• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to move on From Dalton?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys rep has always been talented, but inconsistent.

Then he has a Reletive(by his standards) consistent season, posts some great numbers, and gets the division titles

Then today happens...........

what you think

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
figured this would be ravaged by now

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly something to consider. 3 playoff games and he didn't throw a TD pass until today. In each one he's been horrible.

It may also be time to look at Marvin Lewis.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Cincinnati Bengals. Playing 17 games is pretty good for them.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly something to consider. 3 playoff games and he didn't throw a TD pass until today. In each one he's been horrible.

It may also be time to look at Marvin Lewis.

It was typical Dalton, they know what they have already, if you keep ginger you are looking for more upside, the way the defense was playing all he had to do was not give up the TO.

The playcalling was a little suspect too.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
The guys rep has always been talented, but inconsistent.

Then he has a Reletive(by his standards) consistent season, posts some great numbers, and gets the division titles

Then today happens...........

what you think

Who is available that is better?

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, I didn't get to see this game but it seems like it was a repeat of the last 2 years disappointments. Yhis is what I was saying before the play-offs started about Dalton. He just doesn't seem to have the "it" factor come crunch time. Don't know what the Bengals can or will do but I don't know that they will win when it matters with this guy at the helm.

I think it may be time to take a look at Marvin Lewis, too. Like I said, didn't get to see this game but other teams have turnovers and find ways to win. This team doesn't seem to have whatever it is and that may be on him. I don't know. They definitely have been better, getting to the play-offs 3 years straight but just getting there isn't enough now, imo.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft.....

The QB class has been weakened by hundley and mariotta telling the NFL to go fk themselves when they were guaranteed top 10 picks. Now you just have the big 4 and then mettenberger who could be a good starter but there are question marks. Cincy has no chance at the big 4

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton reminds me of Hasselbeck. He will progress to a certain point and if he has enough talent around him with the running game then he'll put some up sick numbers along with his famous stinkers. Have fun with that Cinci

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is debatable. But honestly, I don't think Lewis needing to be fired is debatable anymore. 0-5 in the playoffs. Yep. 0-5. One more time just to make sure you saw that right. 0-5

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is debatable. But honestly, I don't think Lewis needing to be fired is debatable anymore. 0-5 in the playoffs. Yep. 0-5. One more time just to make sure you saw that right. 0-5

Even more importantly is he lacks the ability to make adjustments in the second half.

Think back to the 2005 against the Steelers in the post season.....the Bengals had a 17-14 lead and didn't score another point.

Same with today.

He comes in with a game plan and if it's not working he's a deer in the head lights.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very much time to give up on Dalton. QB play is (and has been) clearly the weak link in this team. I would guess 25-28 other QBs could put up comparable stats to Dalton with the talent around him on the Bengals.

I also think Lewis' time should be fired or moved into a GM role

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very much time to give up on Dalton. QB play is (and has been) clearly the weak link in this team. I would guess 25-28 other QBs could put up comparable stats to Dalton with the talent around him on the Bengals.

I also think Lewis' time should be fired or moved into a GM role

What about Cincy's running game? Dalton is stil a fairly young QB. Don't you think with a good QB coach and OC he could improve?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Cincy's running game? Dalton is stil a fairly young QB. Don't you think with a good QB coach and OC he could improve?

I think the West Coast offense we run is too reliant on Dalton, who is no more than a game manager. Gio Bernard (who I think could be a Pro Bowl guy someday) and BJGE make for a more than serviceable RB corps. I think Dalton's physical limitations and inability to get the ball into a tight window really limits our playcalling as well, which makes me struggle to go straight to the OC. I think Gruden has done a fairly good job with what he's got.

CincyMan339

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, I always thought the guy had talent, but it's time for him to go. His biggest downfall is not that he is 0-3 in playoff games, it's that he has downright underperformed under pressure.

The stats speak louder than losses in my opinion:
-In three playoff games Dalton has thrown ONE touchdown pass. One freaking touchdown pass.
-SIX interceptions. Six.
-Dalton is 71 of 123 passing, 56.9%, for 718 yards.

One TD pass out of 123 passes? How in the hell is that good enough? Andy Dalton is an incredible regular season QB (Although he was inconsistent all year) and when he plays to his best can stick with any other QB in the league. This Bengals team was far too talented and far too deep to lose to San Diego first round at home...where they didn't lose all year.

Get rid of Marvin and Jay too.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obviously time to look elsewhere, but move on? No way. As another poster said, who would replace him? Nobody out there that's a no brainer, which is why Chicago decided to overpay Cutler. They had no choice and another desperate team would have overpaid. He was their best option and they had to make sure they locked him up.

If I were making the call, I'd bring in a capable vet to push him for the job. Maybe Mike Vick, or another that becomes available.

As for Marvin Lewis, I don't see how you give a guy 6 chances to win a playoff game. Move on.