pick is not going to make or break this team. Progress will only come through a series of changes in several areas.

If RG3 returned & showed some progress I would be all for it since it could potentially help the Redskins in the future. I certainly would not view it as a negative.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually - regardless of QB - I believe that there is a good chance that they still win enough games to not be in the top five. Several of their opponents are equally as bad & the Redskins could also for whatever reason upset someone when it doesn't matter. Doesn't really matter - having a higher draft pick is not going to make or break this team. Progress will only come through a series of changes in several areas.

If RG3 returned & showed some progress I would be all for it since it could potentially help the Redskins in the future. I certainly would not view it as a negative.

Here is why i view it as a negative. Because I honestly dont think he will ever be more than a slightly better version of Vick but without all the off field drama. If he comes back and shows some improvement, but still remains as fragile as he has proven, it wont allow the team to make a hard decision on him one way or another. And in three years we will be where the Rams are now with their fragile QB.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why i view it as a negative. Because I honestly dont think he will ever be more than a slightly better version of Vick but without all the off field drama. If he comes back and shows some improvement, but still remains as fragile as he has proven, it wont allow the team to make a hard decision on him one way or another. And in three years we will be where the Rams are now with their fragile QB.

I assume that 1.) RG3 will not get a huge contract extension this offseason 2.) the Redskins will not draft a QB in the high rounds in the next draft & 3.) they will not pickup or trade for a high profile QB for next season. Do you agree?

If so - what difference will it make if RG3 returns & plays well this season? It can only help the team. If he subsequently incurs a major injury or tanks in 2015 - so what - they move on at that time as planned. If - unfortunately - he gets hurt this season - well - then it will allow them to make that decision that you alluded to in your reply.

Unless I am wrong with the assumptions in my first paragraph I don't understand why it would be a bad thing for RG3 to do well if he returns.