• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to move on From Dalton?

CincyMan339

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid point...especially without a no brainer QB in the draft as well. Dalton still shows promise, it's hard to beat the regular season performance he had this year, with 24 TD passes. The most in Bengal's history. Perhaps if the Bengals get rid of their current OC, Jay Gruden, and hire someone else that can really teach him and help him grow.

His interceptions has to go down though, plain and simple. that is what has killed him all year. Who knows what kind of year he could have had if he threw half the interceptions he did. But 7 the last two games? Pathetic.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need another WR to go with Green.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obviously time to look elsewhere, but move on? No way. As another poster said, who would replace him? Nobody out there that's a no brainer, which is why Chicago decided to overpay Cutler. They had no choice and another desperate team would have overpaid. He was their best option and they had to make sure they locked him up.

If I were making the call, I'd bring in a capable vet to push him for the job. Maybe Mike Vick, or another that becomes available.

As for Marvin Lewis, I don't see how you give a guy 6 chances to win a playoff game. Move on.

There is no one else out there.....Thats why we did stay with cutler.(although i do think the bears front office actually has confidence in him)
Cutler got a little more than what i thought he should`ve gotten,but got less than what I thought he was gonna get......

anyways,yeah,this why the Bears stayed with Cutler.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell no

maybe the coach though.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
horrible in 3 straight playoff games .... yes, it's probably time to move on

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't move on from him next season, but they should definitely draft a QB to apply some pressure to Dalton. Also the move makes sense for Lewis to give himself a little insurance if he wants to keep his job in the event of another repeat faceplant.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still too early to give up on Dalton. He'll be going into the final year of his rookie contract so, money wise, he is not costing Cincy too much. The Bengals FO needs to let him know he is on the hot seat though. See how he responds. If he "gets it" and improves Cincy gets a very good, young QB. If he falls flat again then let him go. Next year could be a better class of QB's in both FA and the draft.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CIN @ Crossroads

Like SEA, and SF, CIN has very little cap $ tied to the QB position, and they've been able to pay really good money on the DEF side of the ball. Of course that will be changing soon as those rookie contracts expire over the next season or two.

Dalton...He's had some success, I think you let him play out his '14 season, and most likely they will draft a QB this year that will probably get a chance to compete for the job, but I'm not certain that you tie up $50-60 mil/5yr (probably 2nd tier starter money) in Dalton unless the contract relieves you of bonus money for performance reasons.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Football to Cincy

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton's been a nice player, he needs to figure out consistency though. Dalton is just now finishing up year 3, I think the Bengals will, and should, take a patient approach in dealing with him.

Maybe the issue for Andy Dalton is he doesn't have a solid veteran to back him up. He could benefit from having a guy like Matt Hasselbeck to talk on the sideline and get his input about what's going on.

I just don't think the grass is always greener.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dalton is terrible. He actually has one of the best supporting casts in the entire league, and he's consistently mediocre.

He's barely good enough to be a starter. I don't think you can give him much more help than he's gotten the last couple of years, and he still can't win a playoff game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lacks confidence in himself. When he gets an INT (to me anyway) it seems like it really takes him a long time to get over it. He doesn't appear to read the defense as well as some QBs do but I wouldn't say get rid of the guy. COACH HIM BETTER!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get rid of Dalton or you get rid of your OC. Dalton is not a franchise QB. The team is loaded with talent and is reminiscent of the Niners with Alex Smith and the Seahawks with Tavaris Jackson.

This isn't a Matt Ryan with the Falcons scenario. Dalton won't keep getting better. He is a game manager and you have an OC that wants a guy throwing 50 times in the playoffs. Thats just a recipe for disaster.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's close. Matt Ryan is spoiled & overrated. He's better than Dalton though.
It was close. Ryan is better, though, with a stronger arm. Ryan was a top 5 QB last year when he was surrounded by weapons and a top 10 QB this year on a dreadful team. He is a franchise guy even if he'll never be a Peyton, Rodgers or a Brady

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling TN is going after him with Cutler now signed in CHI....QBs are going to fly off the board early I think.

When you look at the teams that are first to draft, you could be right.

2014 NFL Draft order | ProFootballTalk

Houston #1

Jags #3

Browns #4 (it's kind of a tradition they have to draft QB's)

Raiders #5

Bucs #7

Vikings #8

The aforementioned Titans at #11

There are 5 or so solid QB's in the draft and if one person at the top drafts one, it could start a run on them.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys rep has always been talented, but inconsistent.

Then he has a Reletive(by his standards) consistent season, posts some great numbers, and gets the division titles

Then today happens...........

what you think
Dalton is not the problem in Cincy, he has led them to 3 straight playoff appearances and has a load of talent around him....It's one common denominator and it's name is Marvin Lewis, 5 playoff appearances in like 13 yrs with Carson Palmer at the top of his game and now Dalton who has already proven he can get you there.....That's all Marvin has and until they get a HC that can take them to the next level, they will only get worse....
But of course as a Ravens fan, I hope they sign Marv to a 20 yr extension, knowatta mean Vern ?...yip yip